Looting bodies in Battlegrounds

100 Human Mage
Who is the genius (or geniuses) at Blizzard that decided to make it so that when you loot bodies in battlegrounds you only get about 30 copper (except for Wintergrasp and I think Eye of the Storm). If you are going to do something like this just don't make bodies lootable at all. I am tired of PvP taking a backseat to WoW PvE. If you can loot bodies for silver in a dungeon instance, make them lootable for 30 silver or so in the BGs. I used to enjoy looting bodies in the battlegrounds for silver. Blizzard takes little things in the game that are fun and ruins them. Also, I don't like the fact that the loot window is no longer moveable. Shape up your game, Blizzard.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
01/18/2013 06:09 AMPosted by Mckenna
Who is the genius (or geniuses) at Blizzard that decided to make it so that when you loot bodies in battlegrounds you only get about 30 copper (except for Wintergrasp and I think Eye of the Storm). If you are going to do something like this just don't make bodies lootable at all. I am tired of PvP taking a backseat to WoW PvE. If you can loot bodies for silver in a dungeon instance, make them lootable for 30 silver or so in the BGs. I used to enjoy looting bodies in the battlegrounds for silver. Blizzard takes little things in the game that are fun and ruins them. Also, I don't like the fact that the loot window is no longer moveable. Shape up your game, Blizzard.

I miss all the items you used to be able to loot in AV. The fun little RP items, the body parts--it was always a special thrill to loot the head of that one night elf warrior who had been the bane of my existence ever since we were both leveling back in vanilla. But, yeah, I get your point. It's hard to support a PvP lifestyle when you only loot copper.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You loot bodies to force them to rez at the graveyard, not to earn gold.

Moving the loot window is an option under the interface tab. You can either move it to the far left of your screen or open at your mouse on-screen.

Moving it to a specific fixed spot other than default has only be completed by an add-on, its never been a part of the default interface
Reply Quote
20 Orc Warrior
Likely because of the bot problem. If they simply rewarded gold for PvP, the bots would become even more of a problem.

I think just remove insignia looting, and make you gain additional honour for honor kills.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Looting shouldn't be a big deal in bgs :/
From what I understand looting a body in a bg prevents them from rezzing at their bodies?
Your 'loot' is the honor gained when completing a battleground.

The looting window should be fixed, I agree.
But... as far as how much is looted in a bg? Its not a huge deal.

ninja'd
Edited by Sâbath on 1/18/2013 6:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The problem that I see with the argument that it shouldn't have a monetary gain attached is that many of the battlegrounds involve some form of environmental damage in which you DO take armor damage which can -- in turn -- cost gold.

Either remove item damage while in BGs/Arena or up the money looted from corpses to compensate.
Reply Quote
20 Orc Warrior
The problem that I see with the argument that it shouldn't have a monetary gain attached is that many of the battlegrounds involve some form of environmental damage in which you DO take armor damage which can -- in turn -- cost gold.

Either remove item damage while in BGs/Arena or up the money looted from corpses to compensate.

The real problem is that if even a decent amount of gold could be gained from battlegrounds, bots would be even a more serious problem.

Botting would allow you to not only gain honor in BGs, but also a good gold income. Say each player dropped 5 gold, even split to all nearby players on your side, that's still a huge income when you consider hundreds of hours a month of someone botting.

Bots are a big problem still, and I suspect is has something to do with this.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
Epics had a chance of dropping in BGs, or at least AV where I saw an epic mace drop in vanilla. No loot roll either.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Botting would allow you to not only gain honor in BGs, but also a good gold income. Say each player dropped 5 gold, even split to all nearby players on your side, that's still a huge income when you consider hundreds of hours a month of someone botting.

Bots are a big problem still, and I suspect is has something to do with this.

Currency looted from players doesn't get divided among your team, I thought?

If it doesn't divide, it would be hard for bots to collect unless they're able to kill a player (or just run in if the person who got the kill didn't want to take the time to loot)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
01/18/2013 06:09 AMPosted by Mckenna
except for Wintergrasp

I forgot about this. I remember making bank in Wintergrasp off of bodies. I think they nerfed it though.

Thanks for reminding me of good times. <3
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Not only is it to force them to rez at the GY, you also recieve items for darkmoon faire quest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]