Next WoW Expansion?

100 Human Paladin
I think there will be at least two more expansions, with the last being the Burning Legion since they are the overarching villains. I really hope the next expansion has to do with the emerald dream, maybe as a different plane like the Outlands. it'll give all those portals like the one in Darkshire something to do. Also another hero class like the Warden would be neat. it would probably use mail and pole arms/ranged weapons (maybe depending on spec) in order to fill that gap in gear to class distribution.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As soon as the first raiding guild kills Sargeras WoW is over. All characters are deleted and all subscriptions are canceled.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Im guesing 95 is Azshara/Old Gods.100 is Burning Legion/Sargeras. Final expac.

This. Ton of Old Gods start running rampant through Azeroth and we kill them all. Then Sargeras comes at level 100, end of WoW, beginning of whatever Titan is, and Blizz makes more moneyz. Yay :3
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think that would be amazing if that happened, Valthias. I need to love and get pumped up for the story in the game again!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As soon as the first raiding guild kills Sargeras WoW is over. All characters are deleted and all subscriptions are canceled.

Lol!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Next expansion, like many others have said, is going to be Burning Legion. For sure. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been following MoP lore.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
03/09/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Øk
Im guesing 95 is Azshara/Old Gods.100 is Burning Legion/Sargeras. Final expac.

This. Ton of Old Gods start running rampant through Azeroth and we kill them all. Then Sargeras comes at level 100, end of WoW, beginning of whatever Titan is, and Blizz makes more moneyz. Yay :3

Why would you do the less-powerful villain before the most powerful villains in the game? Sargeras is a puny little baby compared to the combined power of the Old Gods.

The Old Gods are really the true villains of Warcraft lore.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
As much as I love Azeroth, I'd be kind of interested to see it destroyed and we build another home world somewhere else. We invade a Legion planet and stake our claim.
Reply Quote
76 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm guessing there will probley be a new expansion for some reason like they always have like something will like happen to the outland or something. my guess is that there will be a lot more expansions because it is possible they can go over 100 but they will more then likely stop (if they go over 100) at 200 because the designers aren't going to live for forever so again I'm guessing they will make atleast 2 more because for some reason the expansions for new levels are always changing sdo there is no real way of knowing exactly how many more there will be unless you are a designer of WOW and I don't think they will just be giving that info out.

That's my guess but I ain't the all mighty WOW player I'm just another player so its your choice to listen or not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I actually discussed this with some friends recently and I came up with an idea that none of them thought plausible but I think it would be very interesting.

Whether or not the next expansion is going to involve the Burning Legion, I've no clue and to be honest, anyone but the people working on it, won't have any idea either. What my idea is... when the Burning Legion -do- attack, it should be at the lowest point for everyone on Azeroth.

It's my assumption that by the end of MoP Garrosh wouldn't be in charge anymore. The Horde will be... fractured, at least in part. It would also fit how Garrosh is going along, that he's preparing to outright annihilate the Alliance and will probably do more damage before he's stopped. The Alliance (READ: JAINA) will want to take advantage of that and launch some counterattack.

It would be the perfect time for the Burning Legion to make their presence felt once again. Both sides are at weak points and I personally think that the people of Azeroth shouldn't be able to defeat the Burning Legion and Kil'Jaedan so easily. I believe that Azeroth and it's people should suffer a lot of damage, which I think is what Wrathion is alluding to. I doubt the questline with him will bring about complete safety of the world but it's a nice thought.

I for one, am not getting too attached to any lore figures or ideas of what the rest of the game holds because I think it's time Blizzard shook things up a little.

As an aside, a few mentioned that we should kill all the Old Gods and that'll be the end... The Titans didn't kill the Old Gods because all life, sentient life I assume, on the planet would die right along with them since everyone is cursed with flesh or some such. A friend once said he believed that the reason the Titans haven't interfered in any way is because Azeroth is sort of a... lab experiement. They want to see if we can figure out a way to kill an Old God and survive it because if we do, we could take on a Titan and we all know there's one out there just waiting....

And for anyone about to say "but we've killed a few Old Gods!"... No we haven't. We've pushed them back under ground. They're not dead.
Edited by Elldiselle on 3/31/2013 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
This seems like an appropriate place to leave this... Something i typed out during a discussion on the game with several friends. Some is wishlisting, others are an attempt to tie up loose ends, and some is just prediction.

WoW 6.0 -Name Pending
Levles 90-95
Start off slow. The world has been through alot. The war in Northrend, the devistation of the Cataclysm, the war between the Alliance and Horde and the unseating of Garrosh. Everyone needs time to cool off, rebuild, and tend to their own.
New Zones;
Whispering Forest; Half above ground, half below. The Reclaimers uncovered something here, and the Explorer's league rushed in after them to try to beat them to the punch. We all know theres something there, and finding it would involve digging. Who better to pit against eachother in (no-so) friendly competition than the Reclaimers and the League?
Kul'Tiras; The Alliance has re-discovered Kul'Tiras, determined to find out what happened to this lost kingdom of Humans. At the same time, the Trolls have stumbled upon the ruin strewen islands. Both sides seek to claim its resources while uncovering what happened to the once mighty naval power since the 3rd War.
South-Sea islands; Continueing with a nautical theme, the Goblins have determied to reclaim (or maybe just loot) the remains of Kezzan, while the Alliance is interested in the area to put an end to the Southsea pirates. Could even fit the devistated remains of Zandalar in here.
New Dungeons; 1 in Whispering Forest. 2 Kul Tiras, something with a Pirates of the Carribean or Davy-Jones feel. Maybe an Island of Doctor whats-his-name thing with mutant man-beasts. Raid on the Southsea capital-fleet. Something to do with Maeve, maybe Jarod and Shandris go to track her down, put her on Azuremist for the sole sake of getting the Draenei involved some.
New raids Some terrible thing under the Whispering Woods(Old God or Demon related most likey) and Undermine, now inhabited by Toggs.
6.1 - The Naga start using the powers of their captive, Neptulon, to cause trouble. The Alliance and the Horde return to the Throne of the Tides to free Neptulon from the Naga. Elementalsa dn sea-creatures abound, with a few Naga.
6.2 - Having had enough of the Naga, the Alliance and Horde launch an attack on Zin'Azhari, culminating in the death of Azhara and discovering her to be N'zoth's newest 'Champion'. Naga galore! Maybe a Murloc rebellion for some added sillyness.
6.3 - Descending below the Maelstrom into N'zoth's prison to confront him. Lots of Faceless and other Old-God related baddies here.

