Countdown queues are the problem

(Locked)

90 Human Monk
01/16/2013 01:55 AMPosted by Aurellian
What if you could find a way to stop ALL of that crap and play the game with people you actually get friendly with - and have fun int he process?

Ya, you have stopped it for yourself. While people without the addon are not only dealing with the so said problems, now they are facing premade teams stomping their faces in. Easy way to fix this is to get the addon then right? That makes everyone have to get the addon to have some kind of enjoyable experience. Noone should be forced to get an addon for a introductory lvl of playing wow. You may be "forced" in other areas like arenas, raids. But not in lfr, lfg, bgs.

Look I just want my honor gear. I'm fresh 90. I know the climb, it sucks, I've done it many of times. I lose some, I win some. I have good groups and bad. It just makes getting a full set feel more of an accomplishment imo. Now I'm losing 10-12 games every 1 I win . It's never been this bad.
60 Human Death Knight
01/20/2013 12:00 AMPosted by Jugaa
Soooo... that REQUIRES him to hop on in and tell them what terrible human beings they are? Repeatedly?

If they're going to complain about stupid stuff then yes...

OK. Complaining about "stupid stuff" (aka what you dont agree with) makes them terrible human beings.
Check. Nothing bitter, angry, or unreasonably stereotypical about that. Carry on, saviors of humanity.

Thank god you're here to rescue us from them and their diabolical plots... and not just bitter.

Cuz i thought you might just be bitter.
90 Tauren Death Knight
Ya, you have stopped it for yourself. While people without the addon are not only dealing with the so said problems, now they are facing premade teams stomping their faces in

patient: "Doc, it hurts when i do this"
doc: "Then don't do that. that'll be $100 please"

how is it that the only people in bgs are all-green-solos and the premades stomping them? i mean really. the point is to push adoption, getting a higher percentage of premades on BOTH sides... which naturally get paired with each other due to the group matching system already in blizz's queuing model. And since most premades run a few short of full, solos join in.

meanwhile, the bots are left queuing by themselves... resulting in lower honor/hr grind as they don't do the objectives... which could result in bot owners reducing their usage as the risk v reward isn't as strong with lower (honor + conquest)/hr (we can hope)

blizz could easily insure solo players get priority assignment to fill bgs with premades... or just solos with solos.

the question is... why don't they? (need a hand blizz? call me up)
90 Orc Warrior
OK. Complaining about "stupid stuff" (aka what you dont agree with) makes them terrible human beings.
Check. Nothing bitter, angry, or unreasonably stereotypical about that. Carry on, saviors of humanity.

Thank god you're here to rescue us from them and their diabolical plots... and not just bitter.

Cuz i thought you might just be bitter.

People complaining about healers being gods and how they can tank 5 dps are idiots and should be pointed out. Or people that complain how warriors have 25 stuns, or exaggerate at all should be pointed out. I don't think people that complain about oQ are complaining about something stupid though, unless they still think it's still auto queuing people.
90 Undead Warlock
01/20/2013 12:19 AMPosted by Reflëct
That makes everyone have to get the addon to have some kind of enjoyable experience.

I use the add-on mainly for RBGs, still solo que a lot for randoms, and I still enjoy the game. It's all what you make of it :)

01/20/2013 01:38 AMPosted by Warglaive
Complaining about "stupid stuff"

Stupid stuff (aka healers being OP, teams not being fairly divided healer/dps-wise, not winning yet when you inspect them they're enchants, etc are off). There was a thread of someone complaining about not winning that much and when I looked they had over 8k resil, so I said to tone down resil and up pvppower. Ofc they tried and they won a bit more, some people don't realize they can make a big difference individually.
Edited by Jugaa on 1/20/2013 8:26 AM PST
90 Undead Mage
01/19/2013 11:13 PMPosted by Amoses
Please remove premades from random ques. This is just insane to be farmed and killed. It is not fun. Premades to fight premades not random people just trying some bgs.
As soon as bots & players ignoring objectives are removed. Until then there is a need for premades.

To be fair, most of them are. My only complaint against him is that you can't just drop blanket statements, and then expect the exceptions to, well, not take exception.

Your average pug player is an absolute terror to have around. They're like herding cats in a thunderstorm. Yes, there are exceptions, and I expect them to yell at me and say so, but the generality is true.
Well said.

Many of the whiners on the forums are bad. No one said EVERY SINGLE person who hasn't made the 1500 mark is bad. Just the ones who complain about their team always losing, healers are too hard to kill, can't win a match because one team has 5 healers and the other has 2, people who don't even know how to gear properly, etc... Many of those posters about those particular subjects are bad players.
Also well said.

