Making gold with Alch; is trans spec needed?

90 Blood Elf Priest
Hello prof forums; a few weeks ago I maxed out alchemy and decided to go elixir spec, and though I've been making some money, many times flasks on my server have been selling for less than the GL's + mats needed to make them. In total this expansion, I've probably made about 35k. Before opting out of elixir mastery, I wanted to ask, is focusing on transmutes the best way to make gold with alchemy? The results I've had have been okay, but not very stellar. Should I be using my GL's on elixirs or transmutes?

I'm also leveling a JC/Miner.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I have both and I earn a great deal more gold with my transmutes than I do with my elixir. Elixir is mostly to support my raiding and for general utility. I had a five proc of Living Steel last night and that made me smile but as a JC, procs on any of my multipe combines is a nice bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/08/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Higeki
I have both and I earn a great deal more gold with my transmutes than I do with my elixir. Elixir is mostly to support my raiding and for general utility. I had a five proc of Living Steel last night and that made me smile but as a JC, procs on any of my multipe combines is a nice bonus.
Ah thanks, that's very helpful :)

Didn't think anyone would respond for awhile there >.>

So I'll respec into transmutes and use my GL's on xmutes now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Depending on your server, Transmutes spec is very lucrative when it pops.

Here is what I do:

Buy green JC gems, Golden Lotus easy to plot on your farm (Golden lotus sells for like 40g on my server so not worth selling)... Transmute Primal Diamond

And Living Steel (If you farm your own ghost iron ore, this is big money)

on my server Living Steel and Primal Diamond cost about 450g each so you can make close to 1K or more per day just from AH.

A couple times i popped Living x 4... instant 1.8k Gold :)

Elixir spec is only better if you have high demand and unfortunately the market is becoming too saturated with the increase rate of Golden Lotus from farms.
Edited by Cookieitch on 1/10/2013 6:00 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]