90 Human Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8397168/PvP_Gear_in_52_and_Beyond-1_17_2013

Personally feel this is dumb.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
It's proof that Blizzard doesn't know WTF to do.

I should probably level Ci up.
Reply Quote
27 Pandaren Warrior
Just curious as to why you feel this is dumb.

Seems better than the rich get richer method they've been using.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It's encouraging participation. Players who would've gotten 2200 weapons ASAP in previous seasons will just have to wait a few weeks longer; their higher valor cap will have them above the curve anyway. After hitting 27,000 Conquest for the season, if not fully geared already, they'll be encouraged to go back into BGs and play for honor to get more gear, or gear up an offspec or something.

Throw out the word "deserve" and I'm probably gonna throttle you. Blizzard just changed the rules. People who 'deserve' T2 weapons now need to amass 27,000 Conquest for the season, period. I think that's pretty cool for players who have fun bumming around 2v2 but don't want to play uber-competitively.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Mage
It's Blizzard's answer to all the win-trading and carries. If you don't think that happens,you need to take a stroll to the PvP forums. Threads about them pop up like clockwork.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's encouraging participation. Players who would've gotten 2200 weapons ASAP in previous seasons will just have to wait a few weeks longer; their higher valor cap will have them above the curve anyway. After hitting 27,000 Conquest for the season, if not fully geared already, they'll be encouraged to go back into BGs and play for honor to get more gear, or gear up an offspec or something.

Throw out the word "deserve" and I'm probably gonna throttle you. Blizzard just changed the rules. People who 'deserve' T2 weapons now need to amass 27,000 Conquest for the season, period. I think that's pretty cool for players who have fun bumming around 2v2 but don't want to play uber-competitively.

All anyone will play now are RBGs since they give way more conquest. If they wanted gear to be equal they should have just removed elite gear altogether.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm indifferent, no strong feelings or opinions either way I look at it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I really like it. On the other hand, it encourages botting even more than before.

But I will be very happy to get rid of my 450 fist weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
So.... we can all have more hunter weapons now? Why would that be a bad thing?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
01/18/2013 05:55 PMPosted by Ryöka
So.... we can all have more hunter weapons now?

No...just no.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/18/2013 06:18 PMPosted by Asylum
So.... we can all have more hunter weapons now?

No...just no.

Hey, if you don't want yours, that's fine. More for the rest of us.

I wonder if any of the elite pvp hunter weapons have the whisk attachment like the last one Oolaki gave me...
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
I like it.

What's wrong with it besides super-elite PVPers lack of being special anymore?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Being special will come at the end of the season, I guess. Or from Achievements for Rated Battlegrounds. I mean Rondo has every RBG Achievement...300 wins. It is impressive, pretty special too.

And Ryöka I just do not want Hunters to have more weapons, ever. I mean you have pets, things that swirl around you and protect you from me (sometimes twice), you've taken my stealth too, and you have that big arrow thingy you put over my head! No more hunter weapons for you.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
Just curious as to why you feel this is dumb.

Seems better than the rich get richer method they've been using.

That the way this game has always been, PvP or even PvE.

Granted since BC, there is always a point were 'welfare' epics come into play. All I mean is, Blizzard doesn't seem to know how to control their game, so they just come up with new experiments.

I personally want to participate in a game where I know what the damn rules are, not one where they will change the rules on the fly because ppl can't PvP without being given gear. If I wanted to play a game where everyone was on an equal playing field, there are plenty to choose from.

I am not afraid to admit that either. I thoroughly enjoy being able to handle 2-3 players on my own because I put the TIME in doing arenas and RBG each week.

Blizzard stated that MoP wasn't meant to be 'alt-friendly'. This act makes MoP exactly the opposite. I simply don't like maintaining more than one toon at a time.

Note: This is coming from someone who DOES NOT have T2. In fact, I can crush people that DO have T2; That shouldn't be make or break. There is little incentive to be at the top now as it is, let alone now; might as well remove ratings altogether.

And while we are at it, remove conquest points altogether, and let there just be an Honor set.

Oh, and remove rep requirements for Valor gear and mounts, it's only a natural progression. I pay $15 a month, too.

/endrant
Edited by Zg on 1/19/2013 8:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
01/19/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Zg
I personally want to participate in a game where I know what the damn rules are, not one where they will change the rules on the fly because ppl can't PvP without being given gear.

If Kiraleen's suggestion is in any way correct, people are already being 'given' gear. Find and suggest a better way to dismantle win-trading/carrying and getting rewarded with gear that one hasn't done any work for. Gear should never be the reason why someone can dismantle two or three decent players at a time.
Reply Quote
27 Pandaren Warrior
I do see where Zg is coming from (I may not fully agree, but I do know that this is still a game, and people should have something to show for their higher dedication and/or skill. I would simply prefer that the more elite PvPers be given other means of showing off that don't involve a subtle, but innate stat advantage), but I just wanted to say..

People have been artificially carried to high ratings ever since Season 1 in BC. Yes, even before ratings were actually required for weapons back in S1 and 2. I've been here since the start of Arenas, and it's still pretty much a daily request in Trade; buying carries for gold, etc. Big business.

The grind is kind of off-putting, but there were glaring issues w/ the system that we've all gotten used to. Namely all of the carries to better gear, and specifically people who would grind out a high rating and then do barely anything for the rest of the season just to cash in on their reward.

I still think there should be something to show off as a status reward for the better PvPers (besides just the end of season rewards), perhaps a sexier color of the elite PvP gear and bring back the tabard, etc.
Edited by Machival on 1/19/2013 9:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Thinking back to all the times I could solo more than one person at a time, it was due to class mechanics, not gear.

I also can't help but feel those who like the current gear disparity just enjoy being able to poop on other players without effort. I'd imagine many of them have "twinks".
Edited by Shuihuotu on 1/19/2013 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They should at least keep the elite gear (not the weapon which is the only thing that gives bonus stats with the elite gear) cosmetic. They need milestones, not just throwing awards out at people. Though I do feel that the 27,000 conquest required to get the weapon is fair. I do not however feel that the gear that gives no item level should be awarded to players after getting a 27,000 conquest cap, that is not a milestone that deserves rewards. You could easily compare it to blizzard handing out heroic iL PvE gear after earning 13,000 or so valor. I do like all of the other changes they are making in PvP next season besides this one. I think it's going to be one of the best seasons yet if classes aren't running around one shotting everything like this season.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/19/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Zg
Blizzard stated that MoP wasn't meant to be 'alt-friendly'. This act makes MoP exactly the opposite. I simply don't like maintaining more than one toon at a time.

Tell me...I am a long time Altoholic and this expansion has been long. Got 7 90s and have 5 more to go...not counting a monk on both sides of the faction fence. That said, I do love playing my alts, its allows me to experience a different flavor of the game as opposed to playing just one toon.

Bottom line, I am following my theory while back in college...Quanity greater than Quality. Then I met my wife...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
01/19/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Bobcat
Bottom line, I am following my theory while back in college...Quanity greater than Quality. Then I met my wife...

How's supper treating you there, Bob? ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]