Countdown queues are the problem

(Locked)

61 Gnome Rogue
OQueue is not the problem. The addon is actually a great tool that I'd like to see incorporated into the base Blizzard UI. Making a 5 man premade for random battlegrounds is perfectly acceptable. Making 10 man groups for rated battlegrounds is encouraged. The problem is that it's possible to take multiple 5 man premade groups into the same random battleground. This is an undocumented feature (bug) that has been around for a long time. It's time that it gets changed.
100 Orc Warrior
I think everything would be fine if they made premade battlegrounds that aren't RBG's. In my experience, RBG's are just full of people that rage and complain, and everyone is so uptight. When I'm doing battlegrounds I play for fun, not for ranking, not for T2. For FUN. Not DDOSing for wins, not trading wins, FUN. In my experience RBG's are just not fun. Solo queues are not fun when 12+ out of the 20 people in the BG are bots.
90 Undead Mage
It's not a bug, it's creative thinking.
90 Goblin Hunter
This is an undocumented feature (bug) that has been around for a long time. It's time that it gets changed.

Clearly you haven't been using Oqueue for very long, it was the original Feature. It was the addon at day one, till Blizz broke it. The addon does nothing against Blizz's ToS at this point.
90 Human Rogue
This is an undocumented feature (bug) that has been around for a long time. It's time that it gets changed.

I'd say exploit more than bug.
61 Gnome Rogue
The problem lies with the game's matchmaking system. OQueue is simply a tool used to exploit that flaw. I propose that the game should not allow more than one group queue into each side of a battleground (10 or 15 man maps) and instead fill the remaining slots with people who queue solo.
90 Goblin Hunter
Alliance seem pretty upset about oQ. I'm satisfied.
60 Human Death Knight
01/14/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Kiaransali
It's not a bug, it's creative thinking.

Well in that regard so is tax evasion.
90 Worgen Mage
01/14/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Squeak
OQueue is not the problem. The addon is actually a great tool that I'd like to see incorporated into the base Blizzard UI. Making a 5 man premade for random battlegrounds is perfectly acceptable. Making 10 man groups for rated battlegrounds is encouraged. The problem is that it's possible to take multiple 5 man premade groups into the same random battleground. This is an undocumented feature (bug) that has been around for a long time. It's time that it gets changed.

That's a very good point. Previously I was focusing on my rant against OQueue, when really it is yet another rather simple solution which Blizzard can implement.. along with balancing teams based on ilevel and class so that one side doesn't have 6 healers while the other side have a bunch of DPS in Greens :-\

Oh and fixing the bot issue as well.
Edited by Dactylion on 1/15/2013 3:13 AM PST
60 Human Death Knight
01/15/2013 03:22 AMPosted by Aurellian
at $22 million for the first quarter - bottom line impact is immense.

There's a blue post floating around that claims botting actually costs them more revenue than it makes them.

edit- I thought it was typical total PR bullcrap when i read it... but just saying, it IS floating around.
Edited by Warglaive on 1/15/2013 3:32 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/15/2013 04:26 AMPosted by Zephinism
I'd say countdown queues are the solution to Blizzards inability to ban botters.

So true :)
100 Night Elf Priest
I'm an oQueue supporter, and I agree that if the goal is to stop premades, countdown queues are the problem.

There is nothing wrong with oQ. It is a tool to find others to play with. Many of us wouldn't have any other way to find an RBG or even to join a 5-man group to do randoms with. It creates community where there is none.

I regularly do 40-man premades that do not use oQueue. They use nothing but a countdown and ventrilo, with none of the players being physically grouped. However, in 2 months of using oQueue, I've not yet done a BG with more than 5 players using it other than Rateds. In fact, on Alliance I very rarely see these groups even running or trying to form.

If Blizzard wants to “fix” premades, they need to look at their matching system. There would need to be more to how players are grouped than simply “when you queue”. If they group based on gear, spec, battlegroup, or even intoduce an artificial queue-time offset it would help to 'break' premades.

The problem is not oQueue. Its not a problem that needs to be fixed. If premades are a problem, the matchmaking system is the culprit.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The problem to WHAT exactly?

The players themselves never want to take personal accountability for a lousy experience in an MMO.

I ran an OQueue rbg the other day, we got into an EOTS and were doing quite well, while our node was getting zerged we needed most of our team there and this one ret pally we had ( he should have been thankful we took him as ret) was running in circles in the middle....while I was holding the flag not capping.

We were told, all to FR everyone now FR!!! And this one guy literally looked at MT, ran to Mid, ran in circles, ran to DR ...back to BET and by that time we lost FR.

So after we lost the match, the very same ret left group and made his own OQueue group immediately after.

Its players like that , that flat our refuse to listen to instructions when in a group, that do their own thing and expect the exact same rewards that other people earned on their own merit that are the problem. Not Oqueue, not counting down queue.
100 Night Elf Priest
The problem to WHAT exactly?

The players themselves never want to take personal accountability for a lousy experience in an MMO.

I ran an OQueue rbg the other day, we got into an EOTS and were doing quite well, while our node was getting zerged we needed most of our team there and this one ret pally we had ( he should have been thankful we took him as ret) was running in circles in the middle....while I was holding the flag not capping.

We were told, all to FR everyone now FR!!! And this one guy literally looked at MT, ran to Mid, ran in circles, ran to DR ...back to BET and by that time we lost FR.

So after we lost the match, the very same ret left group and made his own OQueue group immediately after.

Its players like that , that flat our refuse to listen to instructions when in a group, that do their own thing and expect the exact same rewards that other people earned on their own merit that are the problem. Not Oqueue, not counting down queue.

Eh, you can get a problem player anywhere. It could be a guildy with no common sense. It could be someone you pull from trade chat, or someone you pull from oQueue.

The solution is always the same. Either work out the issue with that player, or replace them.

You can build your group from just your guild, but you expand your options looking across your server. You can build your group from your server, but you can expand your options looking across all servers with oQueue.
100 Gnome Mage
believe WoW is at about 10 million subscribers right now? (correct if wrong)

That's roughly 500000 accounts permanently banned by Blizzard. Financial impact for one quarter at 14.95 per month: $22,425,000.00

You got that kind of pocket change around? This is why bots will not be fixed. at $22 million for the first quarter - bottom line impact is immense.

Impressive except for one thing.

Blizzard and the mvp wannabe's have been claiming for years that the majority of bots are from stolen accounts etc. They have posted that if we stopped one of them they would just break out another bot etc.

Do i believe that the majority of bots are from stolen accounts ? not even a little bit but blizzard has posted numerous times that they are stolen accounts so let's go with that.

If the majority of bots are from stolen accounts how would banning them until the real owner regains control of the account impact blizzards revenue ?
Edited by Devestation on 1/15/2013 11:20 PM PST
90 Goblin Death Knight
More tears to the forums!

I support all queues, even premade vs premade :)

Make some friends go five deep and you should be fine?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]