01/20/2013 12:00 AMPosted by Jugaa
If they're going to complain about stupid stuff then yes...
Warglaive's problem (well one of them) is that he doesn't care at all about players taking responsibility for their own actions. I point out bad behavior or very poor play and instead of focusing on the negative behavior he focuses his attention on me. It's like a kid who acts poorly and gets yelled at & then the kid's buddy getting involved to tell the parent that they shouldn't have yelled at their friend (even though he deserved it). Like I said I strongly suspect that Warglaive is a teen or maybe early 20's & he has the entitled mentality of that generation... lack of discipline, lack of personal responsibility, an "it's all about me" mindset, expecting handouts, etc. I sincerely fear for this country once that generation becomes adults.

01/20/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Zeroizer
People complaining about healers being gods and how they can tank 5 dps are idiots and should be pointed out. Or people that complain how warriors have 25 stuns, or exaggerate at all should be pointed out. I don't think people that complain about oQ are complaining about something stupid though, unless they still think it's still auto queuing people.
Like I said Warglaive and players that think like him don't want anyone to point out their poor play. Anyone that does is apparently a bitter and angry person and has no right to judge these players. What he fails to understand (or probably doesn't care about) is that the negative attitude and poor play of these players affects their teammates. As has been stated many times it is one of the main reasons players cite that they run in premades... to cut that dead weight out of their team. Like I said a few competent solo players become collateral damage and that is unfortunate, but blame the bots & the players that don't care about anyone but themselves (i.e. HK farmers).

Anyways I have Warglaive on ignore because he consistently takes what I say out of context and clearly has no intentions of having an intelligent debate. In his deluded mind I am just a bitter & angry person that gets my kicks out of pointing out poor play or ignorant statements.
Edited by Kiaransali on 1/20/2013 10:50 AM PST
90 Human Warlock
Warglaive's problem (well one of them) is that he doesn't care at all about players taking responsibility for their own actions. I point out bad behavior or very poor play and instead of focusing on the negative behavior he focuses his attention on me. It's like a kid who acts poorly and gets yelled at & then the kid's buddy getting involved to tell the parent that they shouldn't have yelled at their friend (even though he deserved it). Like I said I strongly suspect that Warglaive is a teen or maybe early 20's & he has the entitled mentality of that generation... lack of discipline, lack of personal responsibility, an "it's all about me" mindset, expecting handouts, etc. I sincerely fear for this country once that generation becomes adults.

It's always enlightening to read forum posters providing in depth analysis of each other in a thread titled "Countdown queues are the problem".

Clearly, your perception of Warglaives bio is relevant to the topic?
90 Human Warrior
01/20/2013 06:14 AMPosted by Tinymasher
Ya, you have stopped it for yourself. While people without the addon are not only dealing with the so said problems, now they are facing premade teams stomping their faces in

patient: "Doc, it hurts when i do this"
doc: "Then don't do that. that'll be $100 please"

how is it that the only people in bgs are all-green-solos and the premades stomping them? i mean really. the point is to push adoption, getting a higher percentage of premades on BOTH sides... which naturally get paired with each other due to the group matching system already in blizz's queuing model. And since most premades run a few short of full, solos join in.

meanwhile, the bots are left queuing by themselves... resulting in lower honor/hr grind as they don't do the objectives... which could result in bot owners reducing their usage as the risk v reward isn't as strong with lower (honor + conquest)/hr (we can hope)

blizz could easily insure solo players get priority assignment to fill bgs with premades... or just solos with solos.

the question is... why don't they? (need a hand blizz? call me up)

You literally have no idea about the fact that people think differently do you. A lot of people do not want to que in premades with others they don't want to have to get on vent to have a chance in a casual game. Yes that is what random bgs are a casual game. If you want competition there are RBGs.

There is no reason people should be forced to que in premades so that you can que all your multibox toons with all your multiboxing friends that is what this is about not you being noble or other such sanctimonious bs. One of the people who was involved in planning the addon even posted and said the entire original purpose of the addon was to circumvent the que limit blizzard placed in the game in cata. It was to make it so you didn't have to countdown in vent to que.

In short go take a long walk off a short pier there is 0 reason people should have to premade to have fun in randoms. If they implement a premade vs premade que fine; until then get over yourself and follow the rules period, no more then 5 in a que. If you need more then that you don't deserve to win anyways.
Edited by Rainbowdash on 1/20/2013 3:43 PM PST
60 Human Death Knight
01/20/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Zeroizer

Ok. Pointed out, maybe. Belittled and blamed for the downfall of humanity.... no.

