Veroicone's Cookie Birthday Cake - Healer OT

90 Draenei Shaman
01/27/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Kaels
So what you do now is not about some sort of magical 'ever after'. It's about now. It's about what you want to do and who you want to be, right now, at this moment in your life. In this part of your story, do you want to be the guy that took a chance, or the one who played it safe?

^
I love Kaels. Listen to this guy.

At the same time, please take care of yourself. If you don't think it's safe to go for it ... you've got a whole life ahead of you for flings and romances and taking chances. Whatever your choice is, make your choice for this moment, for this chapter in your story.

01/27/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Mist
There's no such thing as "being okay" when messing with a married person. You're gonna get burned. Hard. I can 100% promise you that. The kind of guy that would cheat on his wife is the kind of guy that would !@#$ you over at the drop of a hat.

Of course I'm gonna get hurt. Even though you're wrong about this guy, I know I'm setting myself up for some pain in like 6-8 months. And then I'll heal. It's happened before and it'll happen again.
100 Blood Elf Monk
01/27/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Heartsings
Even though you're wrong about this guy

I'm never wrong, no matter how little information I have on someone. This would be a first for me if I was. I've been more right about people with even -less- information than this. I'm basically magical.

There's going to be a point in the near future where I'll have an "I told you so" line revved up and waiting to go.

01/27/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Heartsings
It's happened before and it'll happen again.

Somebody get me my newspaper.
01/27/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Mist
I'm never wrong, no matter how little information I have on someone. This would be a first for me if I was. I've been more right about people with even -less- information than this. I'm basically magical.

Haha you're so full of it. Make it a bet -- if he deliberately treats me like !@#$ I'll let you know so you can say "I told you so".
Edited by Heartsings on 1/27/2013 11:47 AM PST
90 Worgen Druid
01/27/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Kaels
So what you do now is not about some sort of magical 'ever after'. It's about now. It's about what you want to do and who you want to be, right now, at this moment in your life. In this part of your story, do you want to be the guy that took a chance, or the one who played it safe?

I'm just tired of hiding my unhappiness from everyone. It is exhausting. Always putting on a smile and laughing even though sometimes I just don't want to.

If he is able to make me want to smile and laugh... and just forget about the problems I'm facing... I want to be around him. At least for as long as I can. :/

Believe me, I want to take the chance. I've taken chances in the past. I'm just more afraid than I've ever been in the past.
100 Blood Elf Monk
Haha you're so full of it. Make it a bet -- if he deliberately treats me like !@#$ I'll let you know so you can say "I told you so".

You'd think that I was full of it, but I've encountered so many girls in your situation and I've literally never been wrong. Ever. I have no reason to believe that I'd be wrong again.

But yes. I'll be waiting.

01/27/2013 11:49 AMPosted by Malrius
I'm just tired of hiding my unhappiness from everyone. It is exhausting. Always putting on a smile and laughing even though sometimes I just don't want to.

Welcome to life, my friend. That's 90% of what you do as an adult.
Edited by Mist on 1/27/2013 11:51 AM PST
90 Worgen Priest
And then I'll heal. It's happened before and it'll happen again.

Have you ever taken into consideration the feelings of his wife? I mean, she's in another continent, not dead.

Also, if you're going to cheat with, you're going to cheat on. It's icky. No offense.
90 Night Elf Druid
I love Kaels. Listen to this guy.

At the same time, please take care of yourself. If you don't think it's safe to go for it ... you've got a whole life ahead of you for flings and romances and taking chances. Whatever your choice is, make your choice for this moment, for this chapter in your story.

There's no such thing as "being okay" when messing with a married person. You're gonna get burned. Hard. I can 100% promise you that. The kind of guy that would cheat on his wife is the kind of guy that would !@#$ you over at the drop of a hat.

Of course I'm gonna get hurt. Even though you're wrong about this guy, I know I'm setting myself up for some pain in like 6-8 months. And then I'll heal. It's happened before and it'll happen again.

