Holy Priest, Disc Priest, Resto Druid Comp?

90 Draenei Shaman
Just curious if this is actually viable for the 3 heal fights? (10 man of course)
Looking to add some transfer to my raiding guild but unsure how this comp would work as we would be adding a Disc Priest and I would be switching from Resto to Ele.
Edited by Wartornshami on 1/13/2013 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Disc and Resto Druids synergize very well. It would probably work out fine for normal encounters. For Heroic encounters, it just depends on the strats you're using really.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
You have a good arsenal of raid cooldowns with that set up, should hold upf ine.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think it would be better to use druid, disc and shaman. The druid will love that Mana Tide Totem.

That said there's no reason druid, holy and disc can't get the job done.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I think it would be better to use druid, disc and shaman. The druid will love that Mana Tide Totem.

That said there's no reason druid, holy and disc can't get the job done.

Yeah I would prefer that but the group of people I'm interested in ended up adding a disc priest to their package so if I want to pull them into my core I will have to figure out how to work in the disc priest so this was the only thought I had on it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Adding a disc priest is always a good idea.

The only annoying thing about holy + disc priest in the same raid is prayer of mending overwriting. (Hey blizz, give prayer of mendings from different priests their own buff slots please.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Adding a disc priest is always a good idea.

The only annoying thing about holy + disc priest in the same raid is prayer of mending overwriting. (Hey blizz, give prayer of mendings from different priests their own buff slots please.)

That takes away my fun. I always overwrite holy priest PoMs in lfr. It's fun playing whack a mole with it and watching them ask in raid if it's a bug.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
^ lawl. Cant say I have seen anyone do it on purpose.

I dont think it really matters though. They still heal fairly well together. Disc doesnt ysually PoM as much. And not nearly as annoying as earth shields probably. Anyways, the comp will work, its not the best, but thats not a big deal really itll still work, especially with the nice CDs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I dont think it really matters though. They still heal fairly well together. Disc doesnt ysually PoM as much. And not nearly as annoying as earth shields probably. Anyways, the comp will work, its not the best, but thats not a big deal really itll still work, especially with the nice CDs.

Uh, we don't? Since when?

If PoM isn't on CD, I'm doing it wrong...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
Doesn't matter unless bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/13/2013 09:49 PMPosted by Sensations
Doesn't matter unless bad.

Stop looking at me with your fancy glasses. >:|
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Outside of 2x Discipline, I don't think there is a possible unviable healer combination in 10s. Even 2x Discipline would probably have enough pros to outweigh the cons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/13/2013 11:32 PMPosted by Radial
Outside of 2x Discipline, I don't think there is a possible unviable healer combination in 10s. Even 2x Discipline would probably have enough pros to outweigh the cons.

Double spirit shell all the way across the sky!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Literally any combination of 3 healers is viable. The 3 cautions are:

Disc/Disc/Disc might feel a bit awkward and cramped;
Pally/Pally/Pally will struggle with spread healing and the fact that all their CDs are weak and/or situational;
Monk/Monk/Monk will have a lack of controlled, directed healing.

Absolutely any other combination of 3 healers will work without any issues at all. And triple-Disc would probably be awesome from an outside perspective - it's just irritating for the priests. Even triple-monk or triple-paladin would be adequate for clearing normals, although I will admit that all-paladin on e.g. Garalon would probably make your healers want to shoot themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I love healing garalon with EF PvP 4piece.. constant hot that factors mastery vs constant aoe damage?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Pally/Pally/Pally will struggle with spread healing and the fact that all their CDs are weak and/or situational;

Absolutely any other combination of 3 healers will work without any issues at all. And triple-Disc would probably be awesome from an outside perspective - it's just irritating for the priests. Even triple-monk or triple-paladin would be adequate for clearing normals, although I will admit that all-paladin on e.g. Garalon would probably make your healers want to shoot themselves.

I could see triple paladin on Heroic Garalon being pretty strong if they have the 4pc pvp set and are rolling those big Eternal Flames. Might be kind of overpowered, it kicks out a ton of hps on that fight. If you have too many EFs rolling, one could do SS and LoDs.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Maybe my impression of paladin-healing the fight is coloured by the fact that I'm healing with two priests, one of whom is disc. And I'm kiting pheromones. But so is the disc priest. In any case, priests completely pwnerate me and my set bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Uh, we don't? Since when?

If PoM isn't on CD, I'm doing it wrong...

I think it's the "Disc doesn't need to use it as much with a Holy Priest around." At least that's what I'm going to hope it meant. When I'm healing with a Holy Priest, I tend to use it less since they've got the beefed up one. I usually aim it as a DPS so Holy can hit the tank with it.

The comp is fine, but your Disc really needs to understand how to best synergize with HoTs. They can easily snipe all the healing causing Renew, Echoes of Light, and Rejuv to be wasted overhealing. I use Spirit Shell after damage has occurred and call it out so my Druid / Holy Priest knows that the HoTs can tick away. My Shell will take the new damage. This really helps the other healers manage their mana.

Disc can also just focus on the tanks and let the other healer(s) handle the raid.

It's just when Disc is being really selfish and trying to top meters, they'll prevent all the damage. Your other two healers will be near full on mana and bored. The worst Disc will have the audacity to force the Druid to innervate them and the Holy Priest to Hymn for them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I use Spirit Shell after damage has occurred and call it out so my Druid / Holy Priest knows that the HoTs can tick away. My Shell will take the new damage. This really helps the other healers manage their mana.

Uh, what? The whole point of Disc of damage prevention, especially before huge bursts in raid damage.

But yes, that tri-healer comp should work well. The only thing that might be an issue is that both Priests will be going after the same cloth non-tier pieces.
Edited by Ceddya on 1/16/2013 2:00 PM PST
Reply Quote

Triple Disc would probably add a nice bit of dps to a fight too. Hooray for Atonement!

But yeah, I wouldn't say that any healing combo is unviable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]