I need some help

I wanted to know what is a good profession that I can level up while leveling my char and if you know of a good free wow leveling guide plz leave a comment about it too.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
When leveling your character, you should do two gathering professions. When you reach max level, drop them and level two crafting professions with the money you made from gathering.

I like the guides on wow-professions.com.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I second Icpitl's comments, wow-professions.com and level with mining / herbalism. You get experience while gathering, you simply sell everything on the AH through a bank alt so you don't waste time learning the AH, and you don't sink any of your gold into making items you can't use.

But if you are dead set on a gathering / crafting profession pair, you are likely best off with herbalism and alchemy. It is the easiest and cheapest crafting profession to level, plus you might be able to benefit from the potions and elixirs you make while leveling.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
01/10/2013 05:24 AMPosted by Paraus
I wanted to know what is a good profession that I can level up while leveling my char and if you know of a good free wow leveling guide plz leave a comment about it too.

http://wow-pro.com/ get this addon for leveling. its free

tomtom addon to go with wow pro<will give you an arrow to look at to show you where to go
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
http://wow-pro.com/1-80_leveling_guides
Reply Quote
Thx for the help
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If you're not into min/maxing your toon (and if you're not at the cutting edge of progression, why would you be?), I don't feel there's a need to drop *both* farming professions. It's nice to be able to continually craft items without having to purchase materials and/or to continue to sell raw materials you've farmed. Selling farmed materials can bring you a hefty bit of gold depending on what you're farming and how high prices are on your server. For instance, Fel Iron, Adamantite, and certain leathers sell for a TON on my server.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
That's kind of true, I guess. Having two crafting professions is good for people who are into high-end raiding, and people who just enjoy crafting professions. I have engineering and inscription because they're the most fun for me, but at one point I really enjoyed gathering for its simplicity.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Gathering is great while leveling but at max level you have to factor in opportunity cost. The cost of herbs or ore and what you can sell them for vs. finished goods is always a concern. If you can sell the gathered materials for more than the finished items you should be selling ore and herbs. If you can sell the crafted item for more than you spend purchasing the materials you should buy the materials and save the time.

There are no wow millionaires who gather all of their own materials, nor wow millionaires who simply gather.

If however, you're just using your professions for fun or to play the endgame more efficiently and want to have a gathering profession because you enjoy it, that's perfectly fine.
Reply Quote
Uh thx for the suggestions guys; I was mostly asking for my prot war because I was wondering about that but I found out that since he's level 60 I'll just sell cloths as I go in the ah since in, Moonguard, cloth sells reallly fast( no I'm not an erper just to clarify)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]