Veroicone's Cookie Birthday Cake - Healer OT

90 Tauren Paladin
01/28/2013 08:42 AMPosted by Mist
I like to put on the illusion of being nice sometimes, okay?

good call. I phrase things as questions at work that are not questions at all but it makes employees feel as if they have a choice in the matter even though they don't.
90 Worgen Priest
01/28/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Dayani
I am definitely struggling with some depression issues

I'm sorry to hear that. :[ Depression sucks the motivation right outta you. /hug
96 Tauren Monk
@Dayani: I feel you on that. I've been dealing with a lot of the same things over the last year, at least on the depression front. Different circumstances I'm sure. But it definitely makes doing anything outside of raiding really difficult because my mind just wanders and they become tedious.

Raiding is pretty much one of the few things that keeps me sane right now because it's a set schedule and forces me to focus.

I've just been taking it one step at a time lately. Forcing myself to socialize within the WoW community again, attempting to teach people to monk, stuff like that.
Edited by Mist on 1/28/2013 8:55 AM PST
01/28/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Mist
I've just been taking it one step at a time lately. Forcing myself to socialize within the WoW community again, attempting to teach people to monk, stuff like that.

And we are all very happy you decided to. :)

<3 Mist
90 Blood Elf Priest
OK! For Malrius and Heartsings, because music soothes the soul :3

~
When we lift the covers from our feelings
We expose our insecure spots
Trust is just as rare as devotion
Forgive us our cynical thoughts
If we need to much attention
Not content with being cool
We must throw ourselves right open
And start acting like a fool
If we need too much approval
Then the cuts can seem too cruel

Right to the heart of the matter
Right to the beautiful part
Illusions are painfully shattered
Right where discovery starts
In the secret wells of emotion
Buried deep in our hearts

It's true that love can change us
But never quite enough
Sometimes we are too tender
Sometimes we're too tough
If we get too much attention
It gets hard to overrule
So often fragile power turns
To scorn and ridicule
Sometimes our big splashes
Are just ripples in the pool

Right to the heart of the matter
Right to the beautiful part
Illusions, illusions are painfully shattered
Right where discovery starts
In the secret wells of emotion
Buried deep in our hearts
Feelings run high, feelings run high

Song: Emotion Detector Album: Power Windows Band: Rush
Music: Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson Lyrics: Neil Peart

~
Proud swagger out of the schoolyard
Waiting for the world's applause
Rebel without a conscience
Martyr without a cause
Static on your frequency
Electrical storm in your veins
Raging at unreachable glory
Straining at invisible chains

And now you're trembling on a rocky ledge
Staring down into a heartless sea
Can't face life on a razor's edge
Nothing's what you thought it would be

All of us get lost in the darkness
Dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter
Dreamers turn to look at the cars
Turn around and turn around and turn around
Turn around and walk the razor's edge
Don't turn your back and slam the door on me

It's not as if this barricade
Blocks the only road
It's not as if you're all alone
In wanting to explode
Someone set a bad example
Made surrender seem allright
The act of a noble warrior
Who lost the will to fight

And now you're trembling on a rocky ledge
Staring down into a heartless sea
Done with life on a razor's edge
Nothing's what you thought it would be

All of us get lost in the darkness
Dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter
Dreamers turn to look at the cars
Turn around and turn around and turn around
Turn around and walk the razor's edge
Don't turn your back and slam the door on me

No hero in your tragedy
No daring in your escape
No salutes for your surrender
Nothing noble in your fate
Christ, what have you done?

Song: The pass Album: Presto Band:Rush

~
I can learn to resist
Anything but temptation
I can learn to coexist
With anything but pain
I can learn to compromise
Anything but my desires
I can learn to get along
With all the things I can't explain

I can learn to resist
Anything but frustration
I can learn to persist
With anything but aiming low
I can learn to close my eyes
To anything but injustice
I can learn to get along
With all the things I don't know

You can surrender without a prayer
But never really pray
Pray without surrender
You can fight
Fight without ever winning
But never ever win
Win without a fight

Song: Resist Album: Test for Echo Band: Rush
~

So I am a bit of a Rush fan, let the ridicule commence, Mist.
96 Tauren Monk
I can't bash Rush. I love Rush.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Where are these song lyrics?

