Countdown queues are the problem

(Locked)

60 Human Death Knight
01/21/2013 05:02 PMPosted by Kiaransali
In both cases our "fun" is being threatened.

Which is probably why they stated it had reached a level they were not happy with and acted accordingly.
(maybe not word for word, but i dont think i need to quote Daxx... again.)

But it does go to reason if this countdown circumvention raises enough complaints, they will do so again.

So.... complain on IMO. They have every right.
96 Human Rogue
Isn't the spirit of the game to have fun? If you look at the disagreements about premades both sides are upset with what they think is ruining their fun... the anti-premade crowd is of course upset with premades & players like me are tired of being surrounded with dead weight in pugs (bots, bads & players ignoring objectives). In both cases our "fun" is being threatened.

Like everything else in this game, it'll come down to the majority and what it's causing. Look at pvp balance changes. Do you think the overpowered classes are having fun? Do you think the classes that get pit against said overpowered classes are not having fun? It all comes down to the majority, and the degree of imbalance. The problem right now is that premades larger than 5 five have in game options, they just don't like them. So Blizzard has tried to create an outlet for both types, but one group is just gaming the system to do it their own way.

EDIT:
The problem I have with what the premade crowd is doing is really simple. Random battlegrounds are the casual outlet for pvp. Rated battlegrounds are the outlet for organized premades. That is the how Blizzard wanted battleground pvp to be segregated. Players who like the organization of premade pvp are playing in the casual playground because they don't like all the things that come along with organized pvp. This disrupts the way the battlegrounds are supposed to work.
Edited by Esclamayshun on 1/21/2013 5:36 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
I'm not trying to squirm my way out of anything when I run into full premades and I am dealing with bads obviously I am at a disadvantage. The bot issue is honestly way overstated at peak hours late at night its horrible, but during peak hours yes there are a lot of bads.

Seriously why do you keep arguing with me supposedly you don't do full premades, since I have said I don't care about 5 mans they are fine more then 5 equals you are violating what blizzard has expressly said they want period.

The hilarious thing is I'm being called a no lifer in another thread when premades actually favor no lifers over people who only have time to do a bg or two fast.
Edited by Rainbowdash on 1/21/2013 6:26 PM PST
this addon needs to go. I've been doing BG's all day and not one of them have had a latency under 400.

I have done bgs on the same damned internet connection for nearly 4 years now and now this? It's not my internet connection it's this mod that is breaking the rules.

Get rid of it.

I'm on the verge of canceling my account. BGs is all I really do any more.
Edited by Xangxu on 1/21/2013 6:56 PM PST
http://www.threadmeters.com/wow/v-8ufL/oqueue_responsible_for_the_battleground_lag/

This solution as we currently have it is only causing problems, not only for users, but everyone that is connected to Battle.net. (That means everyone that plays this game.)
100 Undead Warlock
I don't use OQ and I've haven't experience any bg lag at all. Maybe it's your computer? Because I brought a brand new one at the start of MoP, and I never lag now.
60 Human Death Knight
I heard linking a site only reposting a thread already made on these forums is proof of everything.

Stop the presses... we have some undeniable evidence up in here.
I heard linking a site only reposting a thread already made on these forums is proof of everything.

Stop the presses... we have some undeniable evidence up in here.

A lot of people have been complaining actually.

And yes my computer is only about a year old.
60 Human Death Knight
So it came with a "spam complaint everywhere" feature? And an "offer reposted conjecture as proof" too?

I dont use it and I dont lag because of it. Some poeple may but this thread isnt about that.
90 Undead Mage
01/21/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Esclamayshun
The problem I have with what the premade crowd is doing is really simple. Random battlegrounds are the casual outlet for pvp. Rated battlegrounds are the outlet for organized premades
I am a casual player... tolerating bots, awful players & players ignoring objectives is not my idea of casual play. Moreover I have explained many times why I don't do RBGs and don't feel like explaining myself for 20th time. Bottom line is I do BGs for fun & I expect basic competence & the desire to win in my teammates. I don't think that is too much to ask for a casual player.

01/21/2013 06:25 PMPosted by Rainbowdash
Seriously why do you keep arguing with me

01/21/2013 06:25 PMPosted by Rainbowdash
The hilarious thing is I'm being called a no lifer in another thread when premades actually favor no lifers over people who only have time to do a bg or two fast.
This pretty much answers your last question... it's not about your stance on premades it's the rhetoric you throw in at the end of your comment. I have told you this many times now, so this shouldn't be a surprise to you.

this addon needs to go. I've been doing BG's all day and not one of them have had a latency under 400.

I have done bgs on the same damned internet connection for nearly 4 years now and now this? It's not my internet connection it's this mod that is breaking the rules.

Get rid of it.

