What is your favorite healer?

90 Troll Shaman
1. Shaman. I love the theme of it best, I love that it feels very refreshing with all its blue watery goodness. I've been playing resto sham as my main since before icc and before that I played holy priest since late vanilla.

I was so excited when our heals turned blue from the green and gave a watery effect, and the watery chain heal is one of my favorite glyphs. Shaman feels very natural to me and I don't have to really think about what spell I want to use, it just flows nicely.

2. Paladin. I am a huge fan of the righteousness theme of paladins just in general.

3. Holy Priest. A lot of the spells of holy priest are just really cool, the whole idea of chakra is pretty neat to me, lightwell, guardian spirit, circle of healing, etc. I love my bagong best though. (prayer of mending)

4. Monk/Druid. I have played both these healers about the same amount of time, which is very little. I almost enjoy my druid more as a boomkin than resto. I like the lore and background of both, but I had a difficult time trying to heal on druid after being so used to more tank/raid healers like my paladin and shaman. The highest I've gotten a monk so far is only 43, so I don't really know how well I'll like it end game, but I do really like the play style and will at least get it to end game though my shaman will remain my main.

5. Disc Priest. I have nothing nice to say about this. I dislike them very much and do not find them fun at all. I do not like bubble, penance, archangel, atonement etc.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
1. Druid. I've been this druid since MC days, I do try to go to other healers here and there during tiers, but I always go back to it.

2. Monk. I don't know what it is, but their healing style is just so much fun. Do I fistweave? Do I just stay in Ranged and heal from there? So many options.

3. Priest. I don't know why, but I just enjoy having two different heal specs for one toon. If I get tired of Disc, I can go holy. Then if I get tired of Holy, I can go Disc. Just a fun all around class.

4. Shaman. Well, this is nothing against shaman since they are pretty damn good healers, I just like the other three more. I will say I love healing on my shaman in 5 mans/LFR just because I can Lust when other people NEVER use it.

5. Paladin. The only time I've played a paladin for a while was T11. They were a lot of fun. But ever since then, I just haven't touched it, so he'll have to be last.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
From all these comments, I'm glad to know a lot of people love resto druids. I thought I was one of the few....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/31/2013 03:51 PMPosted by Vespereva
From all these comments, I'm glad to know a lot of people love resto druids. I thought I was one of the few....

^ Same.

My top 3:

Druid - I love Resto healing. Although we've been a bit down on the healing spectrum, I find that we are still very mobile and fun to play. :) My ultimate favorite healing class.

Priest - I've tried rolling a priest, but I honestly don't think they're for me. I hear Disc is really fun though.

Paladin - really versatile class. Good healing, one of my favorites.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Priest
<----
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I have to do my favorites by Xpac.

Vanilla - Shaman
BC - Pally
Wrath - Priest
Cata - Paladin
MoP - Shaman

Overall I have to say shamans are closest to my heart. I like the idea of harnessing the elements to your cause. It also feels humerous to me, because when I cast riptide I'm essentially dumping a bucket of water on my teammates heads. When I cast healing rain on them they never have umbrellas. It's good times for sure. They are also one of the best clutch heal classes in my own opinion and are the easiest to use as back up dps when a situation in a fight calls for it.
Reply Quote
Druid is one of my all-time favorites. It was my first healer (I have every healer), and I loved being able to throw hots on and sprint around in different forms, tanking in bear and throwing out CC. Casting Tree of Life for the first time was amazing. I too like the flora growth concept behind them, they're very smooth.

I've really taken a liking to Mistweaver, simply because the playstyle in PvP is so fast-paced as I'm rolling around everywhere, sprinting behind enemy healers and spinning around and Paralyzing their backside and stunning people and casting big, heavy HoTs and reliable burst healing while running around the map at high speed. They're really fun.

Next up is probably Holy Paladin, my second ever healer. I wanted something that could get the job done quick and effectively compared to the druid HoT-style, and I really started falling in love with the instant big-healing and big-cooldown-popping style. Paladins, hammers, big hammer-like heals that slam into your friends and pound their HP way up. Those wings, that Sacred Shield, mmmhmm. They're heroic, man.

Only recently have I started getting into priests as I realize how intense and potentially fast-paced Disc gameplay actually is; keeping tabs on Evangelism/Archangel and Weakened Soul debuffs and having probably some of the most high skill-cap gameplay there is with Shadow Word: Death and pre-casting PS and PW:B in anticipation of CC such as stuns. Though I know SW:D isn't quite as important anymore because of Fade and Spectral Guise essentially performing the same task without as much effort. Fear battles between priests with Aura Mastery and fear ward are epic for whatever reason, and Leap of Faith is forever one of the most awesome things in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I played a holy priest in cata with off spec disc and raided with her, and also had a resto druid and now i'm leveling up this holy pally and I have to say that while the priest was fun I didn't like having to worry about so many tools at my disposal. Call me lazy if you will but I like the durability of the Hpally along with the direct heals and more rotation/cooldown based paladin. I think it makes it a lot simpler to keep track of. Pretty fun too whacking things with a hammer
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
01/16/2013 11:16 PMPosted by Vespereva
Haha, it seems mistweavers aren't really popular right now. But that could just be do to current balance.

