Inquisition's 30 second cap?

90 Human Paladin
I know a lot of Ret paladin's in both PvP and PvE have issue's with the current format of Inquisition, and I am no different, but I don't see why it would be so hard to change to a point where it keeps it as a high priority move, but makes it a little easier to manage.

What I mean is that when you have 3+ HoPo you can't just use it to extend the duration unless has less that 5 seconds to go (Seeing as otherwise it is a waste of HoPo) But I think that if Inquisition was kept as it is, but recasting it just added that time to the current time (To a cap of one minute for example) It means that you are spending the same HoPo for the same effect but it means we can focus on damage and our "Rotation" for that minute, and if we feel so adding more time to it when needed.

Just an idea, but I think that it addresses the issue of changing Inquisition too much makes ret easier as it is essentially the same system with a "quality of life" improvement.

Oh and removing Inquisition from the GCD would be awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT STOP MAKING THREADS
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ask yourself it ret's rotation needs to/should be easier.

Making Inq forgettable isn't a QoL change. Your idea wouldn't do anything the glyph currently doesn't already do (extending Inq to 1min) minus the damage penalty. The penalty on the glyph exists for a reason.

I really do not understand how Inq is so troublesome that people can't refresh it every 30sec. It's a good buff. You should want to keep it up.

They could change it to a damaging move instead like how rogues have rupture in addition to eviscerate. Divine Storm is aoe and rogues even have that with crimson tempest now.

You really don't find it an issue in pvp? Do you not use wog in pvp?

Yes it's a good buff. Significant even, but if ret damage is balanced around 99% inq uptime then I take a major issue. Ret damage isn't even that high with inq up. Why in the world do we have to suffer so much damage penalty that costs a global and shares the same resource as wog and templar's? We can't even freaking TV for like the first 15 sec. By the time we get around to be able to TV with Inq up, every other class will do 50% to us.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I really have no problem with it while raiding

Real annoying in pvp or just general questing
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 11:45 PMPosted by Thermadin
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Okay forget I even mentioned PvE

I just meant for PvP really, fair enough in raids it is easy enough... actually if you can't do it then you need help. But in PvP it is a real chore to try to keep inquisition up, have enough HoPo for TV and still throw out heals with WoG and then once the battle is over... your buff runs out and you have to start the process over. No it isn't "needed" but it would be a welcome change to how PvP is.

Especially considering in PvP you don't have 100% uptime to generate holy power. Factor in stuns/snares and your holy power is a scarce resource. I am not trying to cry about it and say we are gimped because of it, I just wanted to offer a reasonable solution without taking away ret's already low sustained damage.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/16/2013 05:26 AMPosted by Hurrakane
I just meant for PvP

01/15/2013 11:45 PMPosted by Thermadin

learn the class better before crying about a simple buff to watch
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/16/2013 06:29 AMPosted by Covahredro
Clearly there is, you maybe not think so, but how you think and feel about it doesn't make it the reality for others.

you asked for it.

They probably don't understand how you could like it either.

It's pretty easy to manage, if not second nature at this point.

Any who the real problem I find is the constant windup

pve, nope. pvp, nope. Judgement>exo>4p pvp set, You now have 3HP before being anywhere near melee range of your target, congrats now you hit the simple spell for 10% free crit and nice extra holy damage.

Its having to put it up over and over again for every mob you fight and that becomes quite tedious.
I go through a nice chunk of mobs when doing dailys before having to refresh Inq, again second nature.

It drastically slows down questing
I was second lvl 90 on my idiotserver, I seemed to do fine questing speed.

really hurts rets AoE performance in dungeons.
Lights Hammer>Exo cleave glyph. Welcome to CMs bb. (Im not saying ret aoe isnt weak, its middle imo)

Other than that its also incredibly boring.

I like having to keep up a buff while smashing the boring ret priority(wtb more buttons, I miss my enh shaman with a 14 priority list)

It blows my mind this is like the 8th thread saying Inq is hard to manage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Inquisitions doesn't NEED any changes.

Some of you NEED to reroll a different class though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Judgement>exo>4p pvp set, You now have 3HP before being anywhere near melee range of your target, congrats now you hit the simple spell for 10% free crit and nice extra holy damage.

That set bonus triggers from damage. You don't always take damage before you reach your target.

