This server...

90 Blood Elf Monk
01/09/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Kungfujo
Not sure if I am the only one who thinks this but something needs to be done about the low population of this server and how it is effecting the way everything is going.
Yes the server needs more population

Here is a list of somethings that i have noticed since Darrowmere merged with us (which was a terrible server).
90% of The Bad and the Ugly are from Darrowmere making Malorne slightly better than it was before.

5. Most of the players are not the brightest of the bunch and cause problems. (caused by the merge with darrowmere)
It feels like you're blaming Darrowmere for the server being low population. Darrowmere helped the population and made it better. Only problem now is that Malorne slowly keeps losing population over time and it needs another realm to merge into it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I've made a thread on the issue here
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592580907#9

It's much worse on the alliance side, there is absolutely no chance for anyone on our faction to get geared. Also, PvP is just a pain to start, because once either side starts it, horde usually wins mainly because of you all outnumbering us.
Edited by Aedan on 1/10/2013 7:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
01/09/2013 11:01 PMPosted by Jurgis
(which is also kind of funny because we are going to the other server mentioned in the thread, Mug'thol).

Jurgis, if you guys are in need of a rogue or a shadowpriest let me know, I'd like to continue raiding, and all my buddies on Mug'thol have stopped so always nice to raid with people from my old server of Malorne or Bonechewer! hit me up Dominiko#1777
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
There's not enough talent on Malorne to have progression guilds without recruiting from outside the server. If a tank or healer quits your progression guild on Malorne, it's very difficult if not impossible to keep progression up.

Iced Tea and BATU did great because they were made up of mostly friends that you could rely on not quitting out of no where and leave you hanging.

Fever constantly struggled to keep the roster talented until they had the influx of recruits from Invincible and his group, which could be argued to have caused more harm than good in the long run.

Then if your guild dies, there's no where to go. If Iced Tea died before Fever I could have joined Fever instead of transferring. But with the only option being an already solid roster BATU it's either quit, join a guild on Malorne that's trying to kill stuff I killed months ago or leave.

There's too many trolls and non-raiders for it to be worth the hassle of trying to start a guild at this point.
Edited by Knuckle on 1/23/2013 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Yep. This happening used too be pretty rare. But servers and guilds dying is happening left and right now causing a lot of servers too implode. I don't think we will see sever mergers for a long time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I just typed /who 90 and there are 23 90's online at the moment... what the hell. blizz please merge us with someone this is nuts! and boring!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/24/2013 04:27 AMPosted by Limix
I just typed /who 90 and there are 23 90's online at the moment... what the hell. blizz please merge us with someone this is nuts! and boring!

Scary to see that on the horde side..apparently you all are hurting badly now, too.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
This server has always been low pop and I have a feeling it will always be. I think in the WOTLK days though you could potentially grab someone to fill a raid that was serviceable. Now it seems like if one of the regulars was lost you are in real trouble. MOP actually had a pretty good set of Raid Guilds for Malorne early. Iced Tea, Fever, BATU, Victus, Sounds Complicated all had some nice talent. Malorne was actually ranked 71st in progression at one point and about 239th in pop. Which means we didn't have many raiders but there was some serious talent here. There were simply not enough good bench players or free agents to keep things going when someone couldn't show up. Blacklisted just came back so there at least some more talented players back in the wire.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
does Saristin still control the AH?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

1. Trolls are trolls... They are everywhere. LITERALLY
2. The Auction house.. Sucks....
3. Multiple guild (fever, iced tea, Ect.) Have disbanded and the people who were in those guilds are now leaving this server due to the fact that there is only 3 main raiding guilds left on this server who have progress in multiple raids and don't need people.
4. Recruitment sucks as well..
5. Most of the players are not the brightest of the bunch and cause problems. (caused by the merge with darrowmere)

1. What trolls? Since thejuicebox and I left, trade chat is silent.
2. Blame Saristin. He charges 2x at least what something is worth on active servers.
3. AND Forgotten Prophecies/Thriller/Vanguard/whatever they call themselves
4. We quite literally couldn't find a resto shaman after weeks of looking. When you can count with 2 hands the number of decent shamans on a server, that's a problem.
5. I may be going out on a limb here, but besides BATU, I don't know of anyone who came from Darrowmere still playing on Malorne. It's cute how many people use Darrowmere as a scapegoat.

Wow subs dropping hit Malorne hard. I made multiple forum posts back in the day complaining about low pop servers suffering when it came to recruitment. Recruiting off server became your only choice, and then people would be hesitant to come to a low pop server. If you wanted to succeed, you had to move elsewhere unfortunately.
Reply Quote
Am I at least on that 2nd hand?!?!? also I came from Darrowmere!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
03/03/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Reeb
Am I at least on that 2nd hand?!?!? also I came from Darrowmere!

IM SORRRRYYYYY, I couldn't remember if you were or not, I thought about it for at least 30 seconds

and you're on the hand I jerk off with
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/03/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Azglok
Recruiting off server became your only choice, and then people would be hesitant to come to a low pop server. If you wanted to succeed, you had to move elsewhere unfortunately.

Awful excuse. Recruitment is a pain in the !@#, yes, but we continue to successfully recruit people from off realm. They are warned that they are coming to a low pop server.

With a guild of even a moderate size you can be self-sustaining in terms of raid resources. There is no reason to xfer off realm.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Maybe you're luckier and more persistant then us. We were suffocating on Malorne. I literally had someone who was qualified and interested until I mentioned we were on a low pop realm, then they said no thanks.

Why make life harder on yourself Proudhorn? Join the dark side and come to Blackrock. We have cookies.

Also...I just dropped that box of cookies while typing this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
At this point, Malorne is gone. I don't see anyway of it coming back ever, and the only way I think blizzard is going to notice if we all pack our bags and transfer. We've tried to get noticed by Blizzard but they won't do anything about it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I disagree about Malorne being officially "gone" though. It has seemingly had its dark day of Guild Xfers in every single expansion and it has bounced back eventually. I also agree with Proud.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Malorne has the ability to thrive, and there are alot of people out there fighting for its survival. Myself and my guild officers in BAMF(Bunnies Are My Friends) have been around for a long time, and we're still holding our own. Our raiding has went down quite a bit from 25m in BC and Wrath to casual 10m's in Cata and MoP. So much so that we've actually just secured a merger with the guild Abuse. They're going to merge into us, and we're changing our guild name. Hopefully we can start hitting some serious 10m content and start a 25m. (which btw, we're always looking for exceptional players no matter the class and role, we'll fit you in somehow :D )

For those of you who know(or care), BAMF is one of the oldest guilds on this server. We separated from ToD back in vanilla. We had two run-ins with other guilds reporting our name and then stealing it, so we just stuck with the bunnies moniker to avoid any further issues.

Either way, we're a testament that people CAN thrive on a low pop server, and will make it work. We're not too active in the community like Proudhorn (which that dude does a ALOT for this server, people should give him props when they see him). Seeing all the good that people are suggesting and putting into action is great.

Overall, I prefer a low pop server though. I've ventured to a few of the higher pop servers with some friends and tried playing, its just not my cup of tea. I like seeing familiar faces around Org and So2M these days. To me, it makes me feel like my character is more important in the story that is Warcraft.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
youre delusional
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]