Countdown queues are the problem

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
01/18/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Esclamayshun
There's no competition in that, and it just becomes ridiculous when the premade prolongs the game for sheer entertainment.

GY camping happens way more often in pugs, especially now because both sides are ALWAYS lopsided. That's in my experience though.
100 Undead Warrior
Exactly.

If people were truly in it "for the fun", they wouldn't join premades because they wouldn't care about winning. They wouldn't use hacks. They wouldn't win trade, or pay to be piloted or carried.

This whole argument that against Blizzard's stated opinion of more than 6 people in a premade is, I predict, going to wind up sounding like a lot of the twinks did when they said they wanted to fight equally geared/skilled people: "That's what we said, but that's not what we meant!"

what a crock. i rarely say it but, you have got to be trolling.
if not, then you, and that QFT below you, are, in as polite a
way as i can say it, dense. nothing you said here is factual.

Cheers.
Pleb.
91 Human Warlock
I random BG a decent amount, and can honestly say that the groups that GY camp are the ones filled with completely random, snot nosed whiney brats living off mommy and daddys money.

Those are the people who always suggest the GY camping 'strategy', and those are also the people that no one really wants to group with in the first place.

Roll the dice enough and you are going to get 6+ of them in your BG...... or... choose who you want to play with and avoid them all together :)
91 Human Warlock
01/18/2013 09:43 AMPosted by Raensong
If people were truly in it "for the fun", they wouldn't join premades because they wouldn't care about winning. They wouldn't use hacks. They wouldn't win trade, or pay to be piloted or carried.

I do everything in this game for fun. It is a game after all.

Do I enjoy winning more than losing? Sure. Who doesn't?
Would I rather play with good, real players instead of complete strangers or bots? Check.

Could somebody answer my two questions differently? Sure, they are entitled to their own opinion, but don't berate people for having a different definition of 'fun'.
88 Blood Elf Hunter
Exactly.

This whole argument that against Blizzard's stated opinion of more than 6 people in a premade is, I predict, going to wind up sounding like a lot of the twinks did when they said they wanted to fight equally geared/skilled people: "That's what we said, but that's not what we meant!"

what a crock. i rarely say it but, you have got to be trolling.
if not, then you, and that QFT below you, are, in as polite a
way as i can say it, dense. nothing you said here is factual.

Cheers.
Pleb.

Aww, diddums get his feefees hurt?

You're lying through your teeth about why you do premades, Pleb, and everyone knows it. Even you. Same with Elemeno. You keep dancing around it, both of you, but if you were really, truly, honest-to-god in it for the fun you claim, you wouldn't give a fart in a high wind about winning. You'd be just as happy slamming bots.

Both of you simper about quality of game play. No one's buying it, kids. Give it up and go play Call of Duty.
88 Blood Elf Hunter
01/18/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Piñata
No one's buying it, kids. Give it up and go play Call of Duty.

That's a great idea, actually. I'm not sure why such a great game is being slammed so hard all the time by folks here,

Because most of the suggestions I see, at least, seem to want to turn WoW into a FPS.
90 Undead Mage
01/18/2013 10:40 AMPosted by Scintillara
QFT please try to refute this one so I can laugh
I and others have explained countless times that everyone's idea of fun is different, so the "QFT" is not truth at all. It is at best a half-truth. None of what he said applies to my definition of fun, so it's wrong already.... and lots of players define fun the same way I do.

I do everything in this game for fun. It is a game after all.

Do I enjoy winning more than losing? Sure. Who doesn't?
Would I rather play with good, real players instead of complete strangers or bots? Check.

Could somebody answer my two questions differently? Sure, they are entitled to their own opinion, but don't berate people for having a different definition of 'fun'.
Well said.
Edited by Kiaransali on 1/18/2013 12:25 PM PST
91 Human Warlock
01/18/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Raensong
Same with Elemeno. You keep dancing around it, both of you, but if you were really, truly, honest-to-god in it for the fun you claim, you wouldn't give a fart in a high wind about winning. You'd be just as happy slamming bots.

I'm not going to resort to putting words in your mouth, so please refrain from doing the same to me.

We are taking about PvP in the largest MMO in the world. Of course I care about winning, and I feel great working with other people to achieve the same goal.

No, I don't enjoy slamming bots. Quite honestly the diodes and capacitors chafe my !@#$.
Edited by Elemeno on 1/18/2013 12:33 PM PST
88 Blood Elf Hunter

Compare it to something stupid and antiquated, like Doom.