Ummm you aren't running into premades every BG so right there your conspiracy theory has been disproven. There are a few dozen reasons that would explain why your latency has been higher lately & none of them have anything to do with OQueue.
Edited by Kiaransali on 1/21/2013 7:57 PM PST
90 Undead Warlock
01/21/2013 03:58 PMPosted by Rainbowdash
My exact complaint was that my win rate was crap due to premades not that I myself was getting wrecked

Not premades. How do you even know they are a premade honestly? There are sooo many more bad alliance solo queuers than there are horde (from my experience anyway). Just because a pug group beat you, and I've been in a few really good pug groups, does not make it a premade. And, just because there's 6 or 7 from one server, does not mean it's a premade. I've been grouped with 5 others from Arthas who qued alone as well, it just happens, a lot of Arthas people pvp. Same with other popular servers. Stop blaming premades just because you were grouped with a few bad eggs...
90 Undead Warlock
01/21/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Esclamayshun
Rated battlegrounds are the outlet for organized premades. That is the how Blizzard wanted battleground pvp to be segregated. Players who like the organization of premade pvp are playing in the casual playground because they don't like all the things that come along with organized pvp. This disrupts the way the battlegrounds are supposed to work.

Then maybe they should come up with something better than RBGs (which is for rating, not so casual is it?) And war games, does anyone even participate in these? Are they even x-realm? Do they offer any incentive what-so-ever to help those in premades trying to gear up?

01/21/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Xangxu

I was too, until I found Oque :)

01/21/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Xangxu

I highly doubt that. I never lag, and supposing this were true, I would. And as for your silly link, you can't believe everything you read on the internet :) Maybe get your computer checked.

01/21/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Xangxu
A lot of people have been complaining actually.

Show me this "a lot of people" posts...
Edited by Jugaa on 1/21/2013 9:10 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
01/21/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Jugaa
My exact complaint was that my win rate was crap due to premades not that I myself was getting wrecked

Not premades. How do you even know they are a premade honestly? There are sooo many more bad alliance solo queuers than there are horde (from my experience anyway). Just because a pug group beat you, and I've been in a few really good pug groups, does not make it a premade. And, just because there's 6 or 7 from one server, does not mean it's a premade. I've been grouped with 5 others from Arthas who qued alone as well, it just happens, a lot of Arthas people pvp. Same with other popular servers. Stop blaming premades just because you were grouped with a few bad eggs...

Its very obvious when its a premade via the cc chains on healers sorry but reg players don't swap fear and sheep onto alternate healers to keep them on full cc :D
90 Undead Warlock
01/21/2013 09:32 PMPosted by Rainbowdash
Its very obvious when its a premade via the cc chains on healers sorry but reg players don't swap fear and sheep onto alternate healers to keep them on full cc :D

Smart ones do...if I see a mage sheeped a healer, right when they pop out of it, I use bloodfear on them. Some pugs do work real well together, and there is always BG chat :P
Edited by Jugaa on 1/21/2013 10:21 PM PST
96 Human Rogue
Then maybe they should come up with something better than RBGs (which is for rating, not so casual is it?) And war games, does anyone even participate in these? Are they even x-realm? Do they offer any incentive what-so-ever to help those in premades trying to gear up?

I think they're trying to raise the incentives for RBGs in the hopes of making them more popular. I'm not trying to herd everyone to Rateds in their current state. But I still don't think full premades should be in randoms.
92 Tauren Death Knight
This solution as we currently have it is only causing problems, not only for users, but everyone that is connected to Battle.net. (That means everyone that plays this game.)

dude, you're on crack... or your network connection is. stop the torrent. stop watching the video stream. talk to your isp to check your connection.. have them send someone out.

if what you've been spouting off had any connection with reality... everyone would be impacted. fact is, no one in this thread has an issue... with or without oqueue.

oQueue does not send a msg for every twitch or hk. that's just pure fiction.

you're just another troll looking for attention.
90 Undead Warlock
01/22/2013 12:34 AMPosted by Esclamayshun
I think they're trying to raise the incentives for RBGs in the hopes of making them more popular. I'm not trying to herd everyone to Rateds in their current state. But I still don't think full premades should be in randoms.

So, they're trying to raise incentives more in the win-trading/ddosing area more....good to know ;)
96 Human Rogue

So, they're trying to raise incentives more in the win-trading/ddosing area more....good to know ;)

Wintrading and carrying are going to be much less common in 5.2 after the changes. No reason to buy boosts anymore.
Edited by Esclamayshun on 1/22/2013 1:15 AM PST
96 Human Rogue
Rating still = more CP per week. In fact if you consider the reality of what they are doing - it will likely lead to a more consistent market for those selling their services of win trading and carries. People will need more weeks of carries (wins) and constant cap increases to get to the 27K CP and hence the elite tyrannical gear.

A lot of the boosts that were sold was just to get players the t2 weapon. Those sales will be completely gone.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]