the BEST solution thats fair for INQUISITION

100 Orc Warrior
zZq
have it use MANA instead of holy power, one cast for a 30 second duration and off the GCD.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
zZq
fixes the PVP problem. makes life easier for pve.

also give it a graphic so an additional addon is required to maintain it properly.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
sounds good to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sounds good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
no. thats just idiotic. ret is about resource management. disconnecting one of our finishers from our resource would reduce the skill needed to play ret.

it also does have a persistent visual
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
zZq
mana isnt a resource?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
no. thats just idiotic. ret is about resource management. disconnecting one of our finishers from our resource would reduce the skill needed to play ret.

Pretty sure mana's a resource, good sir. Also I think he meant the buff, not the actual effect.
Edited by Karob on 1/15/2013 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

your response is idiotic. good Idea OP
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Unless Inq takes all our mana, no, it's not a resource for the purposes of the spec; we don't do anything with it that bears monitoring. Unless you're hard-casting heals, there's no fear of ever running OOM as Ret considering our insane, spec-granted passive mana regen.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/15/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
Unless Inq takes all our mana, no, it's not a resource for the purposes of the spec; we don't do anything with it that bears monitoring. Unless you're hard-casting heals, there's no fear of ever running OOM as Ret considering our insane, spec-granted passive mana regen.
You're going to run OOM in PvP a lot.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
zZq
why is it all of the rets who are disagreeing that inquisition needs a quality of life change do not pvp on their ret?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

I don't particularly think mana usage is the best route either since ret mana management is very trivial unless you're casting heals, but using HP for it should have more flexibility. By this I mean that for ever 1hp should = 10 secs should be added to the current duration capping at 30 secs. This would mean you wouldn't need to necessarily have to build up 3 hp every time to make it worth it since you could add more time.

I do feel it should be off the GCD too, but Ive been saying this for a long time now.

As for the visual, youre right it does have one but it isnt very noticeable for some people. Personally I do prefer the more subtle visuals for buffs though because it makes you stand out less in pvp when you are doing something, unlike wings and guardian which just scream at everyone to CC you. Personally I just recommend getting addons to track things like inquisition, but I suppose some people prefer to play the game without 3rd party support.
Edited by Halfcalf on 1/15/2013 10:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/15/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Ulcerate
mana isnt a resource?

Not for Ret
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
zZq
in pvp it is. cast 2 FoLs and youll be managing your non-resource...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 10:14 AMPosted by Karob
Pretty sure mana's a resource, good sir. Also I think he meant the buff, not the actual effect.

mana is not a resource for ret. our resources are ability cooldowns and holy power.

the buff has a visual effect, your hands have a sparkly white glow while inquisition is active. i think we inherited this animation from the old vengeance self buff.

01/15/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Ulcerate
why is it all of the rets who are disagreeing that inquisition needs a quality of life change do not pvp on their ret?

the guy with 200k hks doesn't pvp on his ret.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Ulcerate

Probably cause you don't know how to be specific in your OP.

If you are strictly talking about PvP or PvE, you might want to say so... otherwise you get this.
Edited by Vlada on 1/15/2013 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 10:02 AMPosted by Ulcerate
have it use MANA instead of holy power, one cast for a 30 second duration and off the GCD.

worst solution IMO :P what Vlad said
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/15/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Vladja
mana is not a resource for ret
Except it is. In PvP at least.

01/15/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Vladja
our resources are ability cooldowns and holy power.
And mana.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I like the idea.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Karob
And mana.

Sort of, but only in PvP and only in regards to healing. Mana is not part of Ret's DPS rotation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]