Countdown queues are the problem

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Warrior
Req
01/17/2013 04:59 AMPosted by Warglaive
Because i dont see you directing much of your input toward blizz.

My god.
60 Human Death Knight
Het Splix, telling other players "you're wrong, Im right" isnt directing input to Blizzard. Not constructively.
01/17/2013 05:14 AMPosted by Warglaive
I thought Kotmogu WAS supposed to be that - incorporating as little objective as possible.

Turns out tenacity is frustrating
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Req
I can't find the "Request GM response" button anywhere!
60 Human Death Knight
=)

Perhaps you should create a thread to inquire about it.
100 Undead Warrior
That's a pretty broad brush to paint the anti-premaders with. Just about the same size as the premaders are all no-skillz brush.

yes, i suppose it is. here's the thing; the number of
those that are anti-premade that are so because they
are against teamwork, strategy, communication, etc,
from my observation, is larger than the anti-premade
types that aren't against such things, and are anti
because it's a 'rule'. the latter group i believe is closer
to the pro premade side of the argument and would
fall into this middle ground area mentioned. the former
might just appear to be larger because they are so vocal.

i say the latter is closer to the premade side because
they don't have a problem with strats and such.

Cheers.
Pleb.
100 Night Elf Druid
01/17/2013 05:10 AMPosted by Quint
just give the premaders their own short bus bgs to fight each other.

They did, it's called arena and RBGs but they don't want competition. XD
100 Undead Warrior
01/17/2013 05:29 AMPosted by Cear
They did, it's called arena and RBGs but they don't want competition. XD

you got me.

Cheers.
Pleb, the idiot scrub pub stomping AV groupie.
96 Human Rogue
It's insanely naive to think that players who are against full premades in randoms are against competition and teamwork. It's the exact opposite in my case. Full premades in battlegrounds do not promote competition the majority of the time. When full premades fight full premades more than say 30% of the time, you'll have a point. But right now full premades just run over pugs most the time, that's not competition.

Most the battlegrounds I play have a couple of partial premades, which is completely fair to me as I run every battleground with another player. To me that's the epitome of fair. The queue system seems to work decently well for small premades. However when you get into larger numbers, the speed factor in queueing seems to come up very quickly. By Kia's own words, full premades get very lucky if every other game is a premade that they face.

So how is more than half your games fighting pugs competitive at all?

EDIT: By no means am I saying all premade players queue simply to stomp pugs, HOWEVER its what happens most the time, whether it's your intention or not.
Edited by Esclamayshun on 1/17/2013 5:40 AM PST
60 Human Death Knight
01/17/2013 05:43 AMPosted by Aurellian
Are there enough Alliance interested in something like that?

Why dont you create a thread suggesting it and find out? I'll support it. By posting in it or not posting in it.

You choose.
100 Night Elf Druid
@Aurellian

You made a long post a page ago that I don't feel like quoting, about the lack of middle ground in PvP. It was an interesting read.

What would you think about this suggestion:

The current CTA BG has an alternative mode for queuing, that can only be queued into with a full group. The rewards remain exactly the same.

Actually I would fully support this and would welcome the challenge. I know warglaive that probably makes your butthurt.

Reality says though that people would be more interested in doing that type of Q'd BG whereby they could earn 100 CP for each win. That's not so much that it would detract from Arena or cause RBG teams to spawn non stop in there. I think it could work very well though. As you can see this toon does not have an active Arena team - my daughter's Spriest needed a couple wins this last week to cap...that's it. I have an arena team on my pally but it was a "2's for points" team and I hated it. I would love to be able to BG for points in a group on group environment where I could get decent CP.

The problem I see with this is Q times V time invested. If enough alliance got into it it could work. Are there enough Alliance interested in something like that?

100% premade vs premade would be fun but not worth the extra conquest every time they win. If that's the style of play they want, they won't be doing it for the reward but rather the sheer fun of it.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Actually I would fully support this and would welcome the challenge. I know warglaive that probably makes your butthurt.

Reality says though that people would be more interested in doing that type of Q'd BG whereby they could earn 100 CP for each win. That's not so much that it would detract from Arena or cause RBG teams to spawn non stop in there. I think it could work very well though. As you can see this toon does not have an active Arena team - my daughter's Spriest needed a couple wins this last week to cap...that's it. I have an arena team on my pally but it was a "2's for points" team and I hated it. I would love to be able to BG for points in a group on group environment where I could get decent CP.

The problem I see with this is Q times V time invested. If enough alliance got into it it could work. Are there enough Alliance interested in something like that?

Thanks for the response. :D
96 Human Rogue
Why not get 100 conquest for going against a set premade?

If I countown Q'd and pug stomped I could do more CP per hour so it has to be worth it for those who are not into PvP for the sheer joy of the battle.

There has to be a reason for people to come beyond fun - Blizzard has proven that.

And here we thought all the premade supporters were just trying to get rid of bots. :)
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/17/2013 05:59 AMPosted by Aurellian
There has to be a reason for people to come beyond fun - Blizzard has proven that.

Sad, but true...
100 Night Elf Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7591982713

Thread up voice your loud and angry opinions there.

Why not get 100 conquest for going against a set premade?

If I countown Q'd and pug stomped I could do more CP per hour so it has to be worth it for those who are not into PvP for the sheer joy of the battle.

So what would you do if they shuffled the queue to guarantee your count down queue didn't work on top of implementing something like that and they still left it at 50cp per win?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]