Next WoW Expansion?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Pandaria is not my cup of tea. I'll be breaking till the next expansion.

What do you guys think it'll be? Is there anything official known about it?
95 level cap, or 100?

I'm hoping the level cap will be 100, and it'll be the final expansion. Which mean's fighting the Burning Legion on their home world with Sargeras as the final boss. This would be amazing. BC was my favorite expansion and this would definitely have that feel to it. Actual WARcraft not some Panda loving mist zone.

If Blizzard decides to do 2 more expansions, my guess is the next one, level cap 95, would be something revolving around the Old Gods and the Titans. Maybe some Time Traveling with the Caverns of Time?

I mean, how much do they have left to work with on Azeroth? The map is basically completely full, they'd have to make some other world. And I don't think they'll be redoing Azeroth again like they did for Cata.

Thoughts and opinions?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The cap will probably be lv 95 and I am certain it will involve the burning legion. Although I think it is too early for Sargeras, I think Kil'jaeden will be the last boss of it.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Death Knight
Well, I can say one thing with absolute certainty: Whatever it is, it will definitely not be the final expansion.

As for what else they could do, here are some possibilities

-Kil'jaeden, the Burning Legion, along with any worlds in the Twisting Nether. Examples would be Argus, Xoroth, remnants of K'areesh, and anything new CDev comes up with.

-Azshara, the Naga, the islands in the Great Sea, and possibly a raised portion of old Kalimdor, courtesy of Azshara wielding the Trident of the Tides.

-Whatever mysteries the Veiled/Forbidding Sea hold

-A subterranean expansion, possibly linking to whatever is under Tirisfal Glades

-The Emerald Dream including N'Zoth and the Nightmare

-The Moons of Azeroth: the White Lady and the Blue Child

-The Return of Sargeras

-The Titans, Old Gods, and their war in the Great Dark Beyond

-The Afterlife, including the Void
Edited by Abal on 1/6/2013 5:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Emerald dream xpac is horrible idea stop saying it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Next expansion seems to be hinted Burning Legion.

A couple ideas they mentioned in a interview was the Emerald Dream or a Time expansion or just other worlds in general.
01/06/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Alarielle

Everyone said similar things when any notion Pandaria could be an expansion was brought up.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
01/06/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Vicara
Everyone said similar things when any notion Pandaria could be an expansion was brought up.

Except that most of Pandaria's story wasn't handled in a book.

01/06/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Valthias
and it'll be the final expansion

I can guarantee that it will not be the last one.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Im guesing 95 is Azshara/Old Gods.
100 is Burning Legion/Sargeras. Final expac.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Most of the indications seem to be pointing towards the Burning Legion being next.

Wrathion wants to end the Horde/Alliance conflict quickly for the explicit purpose of ensuring that Azeroth still has enough strength left to take on the Burning Legion.

There are a few more subtle signs as well. For example the pet tamer in Felwood is preaching in demonic about the return of Sergeras.

01/06/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Alarielle

While I believe that the next expansion will be Legion-themed (unless Blizzard is giving us an enormous red herring), long term there is very little I would rule out completely.

Yes, the immediate threat of the Nightmare has been dealt with, but Blizzard has an established history of extrapolating. It's possible that when and if we finally go to the Emerald Dream the remains of the Nightmare will be a B plot, with a new threat (such as the Naga) becoming the primary antagonists.
Reply Quote
I hope the next expansions involve the Old Gods, Burning Legion, and the Titans.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Im guesing 95 is Azshara/Old Gods.
100 is Burning Legion/Sargeras. Final expac.[

They will keep WoW running until it can make no more money.

But I agree with your formula otherwise. Definitely Old Gods and Burning Legion stuff ahead. Although I doubt Sargeras, as I highly anticipate both WoW 2 and Warcraft 4.
Edited by Peldurath on 1/7/2013 5:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Pandaria is not my cup of tea. I'll be breaking till the next expansion.

Same.

What do you guys think it'll be? Is there anything official known about it?
95 level cap, or 100?

Likely 95 cap, as Blizzard will squeeze out as many expansions as they can for $$$.

I'm hoping the level cap will be 100, and it'll be the final expansion. Which mean's fighting the Burning Legion on their home world with Sargeras as the final boss. This would be amazing. BC was my favorite expansion and this would definitely have that feel to it. Actual WARcraft not some Panda loving mist zone.