Topics of the posts receiving 3 "hateu" quotes i recently brought up in this thread:

1) It might be easier for you to deal with crowd cotrol because you play a mage.
2) Same discussion as above.
3) Be a little more patient with fresh 90's because contender's gear is getting weaker every day.

How are those topics fitting of not just "you're bad", but "you're selfish entitled whiny failures ruining society"?

01/20/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Elemeno

It's OK, he HAS to attack somebody... clearly. Always, clearly. Might as well be me than random posters.

It simply further goes to show he uses them as excuses to spew nothing but stereotype, bitterness and hate.
I think it's pretty evident from that lovely post alone.

Everyone that doesnt agree is only doing so because they're the most despicable individual on the planet.
And if the facts arent available to prove so, he just simply makes some up. Seems bitter. Maybe a tad bitter.
60 Human Death Knight
01/20/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Rainbowdash
There is no reason people should be forced to que in premades

In short there is no reason because Blizzard very clearly stated 6+ it isn't currently supposed to be done.
Anyone arguing that they're going to do it anyway just because they CAN ---> seems a little entitled.

If they change that stance or add a different system in the future - cool. Right now these premades do exist.

People are just in complaining about it still happening. (just often confused about how)

People are not "just" in attempting to justify doing it. Or particularly in attacking personally those complaining.
90 Undead Mage
t's always enlightening to read forum posters providing in depth analysis of each other in a thread titled "Countdown queues are the problem".

If you look back at the posts you will clearly see that he strayed off topic and that I simply responded to his ridiculous claims. He is on ignore now & my only fault is not putting him on ignore earlier.

A lot of people do not want to que in premades with others they don't want to have to get on vent to have a chance in a casual game
I used to queue up solo thinking that most of my teammates actually wanted to win or weren't completely awful, but I was very sadly mistaken.

There is no reason people should be forced to que in premades so that you can que all your multibox toons with all your multiboxing friends that is what this is about not you being noble or other such sanctimonious bs.
WTF are you talking about? What does mutli-boxing have to do with OQueue?

In short go take a long walk off a short pier there is 0 reason people should have to premade to have fun in randoms.
Zero reasons? How about the fact that most pugs are terrible, filled with bots, bads & players ignoring objectives? Surely you must know this but have chosen to ignore this fact in pursuit of your witch hunt against premades.

If they implement a premade vs premade que fine
Which would be basically RBGs with BG rewards... makes zero sense & anyone that brings this idea up clearly lacks critical thinking or analytical skills.
Edited by Kiaransali on 1/20/2013 4:28 PM PST
60 Human Death Knight
If you look back at the posts you will clearly see that he strayed off topic and that I simply responded to his ridiculous claims. He is on ignore now & my only fault is not putting him on ignore earlier.

How is it straying off topic to point out something completely arbitrary to the topic in argument to the topic?

O wait... it is. And you do exactly the same - with your incessant personal attacks and false percentages.
Weird. Almost like.... the point. Crazy.

But hey, 90% of today's bratty, entitled, whiny, selfish, terrible arrogant youth put the truth on ignore...
Why shouldn't you do the same? Right? Am i doin it right?

At least it concentrated all your hate-spewing down into a single thread and single target. But for how long...?

01/20/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Kiaransali
What does mutli-boxing have to do with OQueue?

I'm guessing pertaining to the previous automated queues or now countdown to get into the same game....
Which i would have to agree is against the "spirit of the experience" - by definition of Blizz.

Maybe someone should say something. =/
Edited by Warglaive on 1/20/2013 4:48 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
Kiar OQ was originally made to bypass the que limits for tinys multiboxing guild so that they didn't have to countdown on vent. 5 mans are fine they are allowed by the game 6 plus are not it is that freaking simple.
90 Undead Warrior
Yes that is what random bgs are a casual game. If you want competition there are RBGs

it is a battleground. its design defaults to competition. also,
since it's one team vs another team, where one is going to
win and one is going to lose, coordination is also a default.
rated bg's are not the sole domain of these things. in this
environment, casual only refers to it not being rated.

what these anti-premade tears want is a change in this
casual environment. it's too hard to out-teamwork the
enemy. it's too hard to out-coordinate the enemy. they
want the enemy to be polite and not stomp them and
to worry about their getting gear and their self esteem.

just because the normal bg's are casual does not mean
there should be no coordination, no teamwork, no rivalry.
all of these eloquent dictations on the immoralities of pub
stomping is, at best, a freak'n joke. stomping is the nature
of the game. has been since the beginning. get a clue.

premades are not the problem. never have been.

