Countdown queues are the problem

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would really relish this environment that is being bandied about. It's where someone like me can have the fun of PvP without the bots - and - get good competition throughout.

It's why I suggested it.

I wonder what side of this argument people think I fall on sometimes...

edit: Argument is probably too strong of a word. Discussion. Yes.... Discussion. >.>
Edited by Idaelus on 1/17/2013 6:11 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Because if you're doing something for the fun of it, that should be enough. Why do you need extra incentive? Trust me, Esc has played devil's advocate on this because we were discussing it prior to me posting what I did, and I know that a lot of people apparently need extra rewards but if you need those extra rewards, you aren't doing it for the fun so you're fooling yourself and lying to people if you claim you are. I would do the premade vs premade for the same rewards I do a normal bg for because I already work my !@# off in every single bg I do, this would be no different.
90 Undead Mage
You're lying to yourself if you think you can get the guy in full upgraded dreadful with a PvP weapon to Q into premade v premade w / the same rewards as going pug stomping.

Me? I would love this and push all my PvP buddies to come with me for this. Yeah 50 CP is enough for me.

The average guy would not do these until he caps CP from pug stomping or 5 manning BG's and capping. Sad? maybe...True...absolutely.

No high horse from me I know this crowd.
60 Human Death Knight
01/17/2013 06:12 AMPosted by Cear
Because if you're doing something for the fun of it, that should be enough. Why do you need extra incentive?

Progression. Sadly the game is completely based on it. (Except most twink brackets, i must add.)

edit- they still NEED to partake in the somewhat mandatory gear progression. Right now it's the best of both worlds for anyone doing the "stomping". Every match that isnt a premade they should likely win through "unfair" advantage, gaining the same reward as any other normal queue match. With less chance of failure.

Take all that with a grain of salt, tho. Nothing applies to everyone.
Edited by Warglaive on 1/17/2013 6:26 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
You're lying to yourself if you think you can get the guy in full upgraded dreadful with a PvP weapon to Q into premade v premade w / the same rewards as going pug stomping.

Me? I would love this and push all my PvP buddies to come with me for this. Yeah 50 CP is enough for me.

The average guy would not do these until he caps CP from pug stomping or 5 manning BG's and capping. Sad? maybe...True...absolutely.

No high horse from me I know this crowd.

I know them well enough as well so this wouldn't be for those types of people, would it? I would love if they implemented this AND a queue shuffle at the same time so they can't say "lol eff this, let's go screw over randoms!" as a way to protest the lack of OMG EXTRA UBER CONQUEST. (Btw I love the fact that Warglaive pointed out this would be a nice way for teams to learn to work well together without worry of messing up win/loss ratios and rating, in the other thread obviously.)
60 Human Death Knight
That's because i'm a very open-minded individual and I care about what's best for everyone. Everyone.

=)
90 Undead Mage
oh boy...I need to shut up now.
90 Orc Warrior
01/17/2013 06:10 AMPosted by Idaelus
I would really relish this environment that is being bandied about. It's where someone like me can have the fun of PvP without the bots - and - get good competition throughout.

It's why I suggested it.

I wonder what side of this argument people think I fall on sometimes...

edit: Argument is probably too strong of a word. Discussion. Yes.... Discussion. >.>

I would love a type of "middle ground" where it's basically random battlegrounds for premades that are basically the same rewards as solo queuing. I don't like RBGs. Every one I've been in everyone is so uptight about winning or losing it's stupid. One loss and people get all pissy and start leaving. A fun, relaxed environment for pvp is sorely missed on my end.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/17/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Zeroizer
I would love a type of "middle ground" where it's basically random battlegrounds for premades that are basically the same rewards as solo queuing. I don't like RBGs. Every one I've been in everyone is so uptight about winning or losing it's stupid. One loss and people get all pissy and start leaving. A fun, relaxed environment for pvp is sorely missed on my end.

I've been pretty lucky on that front. We run RBGs (well, I will when I stop being lazy and finish leveling) as a guild, and we're laid back about it. We talk about why we lost, and try to fix it if we do. Pointing fingers doesn't happen too often.
90 Orc Warrior
01/17/2013 08:34 AMPosted by Idaelus

I've been pretty lucky on that front. We run RBGs (well, I will when I stop being lazy and finish leveling) as a guild, and we're laid back about it. We talk about why we lost, and try to fix it if we do. Pointing fingers doesn't happen too often.

Ya I'm on a small server and there's no pvp guilds that I know of. I know people say "HERDERP GO TO BIG PVP SERVER HERPDERP" but I don't like big servers. I'd rather be on a small server where I don't have to fly for 30 minutes to find one mining node or have trade chat be constantly scrolling. I have been on a major progression server before and am SO glad I left it. Thought, I'm not gonna lie, since getting oQ I have gotten a couple fun RBG groups. But that's the rarity so far imo. -shrug- I guess I just miss my pvp days in vanilla where you knew everyone, both on your team and the opposing teams.
90 Undead Mage
01/17/2013 05:39 AMPosted by Esclamayshun
It's insanely naive to think that players who are against full premades in randoms are against competition and teamwork
And yet the anti-premade crowd makes the baseless accusations that players that do premades are afraid of competition and couldn't win without a premade.

Why not take the subject line and analyze it down one step farther? *People* who run countdown queues are the problem
They aren't the crux of the issue, but you already knew that. I got tired of having bots, bads & players ignoring objectives surrounding me in damn near every pug so I took action (since Blizzard didn't). A lot of players feel the same way as I do. That's the issue I have with the anti-premade crowd... they absolutely refuse to acknowledge the reason the vast majority of players do premades & invent their own delusional reasons (like we can't win without a premade).
Edited by Kiaransali on 1/17/2013 4:33 PM PST
90 Undead Mage
Since when has another human ever admitted, willingly, to guilt or a flaw? lol
I lost in SSM last night & guess what I told my team... they outplayed us. I didn't make excuses, I admitted they were better (specifically they focused targets much better than we did). That is what is lacking in 90% of the players that post here... they never admit that they lost because they simply got outplayed.
60 Human Death Knight
01/17/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Kiaransali
90% of the players that post here

Keep tossing around that number as if it's accurate or actually means something. Very educated of you.

Say "most".

You cant (and arent) generally be more accurate than that. Always spouting "90%90%90%!!!" is sad.
90 Undead Mage
Keep tossing around that number as if it's accurate or actually means something. Very educated of you.

Say "most".

You cant (and arent) generally be more accurate than that. Always spouting "90%90%90%!!!" is sad.
Go count up the posts where someone blamed something other than themselves for failing. Then count up the number of posts where someone admitted they were at least partially to blame. 90% is a very conservative estimate. You just like to argue for the sake of arguing. Try some critical thinking and analysis... you will change your tune.
60 Human Death Knight
And clearly you havent counted up ANY of them yourself.

Yet you use that arbitrary number over and over and over in multiple discussions about multiple different variables when you truly have no idea whatsoever of the actual percentage. It does not lend any of the credibility you seem to think it does to your statements. In fact it does the oppsite. It makes you look stupid.

EVERYTHING with you is 90%. Whether it's 90% or it isnt.

Last time i mentioned it the actual percentage was ZERO. Shockingly you've learned nothing since then.
60 Human Death Knight
Can it be a quiet riot? 90% of the time I dont mind them at all.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]