the BEST solution thats fair for INQUISITION

100 Tauren Shaman
Inquisition plays a role similar to Slice and Dice for rogues. It adds complexity to a rotation that would, as others have pointed out, just be TV spam. Now, I'm not a huge fan of babysitting short-term buffs like Inquisition or SnD, and wouldn't mind seeing a mechanic similar to Assassination's Cut to the Chase (which refreshes SnD to its max duration on a successful Envenom finishing move hit).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 10:59 AMPosted by Ulcerate
yes it does. at least make the babysitting simple and less annoying. if inquisition is not going anywhere, at least make it easy enough to where people still need to be "skilled" enough to maintain a 30 second buff, without dampening their pvp output, and wasting offense on it/gcds.

There is no skill in either. So there's that.

Inquisition makes you pay attention. And punishes you for not paying attention. How is that bad? What's your reasoning? You really think those uses of Inq is killing our DPS? Off of GCD would be nice, but it's hardly impeding us from excelling at our role.

The 'hardest' part if Ret is watching ONE timer. I wish people would stop over complicating something so amazingly simple.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
zZq
i know what inquisition does. but i also have a rogue, and i guarantee you wont be babysitting SnD nearly as much as inquisition. combo points are generated a lot quicker than HP outside of divine purpose which noone uses and there are ways to maintain SnD.

inquisition needs a change/redesign. its ruining ret for me and im sure im not the only one annoyed with its false layer of complexity.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Having it use mana instead of HoPo is a bad idea. Our mana bar exists to gate our hard cast healing ability, nothing more. Trying to reconnect it to our DPS will likely only create a cluster.

I wouldn't mind seeing it come off the GCD. I don't think this would affect very much in PvE but would be a good QoL buff in PvP where often every global counts. I think we could use either this or a glyph option similar to Savage Roar or Deadly Momentum.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
zZq
01/15/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Vlada
yes it does. at least make the babysitting simple and less annoying. if inquisition is not going anywhere, at least make it easy enough to where people still need to be "skilled" enough to maintain a 30 second buff, without dampening their pvp output, and wasting offense on it/gcds.

There is no skill in either. So there's that.

Inquisition makes you pay attention. And punishes you for not paying attention. How is that bad? What's your reasoning? You really think those uses of Inq is killing our DPS? Off of GCD would be nice, but it's hardly impeding us from excelling at our role.

The 'hardest' part if Ret is watching ONE timer. I wish people would stop over complicating something so amazingly simple.

the other two classes who have this maintenance mechanic both have BETTER and less annoying ways for upkeep.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Burroc
similar to Assassination's Cut to the Chase (which refreshes SnD to its max duration on a successful Envenom finishing move hit).

I don't want to exaggerate., but I don't think I could play Assassination rogue w/o that passive. I don't think Ret has reached that point though, especially since HoPs stream in so easily.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Inq might feel smoother off the GCD, but I'm not sure that's really needed. I suppose it's more reasonable than Inq costing mana or another ability extending the duration.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Ulcerate
the other two classes who have this maintenance mechanic both have BETTER and less annoying ways for upkeep.

I hate to say it, but... we aren't those two other classes. Why do so many things need to work the same? Next thing you know, we'll have stances and will be able to shape shift into angel bears while dual wielding Warlocks. You know, the "Return of the Shockadin!" (Again!)

Our upkeep is not hard. It's just not. It sure as hell isn't fun or exciting, but what upkeep is?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Vlada
Next thing you know, we'll have stances and will be able to shape shift into angel bears while dual wielding Warlocks.

Gotta say that would be awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
01/15/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Vlada
similar to Assassination's Cut to the Chase (which refreshes SnD to its max duration on a successful Envenom finishing move hit).

I don't want to exaggerate., but I don't think I could play Assassination rogue w/o that passive. I don't think Ret has reached that point though, especially since HoPs stream in so easily.

Agreed. Rogues have a lot more stuff to track than Retribution paladins generally. I wouldn't mind seeing Inquisition stay up a little longer than it does baseline (maybe 15 seconds a stack, maybe 20 seconds), but then Ret doesn't really have any active debuffs to keep up, so there has to be some management involved.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
no. thats just idiotic. ret is about resource management. disconnecting one of our finishers from our resource would reduce the skill needed to play ret.

it also does have a persistent visual

disconnecting one of our finishers from our resource would reduce the skill needed to play ret.

the skill needed to play ret.

skill needed to play ret.

LOL.

Ret is the easiest spec in the entire game.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
LOL.

Arcane says, "hi."
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/15/2013 12:55 PMPosted by Luvok

Combat rogues also say hi
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
LOL.

If it is then it really is amazing how many people fail at it.

01/15/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Arcane says, "hi."

01/15/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Combat rogues also say hi

And Frost Death Knights.

And Elemental Shaman.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/15/2013 1:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
let's be honest, every dps spec is pretty easy, cept ret. Inquisition man, Inq. I mean I have to hit naga button 2 every 26-29seconds while smashing like tons of other buttons fewwww
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
INQUISITION - TAKE OFF GCD AND INCREASE DURATION TO 45 SECONDS.
HAPPY!!

* bloody caps, sorry.
Edited by Daemonism on 1/15/2013 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I actually don't mind maintaining the buff myself, but I do wonder why they decided to give us a 30 sec mandatory buff in the first place. Back in wrath warlocks use to have a life tap glyph that gave them a dps buff for 30 secs and they took it out because they said it was adding too much complexity. Granted, paladin ret dps is a lot more cut and dry than warlock dps was in wrath but still why use a mechanic that was deemed too annoying for another class?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/15/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Ulcerate
mana isnt a resource?

Maybe if it has a base cost of 100% of your mana total.
Reply Quote
81 Human Warrior
i know what inquisition does. but i also have a rogue, and i guarantee you wont be babysitting SnD nearly as much as inquisition. combo points are generated a lot quicker than HP outside of divine purpose which noone uses and there are ways to maintain SnD.

inquisition needs a change/redesign. its ruining ret for me and im sure im not the only one annoyed with its false layer of complexity.

Two of the rogue specs require more finishers than paladin. Assassination has the same amount of finishers to maintain as Ret but has to deal with one of the lowest APM of any class.

Inquisition isn't the problem. You're problem is not seeing a shiny number appear above the enemy when you hit it.

Assassination's Cut to the Chase (which refreshes SnD to its max duration on a successful Envenom finishing move hit).

Assassination still has to keep up Rupture, and it only still has Cut to the Chase because of the slow acquisition of CPs. Sub doesn't have to maintain Recuperate anymore but they lost Rupture refresh.
Edited by Waifu on 1/15/2013 6:37 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]