Copy/Paste faster!

Riôt

I don't copy paste :p
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/28/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Mist
I can't bash Rush. I love Rush.

New best friend :3
They are either loved or hated it seems.

The sad part is fans that didn't know they have been releasing new albums and touring since 2002.
96 Tauren Monk
They're so incredibly talented. Anyone with any respect for music has to love Rush, honestly. Also:

I was listening to a Rush channel on Pandora, then this came on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICnlyNUt_0o

...so now I'm on a Duran Duran kick.
90 Tauren Paladin
01/28/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Aestyr

Anyone who dislikes Neil Peart should be ashamed of themselves. I saw them back in the late 80's before they and i were old.
90 Night Elf Druid
Grats Esheep!

So wouldn't it be easier to just tell him to F off and find someone that isn't a d-bag? Why get yourself hurt if you know it's going to happen. Find someone that won't be a moron :D

Also, if you're going to cheat with, you're going to cheat on. It's icky. No offense.

So here's the thing. This guy's been married for at least 17 years. He's been living in the US for seven years. He's sent his family in Guatemala enough money to buy a freaking house and send their three kids to private school. And in seven years, he hasn't gotten any American booty. I don't know all of his reasons for that, but I know one reason is that (like me) he doesn't trust easy. So he's been living a relatively lonely life for a long-!@# time.

I wouldn't be into him if he was a d-bag or a moron.

I am making an effort to consider his wife's interests, because she can't speak for herself here. That is the only thing that really bothers me. However, he's been representing his wife's interests for seven years. To some extent I trust him to make the decisions that affect his own marriage.

And that's all. If anyone gives a $%^-, I'll elaborate on my own reasons, but ... I mean this in the kindest way possible ... I don't feel the need to justify myself here.

Any guy that willingly wants to cheat on his wife is a dbag and a moron. How do you know he's telling the truth? He could be lying. He could be sleeping with a new woman every week for all you know and not be supporting his family. You don't trust easy, but you trust *HIM*? Personally, I'd tell him to go away and probably would run a background check before doing so :3

But yes it's your life and you don't have to justify yourself to us, but you posted it in a public place where people can respond and form their opinions. You can do whatever you want, but if I was your friend IRL I'd tell you not to trust him either (and run a background check >_>).

Wish you the best and hope it doesn't bite you in the bum in the long run.

On another note, my 88 priest is going horde soon (again) yayyy! So I can actually quest on her :)
Edited by Veroicone on 1/28/2013 9:10 AM PST
100 Draenei Shaman
01/28/2013 08:49 AMPosted by Fluffychoo
/hug

Yeah so that just made me sniffle a little :P I clearly need to go to bed. /hug

@Dayani: I feel you on that. I've been dealing with a lot of the same things over the last year, at least on the depression front. Different circumstances I'm sure. But it definitely makes doing anything outside of raiding really difficult because my mind just wanders and they become tedious.

Raiding is pretty much one of the few things that keeps me sane right now because it's a set schedule and forces me to focus.

Yes, raiding is a godsend. I get all excited about it and I'm typically very cheerful during it. I'd go utterly nuts if I didn't have it, and if my guild weren't so freaking awesome.

Unfortunately I am feeling some (totally self-inflicted) pressure to do a lot of TC work, outside of raidtime, for the fight we're working on right now.

It started as a fun project (Hey, something seems broken about my druid alt's Soul of the Forest Lifebloom on Tsulong, what's up with that), snowballed into a big deal (Hey, how can I get the absolute most out of my druid's healing on Tsulong?), then got truly ridiculous (So does The Light of Day really have a diminishing +heal boost like the dungeon journal says? *insert hours of furious calculation and log trawling here* Nope! What a freaking liar!) and is now bordering on ludicrous. Pretty soon the fabric of the universe is going to spontaneously become plaid. [Bonus points to anyone who gets that old, old reference.]