Oh, god, Doom. I'm having addicted college dormmates flashbacks now.
100 Undead Warrior
You're lying through your teeth about why you do premades, Pleb, and everyone knows it. Even you. Same with Elemeno. You keep dancing around it, both of you, but if you were really, truly, honest-to-god in it for the fun you claim, you wouldn't give a fart in a high wind about winning. You'd be just as happy slamming bots.

Both of you simper about quality of game play. No one's buying it, kids. Give it up and go play Call of Duty.

you are quite comical.

i understand you're having a difficult time grasping
the situation and are flailing wildly trying to be a part
of the subject matter but you're doing nothing more
than providing madcap entertainment. quite comical.

Cheers.
Pleb.
88 Blood Elf Hunter

you are quite comical.

You are quite the idiot.

It's easy to take a chainsaw to your word salad. Pity more people don't.

Keep whining about the loss of your rolf-stomping premades, though. It's entertaining.
60 Human Death Knight
01/18/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Kiaransali
No !@#$ but certain anti-premade players say it describes all premade players.

And certain angry bitter people like to label "90%" of THOSE people in their own unfactual BITTER way.

You do the same thing they do. You just try to cover it up by leaving a pretend margin of error using "90%".
You mean 100% in their particular case. You MEAN ---> them. Just like you did with the arena ratings.

They say "all" you say "90%" - neither one is accurate and BOTH are simply excuses to call particulars bad.
Every time you ramble on about "excuses for failure" you are rambling on about yourself as well. Like them.

So ramble on, angry bitter guy. Or stop being such a bitter hypocrite and be CONSTRUCTIVE.

You have more capable tools than most. You're just too busy making everyone else pay for not being you.
90 Undead Mage
Warglaive stop with the angry crap... it is dangerously close to trolling. Pointing out what I see BG after BG doesn't make me bitter or angry... it makes me observant. As I have told you about 5 times now I have fun in BGs, so the angry nonsense is just your way of (attempting but failing) to turn the tables.

Every time you ramble on about "excuses for failure" you are rambling on about yourself as well. Like them.
lol you just like to argue, that's all this is. There is a huge difference between pointing out bad play vs using game mechanics as an excuse. Moreover I am not "excusing my failure" because I am not failing. Finally I admitted just yesterday in a thread that I lost a SSM match because we were outplayed. The difference between me & the whiners is that I admit when the better team won & they don't... they blame gear or the lack of healers or EMFH or premades or something, but it's never them.

01/18/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Warglaive
be CONSTRUCTIVE.
As discussed in another thread a lot of players won't listen to constructive criticism or helpful pointers. They lack self-awareness and think everything and everyone is at fault, not them. Thus I run with like-minded players as myself... players with both the will & the ability to succeed. Now if you will excuse me I am going to go find a 5 man premade.
Edited by Kiaransali on 1/18/2013 1:37 PM PST
60 Human Death Knight
01/18/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Theplebian
nothing you said here is factual.

Actually... the twink thing kind of was.

The vocal community did say they wanted twink-only games. The problem (much like here) is they didnt speak for the entire twink community and not everyone actually WANTED twink-only games. So when the queues were seperated, most brackts simply up and died. For all intents and purposes.

Due to not enough interest by the whole of the particular group.

In that respect its the same position here. VOCAL people are arguing their persective. Both sides.

They do not and CANNOT speak for everyone. Some people do want exactly what both sides offer.

Its the finger-pointing that's not really always accurate tho.

Some premades just want good games. Sure. That's fine.
Some just want fast honor for rolling noobs. Certainly also true.

Without concrete data to back it up, no one can really claim one is more prevalent than the other.
Nor can anyone discredit either's existence.

They can only argue perspective.
90 Undead Mage
Pinata you make some good points and yes those factors are important, but when someone NEVER admits to being outplayed that means they lack self awareness.
60 Human Death Knight
01/18/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Kiaransali
Pointing out what I see BG after BG doesn't make me bitter or angry... it makes me observant

And pointing out that you persistently post only to call others bad doesnt make me a "troll" either then.

It makes me observant.

That has nothing to do with it... each season the player base gets more whiny & more entitled. They lack self awareness, are unable to take personal responsibility & blame everything but themselves for failing. The player base mirrors society & today's kids are a selfish, entitled, whiny bunch.

I observe that seems rather... "bitter".
60 Human Death Knight
01/18/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Piñata
Sometimes you were outplayed, sometimes you actually were just cheated. You can't just say that it's always being outplayed because of lack of skill, because that's not always true.

Well said.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]