DeathBeforeDishonor is recruiting.

90 Night Elf Death Knight
DeathBeforeDishonor is recruiting for our core team. We are currently seeking a Healer(non pally) and a DPS. DPS that is currently being sought after for the best raid composition for our team is as follows. A Shadow Priest, Shammy, Monk, Paladin, or Warrior. We raid on Tuesday, Thursday, and Monday at 8 server. We would like to progress further than we are and push into heroics but we need a steady team to do that. We provide feasts, flasks, potions, and repairs for all raiders. If you are interested please send me an in-game mail or pst me. Thank you and good luck to all who are interested.
Reply Quote
What Jerda won't tell you is just how dysfunctional the raid team is. For example, he's not even as geared or skilled as his off-tank Danegrtank, but because of his huge ego, he insists on being the main tank which puts un-needed stress on the healers.

His main healer Sora should probably enroll in holy paladin school because 40k HPS isn't gonna cut it. (and that's when she isn't throwing a hissy fit & quitting the guild)

Also lots of arguments in vent between guild members & people constantly AFK'ing. About the only good thing this raid team has going for it is decent DPS, but because they don't know how to avoid damage from mechanics, (tornados anyone?) all that DPS goes out the window once they die.

The one thing I will agree with Jerda about is the fact that you'll need a fair amount of 'good luck' on this raid team. Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Meeeeeoowwwwww
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Warrior
Mudkip
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Ok I definitely need some popcorn.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Lmfao Valkyrie... you go gurl, SNAP. <3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Valkrie is just a child. He is butt hurt bc he had a raid member on ignore and I simply asked for him to take them off of ignore bc that is disrepectful to my team and my guild. The only reason his ilvl is higher than mine is bc he has the LFR axe off of sha and it hasnt dropped for me. He is also the OT bc he does have a dps set built that we still work on and I do not. Valkrie is an immature raider and is known by many people to be that way. Maybe if he could not stand in stupid so he lasts longer in HoF instead of trying to bubble everyone to pad healing meters he would be on a decent raid team instead of sitting in half rate guilds trying to talk smack on other people. This childish response from him is exactly the reason I didnt want to post onto the forums. There is always atleast one troll that cant keep their mouth shut and mind their own buisiness once in a while.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Regardless of what Valk said. The team is still recruiting. If you are interested, then reply. If not, move on to the next thread please and thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Lol Valk, of course i'm not going to outheal a priest with relatively the same item level as me who does nothing but jump the gun to pop cooldowns so he/she can overheal with bubbles and other priesty garbage. That's just common sense? My class isn't exactly built to be a better raid/group healer than a priest. You want to get all salty about low hps because you think your on a higher level than everyone? How about you let your burst heals do the talking so you can actually keep a tank alive on Will. Lol, I'm not sure exactly what crawled up your butt and died, but whatever it is it certainly has a loud mouth because all you do is spit out of your A$5.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Spirit Shell is too OP you know. Just like my Demon Portal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
hps doesn't really mean !@#$ (unlike dps which can matter if you're hitting enrage timers, etc). If people are dying, either personal/raid cds are not being used correctly, or the healers are not producing enough output. If nobody is dying, the healers are doing their job, period. Which healers heal for what really doesn't matter either - a lot of it has to do with fight mechanics, heal sniping, raid vs. tank healing, personal mana pool use preference, etc. If, and only if, people are dying despite correct cd usage should consistent healer output numbers even be considered. Stupid people and their recount obsession.

mt/ot needs can vary greatly - I haven't done anything this expansion, but there were several fights in cata/wrath where the ot had to hold aggro on multiple targets, while the mt only had to hold one target. Having a more skilled/geared ot made those fights smoother. In pure tank switch fights, sure, it would make more sense to have the more geared player be mt, but nowadays player skill has a lot more to play in how much damage is taken than a few item levels.

Any casual/semicasual raid will have its fair share of chatter and afk'ing. It's a social event, get over it. If you want a hardcore raid, go join a hardcore raid team.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
hps doesn't really mean !@#$ (unlike dps which can matter if you're hitting enrage timers, etc). If people are dying, either personal/raid cds are not being used correctly, or the healers are not producing enough output. If nobody is dying, the healers are doing their job, period. Which healers heal for what really doesn't matter either - a lot of it has to do with fight mechanics, heal sniping, raid vs. tank healing, personal mana pool use preference, etc. If, and only if, people are dying despite correct cd usage should consistent healer output numbers even be considered. Stupid people and their recount obsession.

mt/ot needs can vary greatly - I haven't done anything this expansion, but there were several fights in cata/wrath where the ot had to hold aggro on multiple targets, while the mt only had to hold one target. Having a more skilled/geared ot made those fights smoother. In pure tank switch fights, sure, it would make more sense to have the more geared player be mt, but nowadays player skill has a lot more to play in how much damage is taken than a few item levels.

Any casual/semicasual raid will have its fair share of chatter and afk'ing. It's a social event, get over it. If you want a hardcore raid, go join a hardcore raid team.

This. This for days
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Warrior
I just wanna say, Jerd, you're a tard.

Sora, everything Valk said about you, is 100% correct.

And Bizzy, I love you.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Sorä
Lol Valk, of course i'm not going to outheal a priest with relatively the same item level as me who does nothing but jump the gun to pop cooldowns so he/she can overheal with bubbles and other priesty garbage.

"Other priesty garbage"

Yeah..

Maybe playing a healer isn't for you Sora, I'm sure you'd prefer the mindless button-mashing a DPS class would afford you.

Or maybe WoW in general is just too difficult for ya, but no worries, there's plenty of facebook games out there that are much easier.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Don't stop now i just got my popcorn
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/23/2013 03:40 PMPosted by Valkyrie
Or maybe WoW in general is just too difficult for ya

I'm pretty sure WoW isn't too difficult for your average toddler, let alone a reasonably sane adult.

Every damn expansion simplifies the game and makes it easier. Not that it was terribly difficult in the first place.

And to say healing is harder than dps'ing is ridiculous. They just happen to be inversely related - the better the dps, the easier it is to heal and vise versa. If you consistently heal for retarded dps, of course you're going to be delusional about how 'hard' healing is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Every damn expansion simplifies the game and makes it easier. Not that it was terribly difficult in the first place.

MoP is a definite step up from Cata.
Healing is a different art then DPS, and tanking its own subject as well. Shall we compare art to mathematics to physics to astrology :)? Each has its perks, downfalls, and elusive pleasures.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/23/2013 11:16 PMPosted by Lunarlife
Shall we compare art to mathematics to physics to astrology

Sure thing, astrology is bull crap superstition lmao XD

I do like your point though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]