What is the current state of Ret PVP

90 Human Paladin
Been gone for about a year and coming back solely for PVP, but I feel squishy in BGs. I'm pretty sure its cause i'm under geared but still, what is the current state of Ret in PVP? I'd like to hear your opinions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/08/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Gulruun
If you like the class you will have fun with some more gear just in random bgs and wpvp. But as for say 3s or rbgs we are not rly wanted. Its a shame though I think we could bring allot to the table is some other classes just got toned down a bit how cc works. I hope 5.2 fixes that.

I have noticed that many other classes have some ridiculous amount of CC. The fears are crazy! I'm not sure about this, but I thought I saw a spriest go invis! Is this true?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/08/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Gulruun
It is like invis in a way but not a game changer for me when i fight them. The heals actualy are what you have to worry about.

Completely agree, but just like mages invis, I don't think a caster class should have stealth. It should be unique to rogues and ferals.

Just a thought: If any plate wearers got a invis... god... i'd hate to see all the "nerf" spam in the forums
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We are the new glass cannons.

Anything that can fear will butt !%*%@!@@ you. Try avoid locks and shadpriests.

Our survivability is about as good as a burger in the Klump house so dont be surprised if you die fast. Bubble will be dispelled faster than you can say 'Huzzah! Im Untouchab......"

Our pvp damage is somewhat ok. Im sporting around 52% pvp power so my burst is reasonably meaty. We still run around the battlefield like idiots though with no gap closer.

gl
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You are hideously undergeared, but we are still squishy because our heals suck hard now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
if you like being subpar on damage and heals but look good doing it ret is for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This season has a giant gear curve, once you get 3-4 piece Dreadful it starts to pick up, and you'll noticed the change from Dreadful to Malevolent has a huge stat upgrade this time around, just keep kiting and rping as a holy paladin as ret (we do that anyway), you'll notice the jump in survivability in a few more Dreadful pieces.

Only real annoyance is that there's no honor weapon to aid you on your way to t1 while t1 has 4k+ pvp power, keep doing Lfr weekly to get a Starshatter sword http://www.wowhead.com/item=86799#screenshots
Edited by Blazeyheart on 1/9/2013 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Once I started getting gear, I felt a lot more comfortable when being attacked. Though it can still eat your health quickly if you are not aware or don't play defensively when you need to.

As a side note, is there a cap for Haste in PvP?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Even geared im nothing compared to my lock or even my under geared warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Be prepared to be frustrated a lot. The amount of cc in this game right now its absurd, our sustain damage its also pretty garbage without a PvP tier weapon (and even with one it still pretty bad if we compare to a DK or War).

It can be fun though, if people forget to cc us or use their defensive skills in our cds, we can destroy pretty much everyone (still need some gear differences though; a hpally with 65%+ of resilience can be pretty much immortal considering our lack of cc).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I feel squishy, everything else I like.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So... in general.... we are squishier than in Cata, we do not have hardly any decent CC/snare, and we are more gear dependent. Is this a good consensus?
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
Snare from BoG is pretty good, losing baseline repent and no true gap closer you'll still be chasing targets around a bit. In situations where you have 2 ranged on you an instant repent to lock 1 down was very key to mitigating some damage along with closing distance.The loss of judgement providing 20% attack speed dbuff was a huge spike in damage . With well over a 100% to our selfhealing, mutiple ranged just melt cc train you. Baseline HoJ should be on a 30 sec cd and talented to 15-20 sec being we arent providing any kind of Mstrike or healing absorb as a melee.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
We'll be as good as GC lets us be......so we're @^&^#$.

Our only hope is if he decides to play Ret.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We're at the bottom of the trash, just under the rotten meat, just side by side with Enhancement on the balance forsaken land.

But, hey, if there's not enough Rogues/Monks on the top PVP, they DO SOMTHING RIGHT AWAY! Mages, Locks and Druids are never down the top pack, and of course, they can say Paladins are fine for PVP, just reroll Holy. It's not like the game is to be balanced for every spec... just the one Blizzard likes. They just deny it, so we can get frustrated trying to compete, so they have something to laugh about on the friday nights.
Reply Quote
We're at the bottom of the trash, just under the rotten meat, just side by side with Enhancement on the balance forsaken land.

But, hey, if there's not enough Rogues/Monks on the top PVP, they DO SOMTHING RIGHT AWAY! Mages, Locks and Druids are never down the top pack, and of course, they can say Paladins are fine for PVP, just reroll Holy. It's not like the game is to be balanced for every spec... just the one Blizzard likes. They just deny it, so we can get frustrated trying to compete, so they have something to laugh about on the friday nights.

I hate paladins like you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]