So wouldn't it be easier to just tell him to F off and find someone that isn't a d-bag? Why get yourself hurt if you know it's going to happen. Find someone that won't be a moron :D
90 Worgen Priest
01/27/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Veroicone
So wouldn't it be easier to just tell him to F off and find someone that isn't a d-bag? Why get yourself hurt if you know it's going to happen. Find someone that won't be a moron :D

^
90 Blood Elf Priest
I know this sounds cynical, or mean, or something, but it's not actually intended that way: There is approximately a 99% chance that no romantic or sexual relationship you have between birth and age 20 will have a happy ending, even if you define "happy ending" as "lasting into adulthood and then having a relatively friendly break-up."

omg. I am a 1%.

<Married childhood sweetheart. 7 years married this march and 11 years together as of February.

As to your quandary Mal...er. Wow, wish I knew what to say. It's sort of a combination of the unrequited love with a good friend which is hard. Because if they don't feel the same way and you tell them it will be awkward.

And then there is the whole gay thing. Which is also difficult because there is still a ton of stigma associated with that, although ymmv on that depending on your social circle.

Anyway.
/ehuggles from Auntie Winni. ♥
90 Night Elf Druid
^ Aw cute :D!

I almost married my high school sweetheart ... that would have so not lasted :P

And Mal you can always vent to us <3 Whether in here or in the healer's IRC :)

Personally I've always been a risk taker when it comes to love/confessions of the heart, but you do have to decide if it's worth it. And if you do decide to tell him, prepare yourself and don't blurt it out. That only sometimes works ... :3
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/27/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Veroicone

^

Oh this drives me insane since I'm usually attracted to women who are in a relationship with a d bag and they come crying to me for the short time they are single before they get in a relationship with another d bag.
Edited by Viena on 1/27/2013 1:36 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
So much exceptionally good advice in this thread. Seriously.

Mal, ily. <3 When I see you on next, I'm giving you a hug.
100 Blood Elf Monk
http://www.twitch.tv/ranixxi

because alt raids.
100 Tauren Druid

If he is able to make me want to smile and laugh... and just forget about the problems I'm facing... I want to be around him. At least for as long as I can. :/

This is the only part of everything you have said so far that matters. I agree with what else has been said, the distance would make any sort of a long-term relationship difficult, if not impossible. Personally, I would say that you should savor the happiness you feel, even if it may never be all that you could dream. Allow yourself the dream when he isn't near, and the smiles and laughter when he is. Many people aren't binary in their attraction, so I hope you won't feel guilty or "wrong" about this crush. Even if it never acted upon, attraction in and of itself can be pleasurable, and there is nothing shameful about feeling it.

I know this is the most annoying advice on the planet, but with time, unrequited love doesn't hurt as much, and you will have the happy memories without the painful ones if you just remain friends with him. In time, you may find another, happier ending, with someone who is in a position to return your love.
90 Draenei Shaman
We did it! 16/16 10man normal :D
90 Blood Elf Priest
Um, if it helps any, the Czech Republic is a nice place. My mom lived there in the capital, Prague, for like seven years and I got to visit. Even if you just stay friends having buddies overseas is a good excuse to go places. Just sayin.

As of midnight my boyfriend will not be speaking for 24 hours in memory of his 20 year old cat that died on the 28th last year. Not going to be fun :( I miss the old kitty too he was so sweet. Even a year later its easy for me to cry, and I am not the one who owned him for like my whole lifespan.

Edit- some guild just got realm first Shekzeer heroic. I am a stranger to progression, is this good or is my realm slow?
Edited by Aestyr on 1/27/2013 8:28 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Monk
Slow. Very slow.

Also, I love my cat more than life itself, but I don't think I could give the world the silent treatment in memory. People do weird !@#$ to remember loved things.
100 Pandaren Priest
Heroic Lei Shi died. I got shoulders. Intrigue got the staff off a coin roll.

And I outhealed Elethia. Good night!
100 Blood Elf Monk
01/27/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Kerias
And I outhealed Elethia

I've consulted with the healing union, and this never happened. If you persist, we'll be sending our guys out with the memory wipe device.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]