Shaman vs HPally

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Hey, I want to start a healing class and it came down to Shaman or Hpally.

Which class is better overall in Arena?

Which class is better in BGs??

Which class is better in PVE?

Which class is better at surviving lots of damage?

THANKS
Edited by Quickskull on 1/18/2013 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Paladin. Period.

I'd call Shaman closer in BG's and PvE, mostly due to raid wide CD's and just the best in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Both are great, I have both a 90 pally and shaman. I personally find shaman a LOT more fun to play than an hpally, but hpallies are pretty effective too. It depends on what you enjoy more, shamans do lots of aoe healing and are good when a player's health is low, because of the big healing bonus. I also enjoy shaman more because of wolf form, you can move out of !@#$ faster, you can turn wolf during the first boss of HoF and the MC will not effect you, and the totems/ascendance are amazing.

I used to play my paladin all the time, but once I decided to try shaman, i never looked back.

So again, really depends on how you wanna play the game as a healer.

Oh, and also, I hear shamans are great for arena and rbgs, but paladins are also, hey have bubbles and great defensive cds for large grps.
Edited by Magicdolphin on 1/19/2013 5:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Hey, I want to start a healing class and it came down to Shaman or Hpally.

Which class is better overall in Arena?

Which class is better in BGs??

Which class is better in PVE?

Which class is better at surviving lots of damage?

THANKS

Arena: Shaman by a hair. Depends on comp though.

BG's: Shaman again. But again Pally is no slouch.

PVE: 10 man: Paladin by a mile; 25man: Paladin by a bit

Survivng Damage: DEFINITELY Pallies. This is a Resto Shaman weakpoint
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I've got my 85 paladin and 85 shaman and having a hard time deciding. I'm not interested in PVP at all, purely PVE.

This would be an alt, mainspec heals character, but I'd like to have a decent DPS offspec. Primarily alt raids in my guild, 10man, or pugging if I miss the alt raid.

My main is my lock, and my other 90 is my blood mainspec DK, with frost offspec. So I already have a melee plate DPS / tank capable character. So leaning towards the shaman a little bit.

Shaman seems a bit more positional and would like 25 mans more, for stacking and such.

DOes either ret or enchance/ele have a good edge in DPS? Both classes seem middle/bottom of the pack from a DPS perspective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]