Oceanic Realms Pet Battle Tamers Daily reset

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Not really sure where to post this but...

This has been going from launch as far as i know. The reset times of the pet battle tamers dailies reset with accordance to US realm timings on oceanic realms(which means in the middle of the evening as opposed to after midnight like the other dailies), while this might seem like small matter to some but it has gotten rather annoying when you are trying to finish up one days worth of pet battle dailies but half way thru your circuit the battle resets and you lose out on a day's worth of supplies =(

Not sure if its only just happening to me or is there any other fellow oceanic pet battlers experiencing this too?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Honestly the whole reset thing is stupid right now. Especially when it comes to certain events like the wanderer's festival. It might have to do with closing off cross realm exploits, but now we're all being punished for it. I would hate for dailies to reset in the middle of the day - that would make me pretty sour.
Edited by Nightsbane on 1/5/2013 3:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
It has do to with the ability to create characters on non-Oceanic timezones on the same account. I know, I have them. Players with Oceanic accounts can also create characters on US realms.

They had to draw a line in the sand to prevent players from swapping between Oceanic and US accounts and double-dipping account-wide activities. Pet Battle dailies and Blingtron are both affected.

They use the US server clock to determine reset.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
They always reset at the same time for everyone because it is an account wide feature that could be exploited if done in a staggered manner. This time is 3am PDT. Knowing the time means you can plan around it so it should not be an issue. It really should not matter when the reset is, you just have to do them at the same time each day.

If you have trouble finishing them before the time, start doing them after it - so always at 9pm (when it resets for me, not sure what time zone you are in). I usually just do mine every second day - before and after 9pm which works quite well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They always reset at the same time for everyone because it is an account wide feature that could be exploited if done in a staggered manner. This time is 3am PDT. Knowing the time means you can plan around it so it should not be an issue. It really should not matter when the reset is, you just have to do them at the same time each day.

If you have trouble finishing them before the time, start doing them after it - so always at 9pm (when it resets for me, not sure what time zone you are in). I usually just do mine every second day - before and after 9pm which works quite well.

Ah yea... didnt consider that possibilty of exploits lol...

but anyway it resets at 7pm for me which is right smack in the middle of prime time(at least for me) where i would get home from work and some days i might be free earlier and some days later at which to do my pet battle dailies.

well this is as i said more of a minor annoyance than anything but hopefully perhaps a better solution might be reached by blizz then setting it all at an arbitrary timing(not that im really expecting much to change anyway....)
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
01/05/2013 03:50 AMPosted by Nightsbane
Honestly the whole reset thing is stupid right now. Especially when it comes to certain events like the wanderer's festival.

They use the US server clock to determine reset.

The Oceanic Wanderer's Festival is NOT on the same clock as the US (I have personally confirmed that it was not active on Oceanic while simultaneously active on US). I don't know when it happens on Oceanic.

Pet battle dailies reset at 3am PST?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]