So the raiding is fun but I feel like I'm underpreparing because I don't know exactly how we should be handling Day phase (I am still trying to advocate for a "The Light of Dayani" strat, but I doubt I'll convince anyone :D) and blah blah blah I'm neurotic and ugh.

But. I do need to learn how to monk. Because I can't double check my monk spreadsheet without a level 90 monk to test with. I think most of my numbers are correct but my Healing Sphere equation seems off and I can't seem to fix it. My written stuff is definitely out of date, and has been for a while, but every time I go to try to fix it, I just get really close to deleting it. Stupid monks and their non-traditional healing style! So hmm. Hmmmmm, I say.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Wow things are going on since last I was here!

Much <3 to Malrius. I wish I had some advice to offer but others more experienced than me have it well covered.

Heartsings: It's never ok to date a married man unless he has an open marriage, and the wife is fully aware and participatory. He is lying to her, sneaking around on her, abusing her trust. How would you feel in her shoes? I know getting attention is nice but consider the cost.

Sorry to belabor that point but cheating really bothers me.
96 Tauren Monk
If you have any questions about monk, or progression in general, as long as it doesn't involve Lei Shi, I can help you out.

I'm not a very mathy person, but I can tell you what does, and doesn't work. All I know is I've hit the point where my shaman lets me take 90% of the Light of Days and there are bajillions of healing to be done because monk is OP.
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/28/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Moobiee

Anyone who dislikes Neil Peart should be ashamed of themselves. I saw them back in the late 80's before they and i were old.

I have seen them six times since 2002 and honestly, they have just gotten better with age. Like a good wine. That and the few people I knew that didn't really like Rush, it was because Ged's voice was high and it has mellowed some as he got older.

I am a pretty huge fan though >.> have been since I was like 7 (thank you Dad). Got all of Neil's books. Speaking of, he had a collaboration with a guy and they made an actual Clockwork Angels novel I am digging into now. Happy day! You should have SEEN me nerding out when I got the CD.

Like, really. "OMG RUSH MADE A WHOLE CONCEPT ALBUM FINALLY! SQUEEEEEEE!!!"
100 Draenei Shaman
If you have any questions about monk, or progression in general, as long as it doesn't involve Lei Shi, I can help you out.

I'm not a very mathy person, but I can tell you what does, and doesn't work. All I know is I've hit the point where my shaman lets me take 90% of the Light of Days and there are bajillions of healing to be done because monk is OP.

Progression I'm pretty solid on, but actual monk playstyle is where I'm lacking in experience. I messed around with it on Beta enough to write a pretty solid overview of the class at the time (and decide that I hate it) but since I abhor levelling and this character is my main, I haven't really been able to keep up. I might have to take you up on that :P

I've seen a lot of logs of the OMG MONK strat and I really don't understand it ... I mean, I get that monks can spam a lot of healing on the boss with the near infinite mana they get from LoD/BiL, but I am not sure I understand why that outpaces other healers with their healing CDs up. Personally, although everyone seems to be of the opinion that Shamans are terrible now that Ascendance and AG have been unlinked, I am still rockin' the first Day phase, and feeling pretty strong, but that could be an artefact of the fact that I have been mathing and thinking about H Tsulong for so long that I am literally dreaming about the fight at night ><
96 Tauren Monk
Enveloping Mist is really powerful. And the fact that our biggest heal is instant cast while spamming SM, in addition to the healing from SM.

When you can bomb a heal that does millions every GCD, in addition to HoTs ticking, it adds up really, really fast. Then you put on a life cocoon w\ healing CD's from other healers, and you TFT a surge, you outpace everyone by miles.
Edited by Mist on 1/28/2013 9:30 AM PST
100 Draenei Shaman
WTB PMs on this forum so I can give you my battle tag all secret like and pick your brain :P
96 Tauren Monk
The healer OT chatroom has PMs. Feel free to find me there.
100 Draenei Shaman
Yeah, but the healer OT chatroom is scary ><

(And more pertinently, it is 4:30am and I should really, reeeeaaally be in bed. Blarg.)
Edited by Dayani on 1/28/2013 9:34 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]