486 ilvl requirement for thunder king LFR?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/04/2013 08:30 PMPosted by Vanarela
You can get a 496 trinket and belt with valour points, various 489 items with valour points, as well as being able to upgrade all of your 483s with valour points. There's even crafted epics available.

01/04/2013 08:39 PMPosted by Aladster
That valor gear is ez stuff to get, and you've got plenty of time to start working on that rep.

But, but those are completely "optional" content and thusly making it so "some" people would "have to do them" goes against everything Blizzard and many players have been saying since MoP was released.

I am currently at a 483 average 482 equipped I run LFR everyweek and only that. So saying hey hey you can go do dailys and get upgrades just to see the LFR version of this raid is redunkulous.

I see it being changed and tuned a bit lower maybe at 480-483 somewhere entrance to the raid either before or shortly after it goes live.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm at 482.

I'm not going to get much higher unless I can get an offhand weapon.

I've been using this heroic dungeon claw for ages now. Shek'zeer and Gara'jal both refuse to spit me out a claw.

So I'll be stuck back in T14 raid finder because of bad RNG. Because I dual wield. Yeah.

And no, I have no other options for weapons outside RNG drops.

No, I don't PvP. PvP gear in PvE is dirty anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You can purchase the Klaxxi necklace at honored, which you reach just questing through the zone. A few days of dailies will even get you to revered. You can buy at least two 476 pieces of the AH or make the yourself once you get honored with GL. At honored with them you can buy a ring.
Shieldwall even gives you 496 and is fast due to the one-time quests between. One at honored and I think 3 at revered.

I finished the zone shortly after 90(dread wastes) and had halfway through revered with Klaxxi.

That commendation is awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You can get a 496 trinket and belt with valour points, various 489 items with valour points, as well as being able to upgrade all of your 483s with valour points. There's even crafted epics available.

That valor gear is ez stuff to get, and you've got plenty of time to start working on that rep.

But, but those are completely "optional" content and thusly making it so "some" people would "have to do them" goes against everything Blizzard and many players have been saying since MoP was released.

I am currently at a 483 average 482 equipped I run LFR everyweek and only that. So saying hey hey you can go do dailys and get upgrades just to see the LFR version of this raid is redunkulous.

I see it being changed and tuned a bit lower maybe at 480-483 somewhere entrance to the raid either before or shortly after it goes live.

To get to the content you want to do, you need to to the prerequisite content beforehand. You need 486 to do the Thunder King LFR, therefore you need to do the prerequisite content before you are able to do so. If that means getting off your cheeks to do some dailies or to raid normal mode, so be it.

Everything in the game is optional. Raiding in its entirety is optional. If you want to see Thunder King in LFR, you're going to do what's required to do so, because while all of the content is optional, certain things are required to succeed. An item level requirement to do LFR is one of those things.

I utterly hate heroics, but guess what? Because I like raiding, I needed to do those things to get gear. Hell, I still need to do those things to valour cap every week. Heroics are entirely optional content. Raids are entirely optional content. Because I've elected to raid, though, I am forced to do heroic five-mans. They are required. Period, end of story. Even though I hate them, I do them anyway.

It's the same sort of thing here. You've elected to raid LFR. There are certain requirements that must be met to be able to do so.
Edited by Vanarela on 1/4/2013 10:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
2. You most assuredly do NOT get the Klaxxi neck (it's actually the ring, necklace is Golden Lotus) from just doing the normal quests. Doing just the normal quests will put you well shy of exalted (which is where those ring/necklace unlocks). And unless you plan on farming the ever living crap out of the Dread Amber Shards, you're doing dailies to reach exalted.

Umm it is a neck and it is available at Honored which is easly achievable from the normal zone quests. You can even see that it says Klaxxi - Honored on my profile...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/05/2013 12:01 AMPosted by Astriel
2. You most assuredly do NOT get the Klaxxi neck (it's actually the ring, necklace is Golden Lotus) from just doing the normal quests. Doing just the normal quests will put you well shy of exalted (which is where those ring/necklace unlocks). And unless you plan on farming the ever living crap out of the Dread Amber Shards, you're doing dailies to reach exalted.

Umm it is a neck and it is available at Honored which is easly achievable from the normal zone quests. You can even see that it says Klaxxi - Honored on my profile...

Gotchas, I thought you meant the final quest reward that comes after you hit exalted.
Klaxxi gives a final quest which when completed, the reward is a 489 ring.
Similarly, Golden Lotus also has a final quest whose reward is a 489 necklace.

