Fire Mage Insane One Shot Macro

90 Orc Mage
Hey! Blazing here with more tips on mage play. Here im going to tell you how to do 6 chained pyroblasts with Deep freeze / CS lock out.

PLEASE NOTE: Once the macro is over you will have a Presence of Mind / Pyroblast proc so you have to manually double Pyroblast the last two / three with a inferno blast after 5th for another. Also note that if you take combustion out of macro you can spam another Pyroblast if your good.

Steep 1. Make sure your speced into Deep Freeze // Presence of mind
Steep 2. Do a double Inferno blast for Pyro proc (living bomb in between)
Steep 3. Frost nova // Dragon breath Ring of frost and deep freeze
Steep 4 Spam macro

Macro:
#showtooltip alter time
/cancelaura ice block
/use Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
/cast presence of mind
/castsequence reset=15 alter time, pyroblast, pyroblast, combustion, pyroblast, alter time, pyroblast

Then manually 2-3 Pyros
This can be used once every 1.5 minutes and is a blast doing it!
Edited by Blazing on 1/8/2013 2:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Cool macro.

Have absolutely no respect for anyone who win trades though, you ruin competition and steal titles from people trying to earn in.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
Sorry i lead my own RBGs and play with most glads / r1s please care to watch!
www.twitch.tv/blackrat5521
Edited by Blazing on 1/8/2013 2:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Good to see, was just checking. Haven't q'd into you before.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

Have absolutely no respect for anyone who win trades though, you ruin competition and steal titles from people trying to earn in.

Talk about flying off the handle with assumptions and good ol' fashion "hate".
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gUYP4QD8EI
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
This can be found here as well as an additional macro. Droon is on the EU but I would encourage any fire mage to check out his videos. They are very good and informative. I would suggest anyone out there interested in playing fire to watch his videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlB7PoPE0uY&list=UUjOMeXdrkUIr3Gr9l5AMoPA&index=12
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Mmm this sure does make fire a fun choice to play when im bored with frost XD!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
When setting up for a Pyro via double Inferno Blast, I'm assuming that the 8-seconds in between is used to Poly, spell-steal and counter-spell?

And while the pyro-chain is on CD, do you ever revert to casting Scorch?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
As Heating Up has a 10sec duration, and Inferno Blast on an 8-sec CD, thus giving a 2-second window of opportunity .. how often do you run into situations where you're CC'd before a second Inferno Blast can be cast to proc Pyro?

It makes the 10-second refresh time of Arcane Charges seem like an eternity in comparison lol

I suppose this is where the real skill of the Fire Mage comes into play, yeh?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Dactylion,

This is indeed the skill of a fire mage. You can spam scorch I guess, but there is no need to from my experience. If you get interrupted then, its pretty much a situation where you will lose your heating up. So it's best to wait inferno blasts. Also, who CCs the mage? Lol. Everybody trains us anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Better hope their trinket is down!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Dactylion,

This is indeed the skill of a fire mage. You can spam scorch I guess, but there is no need to from my experience. If you get interrupted then, its pretty much a situation where you will lose your heating up. So it's best to wait inferno blasts. Also, who CCs the mage? Lol. Everybody trains us anyway.

Ironically this makes Fire more of a support 'n burst spec then Arcane .. and yet Arc can deal higher sustained damage due to Mastery affecting the Bomb damage, and Arc Missiles at 4-stacks can be cast for more damage outside of a deep then anything in Fire's arsenal lol
Edited by Dactylion on 9/4/2013 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Honestly, what holds Arcane back isn't dmg or mobility.

It has fewer CC choices than Fire or Frost.

Frost can FoF DF, CS, Poly at will -- and has access to RoF.
Fire has CS, Poly, Combustion, and Dragon's Breath -- plus access to RoF/Frostjaw.
Arcane just has CS and Poly. -- and is fairly married to Frostjaw.

The problem for Arcane becomes PoM Poly is a better CC than PoM Frostjaw/DF (and this is also using 2 CCs).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
What do you mean by 'access to RoF'? All specs have access to all three Talents, so I'm not really sure where you're coming from here.

Fire and Frost might have more control via their CCs, but the trade off is their nuke damage.

PoM+Poly vs Frostjaw is situational. If a player is on 150k health and I can one-shot em with a 4-stack Barrage into a shatter, then Frostjaw would be a much better option then poly ;)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
If a player is on 150k health and I can one-shot em with a 4-stack Barrage into a shatter

if a player is 150k health i can 1 shot them with a 0 stack lava burst without a shatter set up.

or a boomkin can just starsurge

an enh can stormblast or elemental blast

i'd be willing to bet a ret could hit that high with the right procs up.
Reply Quote
At least Arcane has good ole Spellsteal spam! :3
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
09/04/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
If a player is on 150k health and I can one-shot em with a 4-stack Barrage into a shatter

if a player is 150k health i can 1 shot them with a 0 stack lava burst without a shatter set up.

or a boomkin can just starsurge

an enh can stormblast or elemental blast

i'd be willing to bet a ret could hit that high with the right procs up.

Grief.

You know.. I could lurk on the Warrior forums and say the same thing about Mage bursts while they discuss the particulars of Execute and the differences between Fury and Arms.

Though I wouldn't because it comes across as pointless spam .. perhaps even trolling .. and I have enough sense to not annoy others.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
my point is that 150k arcane barrage is alot of set up for as much reward as other classes have with no set up .
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
my point is that 150k arcane barrage is alot of set up for as much reward as other classes have with no set up .

And my point is that everything you said has no relevance to the subject at hand.

If you re-read the earlier posts, it's clear that we're discussing PoM+Poly vs PoM+Frostjaw .. not bursts .. or even bursts of mages vs other classes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]