WoW 7.0 Legion
95-100
This expansion would be all about the Legion, tieing them into the Titan storylines touched on in pretty much every other expansion. Starts with the Naaru and Draenei, working with the Earthen Ring, 'recovering' other shards of Draenor, while the Alliance and Horde move in to pacify the new lands.
New zones;
3-5 new 'Islands' in outland, one controeld by Aarakoa, one by Gron and Ogres, maybe one by Through The Dark Portal orcs who still think the war is going on, etc. The 99-100 zone, on the other hand, is controled by strange atificial creatures, and completing the zone story leads you to encounter Aggramar, sent to Azeroth to investigate Elegon's lack of contact, but disctraced by the destroyed Draenor (its really, REALLY hard to blow up a planet, guys).
New Dungeons and Raids built around the rulers of the various islands, with maybe the last Raid being where you encounter Aggramar proper, possibly fighting him before convincing him of your noble purpose.
7.1; The Legion re-invades Outland, planning to use it as a launching platform for another invasion of Azeroth, and hoping to take Aggramar down in the process. Together with the Titan, the Legion is beaten off, Mal'Ganis dies in the process (Raid Boss)
7.2; Aggramar summons the other Titans, resolved to take the fight to the Legion, and with the Horde and Alliance helping, invades Argus. Kil'Jaedan is killed (Raid boss) as well as many other Legion leaders.
7.3; The Pantheon arrives, and together they open a gateway into the Twisiting Nether and assault the stronghold of the Legion. Final raid pits the PC's against Sargeras' personal atendants, and finally the Dark Titan, to end the threat of the Burning Legion.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
This might sound crazy or stupid to some and i'm sure i'll get ripped for it. But i'd like to see Vol'jin break away from the horde and start a third faction to battle both the Horde and the Alliance. this new faction would except any race from both the Horde and the Alliance. maybe add another race. but who knows what blizz will do.
Edited by Bullwiser on 4/1/2013 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Im guesing 95 is Azshara/Old Gods.
100 is Burning Legion/Sargeras. Final expac.

Final expansion at level 100? Blizzard will keep making expansions as long as people keep playing WoW.
Reply Quote
If you truly think that this xpac is a "panda-loving mist zone," then you haven't been paying attention. This expansion has been about horde/alliance conflict, the scheming of a black dragon, and the creations of the Old Gods and Titans alike coexisting on a hidden island for ten thousand years.

Also, I'd be very surprised if Sargeras was the last boss of WoW. He's either a good guy or is just a tool of the Old Gods. Either way, I'm hoping he'll help defend us from the Titans when they finally figure out what's going on down here.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Priest
I really don't want to see the end of WoW, ever. I love the story, I love the characters.
I'm another voice for the Twisting Nether gang. I would LOVE to see more there. And I would love to see more done on Argus. Maybe some more lore into Draeneis, where they might point out that they were not always a pristine people, that when they conquered worlds, they, too, were corrupt.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I agree with most people here in that the next expansion pack will focus around the Burning Legion. Whether it has Kil'jaeden or Sargeras himself I'm not sure.

As for Blizzard ending WoW, I don't think that will be anytime soon. Like others have said there are lots of story options and they can always just -make- a new villain/faction/race and new lore to support it. Not to mention it makes them a killing and at the end of the day, Blizzard is a business. I think as long as WoW rakes in the dough, it will keep going.
Edited by Vinceros on 4/9/2013 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This might sound crazy or stupid to some and i'm sure i'll get ripped for it. But i'd like to see Vol'jin break away from the horde and start a third faction to battle both the Horde and the Alliance. this new faction would except any race from both the Horde and the Alliance. maybe add another race. but who knows what blizz will do.

I love this idea.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
I think there will be two more expansions because when cataclysm came out the level cap was raised by 5 and I heard they did this because they want more end game content for players so I believe there will be two more expansions after mists of pandaria because level 100 is the highest level in the game I think and also I think we will be going to another continent maybe not in azeroth because there is so many places to go to already and pandaria is cool and stuff maybe they will try something new and have a new continent right next to outlands which might be Argus they say it the place has to do with the drenie or something and that we would learn more about them and the level would be raised from 90-95 and also there would be a new portal because you want to get there somehow because it is also another continent near the outlands and also in the last expansion which is probably Emerald Dream the level will be raised from 95-100 and basically you go back in time in azeroth before the sundering and go to a land untouched by mortals and we will probably fight the burning legion in the next expansion and the emerald dream i'm not sure maybe it will be something new something we probably never faced before nothing like Deathwing this will be something much stronger much more powerful then deathwing a titan old god maybe? so it would basically be both and it would be a titan but this titan is basically one of the bad titans that created bad stuff to the world but also is an old god and maybe even a demon and that if we stop him none of the stuff that happened in Azeroth will happen again because we are going back in time to fix the future!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]