What healing class has no issues with mana?

100 Human Hunter
Just curious leveling my 88 holy pally, I have my 90 mistweaver and was wondering out of all wow classes for healing which one never has issues with mana?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They all have mana issues from 88-90. Once you get to a certain gear level is becomes easier.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Death Knight.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/17/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Kaels
Death Knight.

lol.

Seriously though, mana management is part of playing a healer. When it comes down to it, resource management is important for almost every class and spec, barring perhaps, elemental and enhancement shamans for which resource management is negligible.

For healers, mana 'problems' are resolved through improved gear - you will struggle at low gear levels (assuming doing advanced content at level 90) until gear improves. Especially as someone new to healing. This is normal.
Reply Quote
70 Worgen Druid
A big problem with Blizzard's current design for WoW healing is that Mana does not matter at all from 1 to 85 or so.

So new healers or healers that are leveling never learn to deal with Mana issues. It's a big shock when Mana suddenly becomes a problem at very high level only and all the spell choices and healing decisions that have become instinct don't work any longer.
Reply Quote
All healers have to deal with mana, it's the way healers are designed.

Mistweavers and Paladins are a little different because they have heals that are based on a second resource (Chi and Holy Power), and MW also have an active mana regen in Mana Tea, but they still have to manage their mana. With gear, every healer can go from having mana issues to being in a comfortable place.

Though in my experience, Resto Shaman hit that comfortable place earlier than Priests of either spec, thanks to Water Shield. I haven't played any other healer at 90 so I can't comment on the other classes.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Everyone has mana problems until gear catches up with content.

Used to need to spend a few seconds drinking after every couple trash pulls in heroic 5-mans. Now I can heal, DPS constantly, and still never dip below 40%.

Used to run out of gas during the last bits of MSV bosses. Now something has to go horribly wrong on most of them to make me start to really think "OK, who really needs a heal"

I'm now at a point where Garalon is the only fight testing my mana managment, and I know that will start to slip away.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Priests right now are the top dogs in regards to mana. Both Holy and Disc can do a ton of healing with their low cost spells. All the rest of the healers for the most part have some issues. I'd say Shaman are the second most efficient with putting out high HPS vs. mana cost.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]