Very true. At lower lvls the mistweaver is op and very easy to use. Yet once the MW hits Utgarde Keep lvl, the player must learn to manage their mana usage. I like this mistweaver but I am building a Shaman now and to be honest I am liking what I am seeing from the shammy more and more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This toon was my main healer since BC.

However, I levelled my hpally first this expansion - and while I'm using them both, I've fallen for my pally, who was a tank in late BC and wrath.

I really enjoy the holy power rhythm for some reason, it makes the tools she has feel more powerful than they are, and she's more mana efficient than I expected from seeing some of the complaints.

ATM, I feel like I'm more in tune with her than my priest or shammy - something I never thought I'd see myself saying. But I simply love to heal over tanking (2nd role I enjoy) or DPS (just can't stay interested in it.)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
This toon was my main healer since BC.

However, I levelled my hpally first this expansion - and while I'm using them both, I've fallen for my pally, who was a tank in late BC and wrath.

I really enjoy the holy power rhythm for some reason, it makes the tools she has feel more powerful than they are, and she's more mana efficient than I expected from seeing some of the complaints.

ATM, I feel like I'm more in tune with her than my priest or shammy - something I never thought I'd see myself saying. But I simply love to heal over tanking (2nd role I enjoy) or DPS (just can't stay interested in it.)

I'm in the same boat as you.

<--- My main from way back. Bored at the end of Cata, I leveled up my Pally. Used RDF as a healer to level up.

The mechanics of how a HPally works is clearly superior to healing Priests.

Beacon is a great mechanic for tank healing.
Mastery is a very useful stat
Holy Power allows you manage your resources better (pooling, or even DL your beacon target to generate more)
Simple healing spells that aren't completely situational.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mistweaving has been the most fun time I've had in WoW for a very long time. Working on my priest, and it feels stale, so I've been switching between Holy and Disc to keep the magic alive. I have yet to really try Shaman or Paladin heals, and I havne't touched my Horde druid since Zandalari.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

This monk was my very first healing toon. but I have to say I have fallen in love with healing and even plan on taking my pally to heals. My warlock is my main and then my fury warrior is my second favorite dps toon. I struggled thru the last expansion with my lock, when locks were nerfed so badly, that many hated to see a lock in a dgn party. I refused to give up on the warlock, and am so glad I didn't delete it.. But back to the subject of healing....

After being the dpser in the crowd for so long, that was sacrificed to keep the tank alive I see myself now making sure to keep all in a party alive. not just the tank. I think by being dps for so long that it has made me a much better healer than I would have been, rather than starting out as a healer.

As lore goes. I enjoy following in the footsteps of Thrall with my Shaman. What can I say ? To me Thrall is my hero. Honor, Loyalty, Integrity, and Strength enough to do the right thing, no matter what, goes a long way with me
Reply Quote
#1 - Druid: great mobility, shape shifting, HOTs

#2 - Disc: DPS healing is fun, bubbles

I have a Shaman healer, but I don't like the "turret" healing style. Also don't care for Holy's reactive style.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
VEX
My favorite is paladin. The most fun, IMO, is probably Holy Priest. They play like a druid with more interesting and dynamic tools. They lack the level of potency and control I like with my paladin and my discipline spec, and so unfortunately don't end up playing Holy much. Never really was amazing with shaman, mistweaver is pretty fun. Druid kind of boring, imo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Easily MW Monk - My main was a disc/holy priest up until MoP, but then they felt.. broken… mana was expensive, heals were slow… Monks are so versatile - ranged or melee, great CDs and tank-saving features, mana tea, Hots, direct heals, AoE, roll… I stay alive long after any others who wipe…. Just can't get enough!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I love disc priest the most mechanically. Barring I've never max level'd a monk or paladin healer.
I've loved everything about disc even when it was mostly a pvp spec. Back in the day the cool mechanics like extra PW:S absorb, innerfocus, and the spirit buff really drew me into discipline. And then pain suppression was another really cool ability that I was excited to have and don't even get me started on when Penance came out. It was over and done then. I was going to be disc forever from that point on. Even though I was already disc only and had never played shadow or holy on this character at the time.

When i learned to pve heal really well I always had a lot of fun as disc and I tried holy out for a little bit at the end of icc and just didn't enjoy it. Mostly because I didn't know how to heal properly and everyone telling me to "pre-emptive greater heal" made me mad. lol I tried it again in tier 11-cata because I thought I was doing poorly as disc but I didn't understand how to heal as holy so I went back to disc and was pretty happy with my new cooldown PW:B and with atonement healing.

I ended up really pushing harder to get better at healing and ended up becoming a phenomenal disc priest by the end of cata and continue to work hard at it now. Through all of the disc changes I am just in love with this class and this play style. Absorbs are probably the most fun healing mechanic I've ever played with.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I enjoy healing on my shaman a lot, been healing on him since Naxx/Ulduar.
Started priest healing in Cata, having fun with it so far.
Monk healing is fun, but kinda iffy. Feels a bit odd sometimes.
Paladin healing is a tad boring, but still somewhat enjoyable.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Right now I'm loving holy paladin. If I had to reroll healer I would probably do Shaman or Resto Druid. Mistweaver seems neat but I don't like the idea of having to melee heal... and priests dont seem very good at pvp right now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been a Holy Paladin for close to 8 years so I'll go with Holy Paladin.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]