Also, you're a human and are in a level 25 guild, which means you're getting a 20% bonus to all faction turn in. Human + guild perk will put you into low honored once you complete the lead up quests to unlock the first set of dailies. Without the perks however, you do need to do some dailies to reach honored. I remember doing the calculations and it wasn't a lot, but still some was needed.

Nevertheless, two 489 items aren't going to be enough to put you over the 486 line. Even if you managed to get incredibly lucky from LFR (yeah right), you're still shy between 33 to 36 item points. That's an awful lot of valor upgrades.

So basically what is needed for T15 LFR is:

1. Get lucky on the LFR rolls (or Sha/Galleon rolls).
2. And not get dupes (I've banked more T14 LFR tokens than I've actually used).
3. Make sure to get at least to honored status with Klaxxi and Golden Lotus.
4. Spend 2500 VP on ring/neck.
5. And burn through approximately 6 to 7 weeks worth of VP on upgrading items. Assuming of course, you cap VP every week.

I won't even bother listing the notion that someone who wants to do T15 LFR should be first require to do T14 normal. The absurdity of that argument shouldn't need to be explained.

Personally, if T15 LFR stays at 486 required level, it's basically a tacit admission from Blizzard that yes, for LFR gear progression, dailies are required.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I have 2 Normal raid items and I'm not at 486. Albeit my Ring and one of my Trinkets are still blue, but I've been running LFR every week since I could get into it, so RNG is a hoebag.

Also I hate doing dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

It's still completely optional.

You limiting yourself and slowing your progression down has nothing to do with that, never has, never will.

You're still very well capable of progressing solely via LFR, it just isn't at the same rate as raiders or heroic raiders... which is how it's always been, except now, you have your own little option owing to being time-strapped or whatever it is that keeps you away.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

I thought dailies were supposed to be optional. Are you saying that they aren't now?

He's also wrong.
There's no item in game that will allow you to reach 486 average item level if all other pieces are 483.

To go from 483 to 486, you need 3 average item level, which means for a 15 slot class (i.e., using a 2Her or range weapon), you need +45 points. So 483 + 45 = 528. Even if you took the heroic elite gear from Terrace (516) and upgraded it twice (+8), it would only be 524, which won't be enough.

For 16 slot toons (dual-wielders), it's +48 points, or a 531 item level gear. Good luck.

There are three ways to reach 486 without grinding faction:

1. LFR (483 items) + VP gear (there are four pieces which all unlock at honored, two of them are readily available without doing a single daily--the other two aren't since they are off shado/august) + VP upgrades.
2. LFR (483 items) + VP upgrades.
3. LFR + Sha/Galleon + VP upgrades.

In option 1, assuming you get all 483 + 2 pieces of 489, assuming 15 slots, you need 33 more item points, so you need to upgrade 5 pieces (due to rounding, 4 might be enough, hard to say) fully. Which is 5 * 1500 = 7500 valor points (not including the 2500 you burned for the neck/ring). For 16 slots, it's the same (unless the rounding for 15 only needs 4, in which case for 16 you need 5 items fully upgraded).

In option 2, you need 6 items fully upgraded (doesn't matter for 15 vs. 16). That's 6 * 1500, or 9000 VP total. Option 2 is actually *faster* than option 1 in this case because the points/valor for the two VP gear pieces aren't as good. However, option 1 is slightly less RNG dependent.

Option 3 is variable but you should be able to do the math. For 16 slot classes, start with 48 and subtract 10 for every non-PvP Sha/Galleon pieces you get (PvP pieces don't count, they're just 483) and the rest can be spread over the VP upgrades which are +8 points for 1500 VP. For 15 slot classes, start at 45.

In all cases, however you're completely dependent on RNG. If RNG likes you, great you'll be ready for 5.2 LFR probably long before it drops. If not, well you might seriously think about grinding dailies.

Ummm, I'm sitting on 485 (as of typing this) and I haven't so much as received one piece of normal raid gear from any 10/25 normal mode raid. The closest so that I've gotten is LFR and vendor pieces, a ring of Galleon, and some of them upgraded, 486 is reasonable in every respect. If you don't have 486 come Throne of Thunder, then you obviously need to either continue doing Normal Mogu'shan Vaults for 489 gear, LFR Heart of Fear or Terrace of Endless Spring for 483 gear, or normal Heart or Terrace for 496 gear. Blizz is not putting in a new 5 man heroic in with the patch, so the same item progression is more or less hold solid come 5.2. If you are decked out in full LFR gear and are still short, then the next logical step is HoF 10/25 normal or to use extra valor points on either rep gear or item upgrades.
Edited by Ellius on 1/8/2013 9:06 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]