Cheers.
Pleb.

btw, Tiny is a great guy. long walk off a short pier...? silly kid.
90 Undead Mage
Kiar OQ was originally made to bypass the que limits for tinys multiboxing guild so that they didn't have to countdown on vent. 5 mans are fine they are allowed by the game 6 plus are not it is that freaking simple.
I have no idea if that is the case and to be honest I don't care. Players currently use OQueue for grouping (mostly RBGs or BGs) and Blizzard broke the ability to queue more than 5 at a time in BGs.
90 Human Warrior
01/20/2013 05:24 PMPosted by Kiaransali
I have no idea if that is the case and to be honest I don't care. Players currently use OQueue for grouping (mostly RBGs or BGs) and Blizzard broke the ability to queue more than 5 at a time in BGs.

Can still be done via vent countdown, and tiny advocates for it; there was a post by a druid in his guild a while back about what OQ was designed for. As I have said I have zero issue with 5 man premades my issue with the full ones.
90 Tauren Death Knight
You literally have no idea about the fact that people think differently do you. A lot of people do not want to que in premades with others they don't want to have to get on vent to have a chance in a casual game. Yes that is what random bgs are a casual game. If you want competition there are RBGs.

you honestly believe ANYONE wants to queue up with your bots? really?

as stated, premades would not be 100% of the bg, there are always a few spots open... which the solos get plugged into. if there are no premades waiting, then it would just be PLAYERS being given the slots BEFORE bots. this would result in solo PLAYERS v solo PLAYERS... until there are only bots queue'd up. then it'd be bots v bots... or maybe a solo player in there as well.

There is no reason people should be forced to que in premades so that you can que all your multibox toons with all your multiboxing friends that is what this is about not you being noble or other such sanctimonious bs. One of the people who was involved in planning the addon even posted and said the entire original purpose of the addon was to circumvent the que limit blizzard placed in the game in cata. It was to make it so you didn't have to countdown in vent to que.

and again, no one HAS to be in a premade.. they would just be a solo PLAYER. who they get matched with is up to the blizz matching system.

meanwhile, your rabid anti-boxer prejudice comes out, explaining your rabid, almost ocd obsession with oqueue.

for the record, the only person involved in 'planning' the addon was me. period. yes, i mentioned it to others, as in 'it would be cool if...', but no one helped me write a line. boxers don't need a tool to help us queue, as we are in groups and can queue with a click. the only issue would be for solos, as the solos had to deal with preformav and how it worked (or didn't). oqueue helps them the most... while also bringing everyone together. this all helps reduce bots in the bgs... which is the point.

of course, your pro-bot stance isn't exactly new... and my anti-bot stance pre-dated oqueue by years. one of the reasons many people box is to minimize bads and bots in bgs, at least on the boxers side. oqueue just continues with the goal by bringing ACTUAL PEOPLE together into a single bg. which, i'm sure you're against... as it hurts bots and will impact the monthly income for bot producers.

In short there is no reason because Blizzard very clearly stated 6+ it isn't currently supposed to be done.
Anyone arguing that they're going to do it anyway just because they CAN ---> seems a little entitled.

there are NO rules against running with your friends in a bg. NONE. in large guilds, odds are good people will have more then 4 friends. those people ARE entitled to play with their friends in a causal pvp environment.

know who is NOT entitled? bots. bots are not entitled to be carried by anyone. they are not entitled to bog down anyone's fun... and blizz is not entitled to demand we carry them... as they cannot dictate HOW we play the game. they set up the general sandbox... we play in it. the fact that players want PLAYERS and not BOTS in their sandbox is NOT against the rules. actually, the contrary would be against the rules... players demanding their bots get carried by the other players.

funny how all the oQueue haters are not on the anti-bot threads with similar angst
90 Tauren Death Knight
btw, Tiny is a great guy. long walk off a short pier...? silly kid.

it's ok... i walk on water

i am a frost dk after all...

:)
90 Human Warrior
The fact remains over 5 = not allowed blizzard specifically broke it get the hint as I have said before if you need more then 5 to win you really don't deserve to win. Also gtfo with the botting crap I have never supported bots, I actually follow the rules of the game. This is something that you cannot claim to do without lying period.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]