PvP Pet macros

90 Human Hunter
Looking for a way to create 2 macros that encompass 2 pets. I frequently swap between a Shale Spider and a Crane depending on comp we're facing but have since stabled one of them due to this issue. I'm looking for 2 macros, 1 I need to be able to cast either Web Wrap or Lullaby on my mouseover prioritized, and current target if no Mouseover. The second macro I need to be able to use either ability on my focus target.

I've tried these 2, but they appear to be unreliable for the 2nd line ability so I must be doing something wrong.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, harm][harm][pet:crane] Lullaby
/cast [@mouseover, harm][harm][pet:shale spider] Web Wrap

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus][pet:crane] Lullaby
/cast [@focus][pet:shale spider] Web Wrap

Lullaby works with both of these. If I reverse them and put the Web Wrap first, it will work and Lullaby will not. If anyone knows a way to create these 2 macros without having to create 4 (1 for each ability) it would be much appreciated because I'm approaching 80+ keybinds and I'm running out of macro space. Thanks.
Edited by Rawrzy on 1/7/2013 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Looking for a way to create 2 macros that encompass 2 pets. I frequently swap between a Shale Spider and a Crane depending on comp we're facing but have since stabled one of them due to this issue. I'm looking for 2 macros, 1 I need to be able to cast either Web Wrap or Lullaby on my mouseover prioritized, and current target if no Mouseover. The second macro I need to be able to use either ability on my focus target.

I've tried these 2, but they appear to be unreliable for the 2nd line ability so I must be doing something wrong.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, harm][harm][pet:crane] Lullaby
/cast [@mouseover, harm][harm][pet:shale spider] Web Wrap

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus][pet:crane] Lullaby
/cast [@focus][pet:shale spider] Web Wrap

Lullaby works with both of these. If I reverse them and put the Web Wrap first, it will work and Lullaby will not. If anyone knows a way to create these 2 macros without having to create 4 (1 for each ability) it would be much appreciated because I'm approaching 80+ keybinds and I'm running out of macro space. Thanks.

[same,brackets] = AND The brackets return true if everything within them returns true.
[separate][brackets] = OR/ELSE The first set of brackets to return true is the one it acts on.

If you want a specific spell to work with a specific pet, then you need the pet:XXXX condition in ALL the brackets for that spell.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,nodead,harm,pet:crane][pet:crane]Lullaby; [@mouseover, harm,nodead][] Web Wrap

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus,pet:crane] Lullaby; [@focus] Web Wrap
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
You left the shale spider out of those macros, so should those work if I copy and paste or were you just giving me loose examples and the end result would be something like the following??

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,nodead,harm,pet:crane][pet:crane]Lullaby; [@mouseover,nodead,harm,pet:shale spider][pet:shale spider] Web Wrap

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus,pet:crane] Lullaby; [@focus,pet:shale spider] Web Wrap
Reply Quote
You left the shale spider out of those macros, so should those work if I copy and paste or were you just giving me loose examples and the end result would be something like the following??

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,nodead,harm,pet:crane][pet:crane]Lullaby; [@mouseover,nodead,harm,pet:shale spider][pet:shale spider] Web Wrap

#showtooltip

If the only two pets you are using with the macro are the crane and the shale spider, then why do you need the spider condition...

It's implied when the crane condition fails. Unless you plan to add other pet abilities to the same macro, there's no need to check for the spider pet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

#showtooltip

#showtooltip

If the only two pets you are using with the macro are the crane and the shale spider, then why do you need the spider condition...

It's implied when the crane condition fails. Unless you plan to add other pet abilities to the same macro, there's no need to check for the spider pet.

I actually had to re-read your original post after looking at the macro's to understand what you meant here. If I was to add another pet, say like Monkey + Bad manner, would I add a check for the spider, and then no condition for the monkey, or have to add a condition for all 3 pets now?

Also testing this out now and it works awesome and it's made my play a lot easier as you can tell I don't exactly have a firm grasp on macros. Thank you very much for the speedy and informative replies.

EDIT: Also looking through your post history I came across a website you recommended to another player (http://www.macroexplain.com/) and it appears that adding a condition for the shale spider and no condition for the monkey would work as follows.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,nodead,harm,pet:crane][pet:crane]Lullaby;[@mouseover,harm,nodead][pet:shale spider]Web Wrap;[@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Bad Manner

EDIT#2: So playing with it even more I seem to be able to create a macro with your explanation that allows me to encorporate all of my pets, including allowing me to Ready Room buff with all of my buff pets in the starting zone of arena at the click of 1 button as I ended this whole ordeal with this macro and it appears to work so far.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,nodead,harm,pet:crane][pet:crane]Lullaby;[@mouseover,harm,nodead][pet:shale spider]Web Wrap;[@mouseover,harm,nodead][pet:monkey]Bad Manner;[pet:quilen]Fearless Roar;[pet:hyena]Cackling Howl;[]Spirit Beast Blessing

So thank you very much once again.
Edited by Rawrzy on 1/7/2013 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

I actually had to re-read your original post after looking at the macro's to understand what you meant here. If I was to add another pet, say like Monkey + Bad manner, would I add a check for the spider, and then no condition for the monkey, or have to add a condition for all 3 pets now?

Also testing this out now and it works awesome and it's made my play a lot easier as you can tell I don't exactly have a firm grasp on macros. Thank you very much for the speedy and informative replies.

EDIT: Also looking through your post history I came across a website you recommended to another player (http://www.macroexplain.com/) and it appears that adding a condition for the shale spider and no condition for the monkey would work as follows.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,nodead,harm,pet:crane][pet:crane]Lullaby;[@mouseover,harm,nodead][pet:shale spider]Web Wrap;[@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Bad Manner

EDIT#2: So playing with it even more I seem to be able to create a macro with your explanation that allows me to encorporate all of my pets, including allowing me to Ready Room buff with all of my buff pets in the starting zone of arena at the click of 1 button as I ended this whole ordeal with this macro and it appears to work so far.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,nodead,harm,pet:crane][pet:crane]Lullaby;[@mouseover,harm,nodead][pet:shale spider]Web Wrap;[@mouseover,harm,nodead][pet:monkey]Bad Manner;[pet:quilen]Fearless Roar;[pet:hyena]Cackling Howl;[]Spirit Beast Blessing

So thank you very much once again.

Impressive.

But you forgot your pet condition in your shale spider and monkey mouseovers. ;) You'd put them into the correct mouseover brackets just like with the crane one.
Reply Quote
Wonderful thread you two. I was going to work on t his tonight and now I don't have to!

Thanks much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]