What is your favorite healer?

100 Worgen Priest
When I ask this, I mean based on how they heal mechanically (not including numbers or present OP or UP'ed state) and the themes that are used in what they do lore-wise. (ex: shaman water regeneration, disc use barriers, etc)

And of course your own gameplay preferences, with AoE, HoTs, Mobility, Tank heals, PvP, CC, Party buffs, etc..... Heck, you can even consider their Dps too when there is little to heal in downtimes.

I myself love the angelic AoE theme with Holy Priests, which is why I rolled it. I was so sad when they took Archangel away from Holy and Shadow in MoP :( I also must confess to loving the troll abilities Void Shift and Leap of Faith. On the rare negative, I dislike the themes of Chakra States, which I feel fits Disc way better, but I do love the gameplay adaptions it gives (Red makes doing dailies and other solo content possible).

On equal measure, I've come to learn and love Resto Druid's theme of flora growth. I also love their versatility, single target HoTs and mobility that is abundantly necessary in raids. Symbosis is the ultimate co-op spell too, which is awesome.

This can count into race decisions too, like human or dwarf paladins being badass in holding off the Scourge with the Argent Crusade, tauren Sunwalkers starting to worship the sun, trolls being witch doctors, female nelfs within priesthood for Elune, belf blood knights, male nelf resto druids worship of Nordrassil, gnome doctors, Earthen Ring resto shamans mission to heal the land from the cataclysm, gilnean druids growing harvests before the worgen curse, etc.....

I myself also loved the contrast with worgen being vicious-looking, yet healing others instead, so yeah, that's why I rolled one. Very unique I think.

Although I do love all healing classes as a standard compared to other roles, if I had to rank my inclinations it would be:

Holy Priest=Resto Druid>Resto Shaman=Disc Priest>Holy Paladin=Mist Monk

Anyone else care to share?
Edited by Vespereva on 2/1/2013 10:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My Priest was my first, my first love. I went to Druid to play for a while. Then hopped over to Horde side to Paladin. Then dabbled in Shaman, then back to Druid, and finally went back to my Priest because that's what my group needed, and then I fell in love all over again.

While I played Holy for a long time, liking the whole "leaving a mark on your soul" thing (Mastery: Echo of Light) , I much prefer Disc both for gameplay and theme. The big dramatic googly-eyed kid in me sees Disc as a personified raid wall and my Shaman cohealer patches up the holes.

Even though mechanics are a little clunky/spammy, I think Disc has a good thematic niche.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Disc priest used to be my favorite... until the advent of CC trains, dks, and 300k chaos bolts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My disc priest has always been the most fun to play. I LOVE preempting damage. Also when atonement was introduced I was sooo happy.

I also like my paladin for sheer power and ease of use.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Could be priests...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
... since I have two! ^ ^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Shaman are just.. awesome. Maybe even not so much what we do in game, but more so the potential. Just wish Blizzard would realize it.

WTB more water, waves, bubbles, geysers, water elemental (how do we not have this, I mean come on).

That said, mechanically we need some help :(
Edited by Pebble on 1/16/2013 6:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/16/2013 06:14 AMPosted by Pebble
geysers

I wish healing rain sploded when glyphed. Like wet t-shirt the entire raid and cut short the ticks for a burst of healing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Just going to go with priest even though mine is still only lvl 89 and this is my main. Druid just dissappoints me nowadays whether I do well on a fight or get stomped. Yay for new/awkward shroom revamp and incarnation possibly being overcome by buffed trees or soul of forest...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Priest followed by Shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
hpally followed by holy priest
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Priest, either spec. I have....one of each race. >,>
Edited by Elethia on 1/16/2013 9:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Druid of course! First toon I ever made and first toon I ever healed on :) I love their mobility. After that probably disc priest then holy paladin :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Druid for life
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Guild Wars 1 Monk - Boonprot (RIP)
I absolutely loved the way pro-active protection spells worked.

But, uh, Priest with Disc > Holy. Disc is the closest WoW gets to a preventative support/healer, and Atonement is a fun mechanic.
Reply Quote
95 Human Priest
Holy Priest Sanctuary Chakra for AoE Healing. Holy Priest Serenity Chakra for Main tank healing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Paladin. I love everything about this class--the lore, the mechanics of all 3 specs, and it is hands down mechanically my favorite healing class. :)
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
Haha, it seems mistweavers aren't really popular right now. But that could just be do to current balance.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
My list is:

Druid - I like the nature of them. I like shape shifting. I like nature spells. I like the play style of putting lots of HoTs out. I have been a main resto druid since I started(Wrath) and i'd likely never switch.

Priest - Disc for me was really fun to play. I like the whole bubble/absorb concept. It makes it so you don't have to heal damage, it's avoided to begin with. I didn't like it as much when they added the whole spirit shell thing though, as it became knowing fights & when to prayer of healing stack it up.

- Holy for me is super fun to play. I love the golden/sparkly animation theme to to the spec. Works very well with cascade. One thing I also like is how mastery works and seeing LOTS of green on my screen with numbers. Though it has downsides, for instance you can do a lot of heals, but they're very expensive and sucks your mana dry. As someone who likes to always be active and healing SOMETHING, I have a hard time with playing Holy and having mana.

Shaman - I am down with water spells. I love healing rain and riptide. I haven't finished my Shaman to 90 yet(at 87), I did raid/play her a lot in Dragon Soul. Play style was fun, I didn't like the mastery so much as if you were with another good healer who kept people topped off, you rarely saw benefit from it. But with a more crit related build, I was able to do okay. My biggest flaw with this class is how totems like Spirit Link require good placement/people to stack more to get benefit. Which is hard in some raids - to get people to get into things lol.

Monk - Only at 84. I like how it's different. Uplift is probably my favourite. Yes you can't control it so much, but it's a neat idea. The problems I find is I do NOT want to be in melee range. I like to be a healer at a range, so I do not play it the best. This is why I will likely not do any serious raiding on her.

Paladin - This healer I know is in a great place pretty much always. Great in PvP and PvE. The issue I had with it was I do not enjoy the play style of direct heals. I like to throw HoTs and move a lot. When Paladin's had Holy Radiance as a HoT effect, I would pretty much spam it as much as mana allowed - mostly just to have some sort of fun as I played her. Bottom line, she's 85 and will likely rot there. I do not like it, I will probably never like it. To each their own I suppose.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
^ I agree wholeheartedly. Paladin was actually the one I rolled first because I thought they would be OP (plate, heal, and dps when not needed to heal). Boy was I wrong. It was horrible. I never felt so much like a jack of all trades, who couldn't excel at anything aside from being an off-tank when crap hits the fan, which it did a lot. But perhaps I'm just not suited to their gameplay, like you also experienced.

I'm still a relative newbie though, as this is my first toon to 90. I've wanted to roll other healers like Druids and Shamans, but I've been afraid that I won't like their style either, and I'll be wasting my time again. I've actually leveling many characters, but hated grinding, so I could never make it without quitting. Can you give more in-depth thoughts on what those two healers feel like? Would I like them?
Edited by Vespereva on 1/17/2013 4:25 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]