There won't be a "final expansion" to WoW. Even defeating Sargeras would still leave the Alliance VS Horde war unresolved. Anyway, I highly suspect that Warcraft IV and WoW 2 will be possibilities, so Sargeras will likely not be defeated in WoW at all. Kil'jaeden is still around, we haven't even defeated him.

I agree with you though, I hate MoP's theme, feels nothing like Warcraft, aside from Operation: Shieldwall and the Dominance Offensive.

If Blizzard decides to do 2 more expansions, my guess is the next one, level cap 95, would be something revolving around the Old Gods and the Titans. Maybe some Time Traveling with the Caverns of Time?

That's a good idea, but they'll make as many expansions as they can.

I mean, how much do they have left to work with on Azeroth? The map is basically completely full, they'd have to make some other world. And I don't think they'll be redoing Azeroth again like they did for Cata.

Thoughts and opinions?

There can always be re-done zones. They can still update Northrend/Outland for content.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I can easily think of 5 more expansions with all the dangling plot threads they have already, and they can easily introduce more at any time.

The tea leaves are out there for the next expac being burning legion themed, probably going to Argus, finally killing some dreadlords for real, and ending it out with Kil'Jaeden in the flesh - and the forboding rebirth of Sargeras. He'll nurture in power for quite a few expansions before we encounter him again.

After that -

South Seas, Naga, Azshara, N'zoth, etc.

Corruption of Nozdormu, probably with the Emerald Dream threat tacked on, some Worgen plot advancement finally, Exodus of Bolvar and the Scourge to deep under Northrend to the Nerubian ruins or possibly to firelands if the druids need to be recalled

Reunification of the Aqir races (mantid, qiraji, nerubians) around an Old God, or several, return and trial of the Titans, Azeroth escaping reorganization with intervention of Elune and An'She and the ancients

The Sargerus conflict

That's some seven years worth of content right there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Well, I can't really see South Seas now that Pandaria is in the South Sea, instead of the other side of the planet like I some of us though when Mists was announced.

I could see them bringing back Kul Tiras in a Naga expansion, that'd be nice.
Reply Quote
I think we'll see more activity in Lordaeron, Stormgaurd perhaps coming into a more major role or Kul Tiras being pulled out again. Mists of Pandaria as the focus of the expansion was...pathetic. It's clear Blizzard is running out of ideas. What I see as the primary conflict is the Emerald Dream idea being revived.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Nah, this is what it will be, fighting the Burning Legion in another outlands like setting, and rise of the new LK, making the scourge a ally. possibly playable,
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Actual WARcraft not some Panda loving mist zone.

Aren't you paying attention? This expansion is all about war.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Azshara will once again use her power(s) to summon the Burning Legion.

There is enough prior lore to make Azshara a key player in the next xpac sometime, and still have it be Legion/Demon themed.
Reply Quote
Azhara ran off with Neptulon, his Trident of the Tides and a few kraken. She is also considered the most powerful mortal currently on Azeroth and has an army of Naga who are allied with Faceless Ones, which means if it is N'Zoth in the Rift then thats who shes allied with.

Kind of sucks Blizzard has hinted really really hard that the next expansion will involve the Burning Legion since we still have all this to deal with, not to mention tons of islands that are canon and haven't been put into the game yet. The Great Sea expansion will be my favorite expansion if they do it right personally... Vash'jir was amazing, I love underwater environments in games.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
We need to resolve the Azshara/Neptulon questline which hopefully will be it's own expansion to where we can go to Nazjatar.

Also next expansion is definitely about the Burning Legion. Velen is preparing Anduin to the lead the army of the light and Wrathion shows us an image of fireballs hitting Azeroth akin to infernals invading from the nether. The tamer in Felwood also speaks of the return of Sargeras as well as the satyr we free in Hyjal.

Would love to visit Argus where the main base of the legion is at and possibly even K'aresh and see the ethereal homeworld. We can even visit Xoroth and see wild dreadsteeds. We can possibly traverse these areas on the repaired Exodar flying us around space.
Edited by Fawnix on 2/3/2013 12:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
The next expansion will be the Burning Legion. It will introduce the Titans officially into the game. It will likely culminate in a fight against Sargeras and the destruction of the Burning Legion.

The final expansion will be focused on Old Gods. Likely each Old God will break free of their confinements and wreak havoc on Azeroth.
Edited by Dominating on 2/4/2013 10:32 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]