Challenge mode set IMO worst DK set in game

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I want challenge mode gear, my guild even wants me to tank them but I find the DK set to be one of the worst looking sets I have ever seen, which drives me away from wanting to do challenge modes at all.

Anyone else with me on this?
Edited by Ríver on 1/5/2013 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
I completely disagree.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
depends on the race. I really wanted the gear back when I was a tauren, but since changing to dwarf I just don't really want the gear as bad. I still really enjoy CMs though and will probably go back to finishing the golds once progression is over. Still 3 bosses to go before we can get into the PTR and start the process all over again :P
Reply Quote
The helm is...fish-eyed silliness. I hate the belt, too. The rest of it is pretty shiny though. You're aware of the animations it has, right? Those are really the selling point, you can't just look at a picture of it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I really like it, granted I feel the color selection could be better, I still like it very much.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
01/05/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Mighella
I really like it, granted I feel the color selection could be better, I still like it very much.

That tote's wouldn't work out with difference colors.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Ya, it's too bright, it's ok for a frost set but doesn't look right as UH or Blood.

And ya, the animations solidify it even more as the frost set.
Edited by Postonforums on 1/6/2013 4:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It's a status symbol like every other cosmetic item in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I want it. I wouldn't show the helm, but I want it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Yeah I disagree. The set may not be as "evil" as one would expect for a death knight, but the amount of detail Blizzard put in the set, including the special effects that occur during the casting of certain spells makes it more than attractive enough for me to want to do challenge modes. The helm design, the flat vent lines that point to the floor, could be tweaked a little bit so it seems to conforms to the shape of our faces (one way or another) rather than looking like it's smashing my orc's nose which would probably make him talk funny as one would with a smashed nose. o.O It's a small gripe, but I like the set overall.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
now the warlock set, i'd be gold x9 months ago if it looked anything as cool as that
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
It's definitely not *great*, but I wouldn't say it's bad, either. I do like that it's noticeably brighter than most of our sets, but having the Yak horns and fur kinda throws it off. Personally, I would have hoped to get Arthas's exact armor as a Death Knight, complete with the sapphire-inlaid belt, the short-sleeve "scale-mail shirt", and those *MASSIVE* furry boots!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I love the dk challenge mode set. Which is why I'm slowly working away at them. Admittedly, I'll probably transmog the acherus knight's girdle over the belt though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I do like some of the other set a lot more, like the druid set for one.
our sets not bad if you hide the gate face imo =)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The set is awsome just for the reason almost no one has it and most never will. It does look best on taurens though. If you really want something to complain about look at the shaman set.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I like it because it only has 4 skulls compared to the 42+ skulls on each of our tier sets.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
When I first saw it on MMO champion I was a bit discouraged. However, being a transmog nut myself (I have every DK tier set in the game)... It is without a doubt the best they've ever released. Not only does it manage to have a death knight style to it, but it manages to do this without skulls on the shoulders and helmet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]