Due to long arm, you would be well in range before 3 gcds of cast (judge>exo>inq). Usually only takes 2 gcds (judge>inq).

Oh wait I just got charged>shockwaved.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The penalty on the glyph exists for a reason.

Really? I dont see any penalty on Savage Roar glyph, which is so much better than Inquisition and easier to manage. I would rather have a 5s Inqui with no HP from a glyph than losing half of my damage just to make it last twice as long. Thats the problem, its not *entirely* rebuffing it, specially in PvE, is costing Holy Power that we would otherwise use to do damage or heal, both really needed considering how much we depend on TV/WoG.

I personally dont know any good answer how to fix it without everyone being happy with it, but adding time to a 1min cap sounds nice.
Edited by Syros on 1/16/2013 10:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/16/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Syros
I personally dont know any good answer how to fix it without everyone being happy with it, but adding time to a 1min cap sounds nice.

What I said isn't even really a buff to it, all I suggested is that you can stack it when you have spare holy power, you aren't gaining anything and you are spending the same resource for the same effect, the only reason I brought it up is so that you can choose to spend your first 6 holy power in a fight to stack the buff to a point where all the CC, heals you need to throw out and downtime don't leave you re-engaging the enemy with like 9 seconds left and having to refresh it.

It doesn't make it easier to manage you will still have to spend the same holy power to keep it up 100% of the time, it's just so your window of opportunity for the highest possible damage is larger. Personally I think in PvE it won't be needed and you can continue refreshing it as per usual, but in PvP that one minute will make all the difference between having uptime with +10%crit chance +30% holy damage and a couple of TV or uptime where you have to once again spend time refreshing Inquisition and losing all that damage doing so.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It drastically slows down questing

I played around with using Inquisition versus not using it for questing a couple months ago and it certainly felt much faster using Inquisition than not. You only have to use it on every second or third mob, depending on how spread out they are (and Divine Purpose makes it pretty easy to keep up between enemies).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Not to say i'm the #1 paladin in the world, but as a pvper its pretty stressful to constantly relinquish inq every 20secs or so(provided that i'm normally refreshing it a bit early). I find it odd that Blizzard hasn't added Inq to the seals of the rets, I truly believe that You could add a "seal of Inquisition" that does the same effect just acts as a seal and keeps it up the entire time its not a severe buff its not like its a life saver but imo, without Inquisition up your practically not going to do good or even sufficient dps on a player in pvp. Retribution is based on Burst and if Inq wasn't a casted spell Ret could be more capable of overall damage and less based on timing Hp proc spells setting myself up for an exo as soon as I burst which sometimes I don't get to cause i'm forced to burst, which reduces my damage by quite a bit. All in all i'm not the best paladin in the world but I understand the frustration of losing 3 hp in arenas or even at something as worthless as duels and having to suffer for it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/16/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Atolondor
Not to say i'm the #1 paladin in the world, but as a pvper its pretty stressful to constantly relinquish inq every 20secs or so(provided that i'm normally refreshing it a bit early).

You have less than 10k kills on your pally. It's not the spell that's the problem, you have to get better at managing Inq.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I wasnt even comparing two abilities, only their glyphs, but oh well.

Yes, Savage Roar can cost up to 5 combo points, but at every 'stage' they have a bigger uptime then Inquisition (with the exception of 3 CP/HP SR/In) and are easier to farm in a target than Inquisition in a sustained manner (PVP WISE). Idk about Ferals, but Rogues doesnt have ways to maintain their CP in other targets as well? Like a talent or an ability? They are not getting a new ability in 5.2 that grants 5 CP instant as well? Mark for Death or something? Ferals and Rogues only depends on energy regeneration to built CP too, we depend on 'large' cooldowns, so the excuse that they lost their CP isnt not even such a big deal to begin with, specially because the bonus itself continues for up to 42s (SR), while SnD gets refresh/bigger uptime with passives and mastery.

But again, I'm not comparing in any way Rogue's SnD and Feral' SR with Inquisition or saying whats fair or not. I'm just saying how ridiculous the Inquisition glyph is. WE NEED those extra 15%. And although it is easy to maintain it while raiding (did I ever said it wasnt?), it costs too much resource for PvP - Savage Roar' glyph on other hand can be pretty handful, it even last for more than 1 HP Inquisition when using with 0 CP.

I dont even know why people come up with the easy talk or complexity talk. Its nothing about that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]