5.2 PvP notes

90 Human Warlock
Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental now gain 25% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power (was 0%). Dedicated healers will continue to gain 50% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power and 0% damage from PvP Power.

Do you think this will help Ret be viable / be more viable or is the change lackluster?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
it'll be pretty huge
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, right now on the PTR the change is almost unoticable unfortunately
My gear isnt that great, but i'm running about 48% pvp power (stacking resil, am sure it would be different otherwise) and it gives about a 12% increase in heals (obvious math)

So instead of a 33k heal, i get a 36k heal

Doesnt feel that amazing, unless you are a class that can stack PvP power :S

Fortunately (since this is the ret forums) Sword of Light is going to increase our Flash of Light heal by 100%, instead of 30%

And combining the two, makes our heal (doing rough math here since SoL change isnt on PTR yet) around 52k, which is a much needed increase

Ultimately, will it make us viable? A bit moreso in arena, since there is alot of nerfs going around, but in rbgs, unless you are good caller or friends with an rbg leader, gl trying to find a group, because we still don't have the level of consistent dmg/cc needed, and it looks like GC has no plans on changing that this patch :S
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/17/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Marína
Dedicated healers will continue to gain 50% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power and 0% damage from PvP Power.

BS we should get 25% to damage
Reply Quote
Hmm sounds like a step toward making our heals viable again. I don't expect anything like Cata's x3 word of glory anymore but this will help.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
From what Ghostcrawler has been saying we only recieved a 20% ish nerf to our healing before the 5.1 patch. If thats actually the case then we should actually be viable again seeing as how thats when I went from I love PvPing as Ret to Ret is f'ing broken
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Selfless Healer now boosts Flash of Light by 20/40/60%, down from 33/66/100%, and can be activated by Holy Shock, in addition to Judgment.

Umm yea, nerfed lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental
They said they're planning on not giving Shadow this buff. Or at least not much of it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Selfless Healer now boosts Flash of Light by 20/40/60%, down from 33/66/100%, and can be activated by Holy Shock, in addition to Judgment.

Umm yea, nerfed lol

Flash of Healing now heals for 100% up from 30% for Ret through Sword of Light.

Not so nerfed, except for Prot (who usually doesn't care about this talent and if they do, has a ton of Vengeance to power their Flash of Light) and Holy (who have strong heals anyway - and now Holy Shock affects Selfless Healer).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Umm yea, nerfed lol

The Selfless Healer change is more than offset by the Sword of Light change; 160% of 200% is more than 205% of 130%. PvP power is gravy on top of that.
01/17/2013 08:59 PMPosted by Karob
Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental
They said they're planning on not giving Shadow this buff. Or at least not much of it.

I believe the quote was that they intend to offset the change for Shadow in other ways. As in, "we're buffing PvP power in general, but nerfing Shadow healing specifically". Haven't been following priest notes, so I'm not sure if they've followed through on that.
Edited by Ravicana on 1/17/2013 10:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/17/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Ravicana
I believe the quote was that they intend to offset the change for Shadow in other ways. As in, "we're buffing PvP power in general, but nerfing Shadow healing specifically". Haven't been following priest notes, so I'm not sure if they've followed through on that.

Looks like they did. Flash Heal is nerfed for Shadow, but provides more healing if you're Disc or Holy through a Passive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]