Check our heals please

90 Human Priest
Could someone who is savvy with shaman healing take a look at our shaman's heals. He is generally lower than the other two healers and i was just curious if its because the other two healers are absorb healers or if there is anything he can improve upon. Also if you see anything I can improve upon as well criticism is welcome. Thanks in advance.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z41q8ih6vlkjxakm/sum/healingDone/?s=4495&e=4824
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Looks like the shaman could use cd's a little better. Room for 2 HTT and ascendence but 1 or none used. Uptimes could be a little better but are not bad.

Healing with a paladin and disc for a shaman is rough as your shields negate shaman mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
His earth shield uptime isn't quite as high as it should be, though it's not bad. 70% is definitely a room for improvement number though. His riptide uptime looks like it's quite good.

My question to you would be, was he assigned to primarily heal the tanks? His greater heal usage seems to reflect that.

Also, if your ranged aren't clumping up like they should, he won't be getting the numbers he could be getting by abusing healing rain.

It could also be the fact that there's just not enough damage to heal, though. Your priest used his spirit shell almost on cooldown (i count 4 uses although i may be reading it wrong), so that's sponging up a significant chunk.

Also... on 3 healing fights, there will almost always be a healer that LOOKS like a scrub. It's just easier to be that healer if you can't absorb damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
HC
I'd most likely chalk it up to him co-healing with a paladin and disc priest. He's not much lower than you all, but you have to understand the concept of a theoretical HPS cap in raids. Every time someone takes damage that isn't raid damage and is purely the raiders fault then it increases the HPS cap that can be reached.

I'm skimming the logs now to see if there are actual things that he can improve on even though just by looking at hps from all 3 healers that he isn't really the low man on the totem pole.

His earth shield uptime seems a low. His riptide up time is good. His tidal waves uptime seems reasonable based on the fight I'm looking at (assuming he doesn't have 4pc).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z41q8ih6vlkjxakm/sum/healingDone/?s=8437&e=8799
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Pretty much the absorb thing. and on the last attempt, he died, so there goes his mana.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
HC
Looks like the shaman could use cd's a little better. Room for 2 HTT and ascendence but 1 or none used. Uptimes could be a little better but are not bad.

Healing with a paladin and disc for a shaman is rough as your shields negate shaman mastery.

I suppose this really depends on damage patterns and how it interacted with the priest's SS usage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Awesome guys. Great feedback. He's an awesome player and i figured it was mostly the absorb sniping his heals. But I'm in charge of the heal team in our raid group and we are pushing heroics so im just checking to see where we can improve where we can. I'll let him know to try and get a little more uptime on earthshield, and scold the raid for not stacking to make use of his aoe heals. Thanks again guys. Loads of help.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]