A message to Ravencrest's Raiding Guilds

100 Tauren Druid
01/09/2013 05:06 PMPosted by Raziya
PWRS was the group horde side.

From someone that was in PWRS i cant speak for everyone and im not saying it can never work but its really hard for a few reasons.
Everyone plays this game for different reasons, normally you join a like minded guild when you put 4 different guilds together your bound to have different personalities clashing.

Ultimately PWRS died because people quit, others didn't want to carry people, people clashed personalty wise and some of that even split guilds apart.
It was really fun while it lasted and we kicked !@# (and pissed a few guilds off) but i dont think it was really worth killing off 2 guilds in the end.

This server is fun but im not sure it will ever be a hardcore raiding server no matter what people attempt to put together.

01/12/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Iracor
You can't really blame LFR for why this server is terrible.

^^ been here for 6 years its always been the same.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
What ever happened to the leading 10 man raiding guild 'Never Scared' or something like that?
Edited by Splitail on 1/17/2013 10:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/17/2013 10:33 PMPosted by Splitail
What ever happened to the leading 10 man raiding guild 'Never Scared' or something like that?

If you're referring to Doesn't Afraid - they're only 10/16 Normal.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Not one mention of Relic? A guild around since BC? :(
Oh well...

Problem one is all about the lack of people. I used to make a joke in Cataclysm, because it was true, that "I can /who Orgrimmar 85 at any time of day and get less than 50 people."
It makes it hard to form even ten mans. Frequently groups run short and need to pug it- or have people perform outside of their role. It makes the whole raiding aspect much more difficult.

Problem two...the mindsets. As I've said, I work hard to figure out what it is to be a monk. I learned techniques that some people would never even CONSIDER doing during some fights and using abilities that would otherwise never be used, either as damage mitigation or as a DPS boost. I can't speak for everyone about how much effort is put into it, but there have been cases where flasks/potions would have made us kill a boss instead of wipe- and not everyone is giving it their all.

Problem three...as mentioned earlier...LFR. I don't think it's the fact that it's 'faceroll' but more of the fact that "Yeah we've killed this guy and seen what there is to be seen." Hardcore raids are killing bosses on THREE difficulties- that's tiresome to people who aren't overachievers. (Good luck finding ten coordinated overachievers for a raid, btw. I can't even find four for a dungeon challenge.)

PS: Every server has a 'fail' name in it somewhere. Faillidan is a prime example.
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Hunter
Oh well...

Problem one is all about the lack of people. I used to make a joke in Cataclysm, because it was true, that "I can /who Orgrimmar 85 at any time of day and get less than 50 people."
It makes it hard to form even ten mans. Frequently groups run short and need to pug it- or have people perform outside of their role. It makes the whole raiding aspect much more difficult.

Problem two...the mindsets. As I've said, I work hard to figure out what it is to be a monk. I learned techniques that some people would never even CONSIDER doing during some fights and using abilities that would otherwise never be used, either as damage mitigation or as a DPS boost. I can't speak for everyone about how much effort is put into it, but there have been cases where flasks/potions would have made us kill a boss instead of wipe- and not everyone is giving it their all.

Problem three...as mentioned earlier...LFR. I don't think it's the fact that it's 'faceroll' but more of the fact that "Yeah we've killed this guy and seen what there is to be seen." Hardcore raids are killing bosses on THREE difficulties- that's tiresome to people who aren't overachievers. (Good luck finding ten coordinated overachievers for a raid, btw. I can't even find four for a dungeon challenge.)

PS: Every server has a 'fail' name in it somewhere. Faillidan is a prime example.

This is exactly right on the spot, point being Ravencrest is not the same as it used to be Hordeside is dead Alliance side i dont really know. Progression on hordeside is slow only two guilds are 10/16 normal as for tardis when it hit 8/16 drama happened due to one single person and killed the guild
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/10/2013 08:28 PMPosted by Elbbarcs
But as a player who has been individually going and whispering players, offering advice, attempting to get other players interested in the raid team I was involved in, etc., this server has just proven itself to unfortunately be a lot more casual than it once was. Not that it is a bad thing, to each their own. You just kind of have to accept what you get, you're not going to make a raider out of someone who simply doesn't want to be one, and be successful. And if it doesn't work out here, then there isn't much to do about it as someone who wants to progress, except look elsewhere. Which a lot of people have.

^^^^^^^^ qft
;(

01/23/2013 12:25 AMPosted by Yudea
as for tardis when it hit 8/16 drama happened due to one single person and killed the guild

No need to start rumors on the server forums as well, have some class.
Edited by Mcpewpew on 1/23/2013 2:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Oh well...

Using horde side as an example of ravencrest being underpopulated as a server is just silly.
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Hunter
01/23/2013 12:25 AMPosted by Yudea
as for tardis when it hit 8/16 drama happened due to one single person and killed the guild

No need to start rumors on the server forums as well, have some class.[/quote]

Its a fact that im stating not a rumor. and next your on a different server now so go stalk those instead of Ravencrests.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

No need to start rumors on the server forums as well, have some class.

Because these realm forums have never seen drama.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/09/2013 07:10 PMPosted by Theappfan
It's pretty surprising how many people on Ravencrest don't want to be told how to improve and take it as an insult. I think that's the main reason many of the top raiding guilds on Ravencrest quit: There's just simply not enough people willing to put in the amount of effort that top-of-the-line heroic raiding requires. They don't have the same mindset as a top end raider. A 2-3k DPS increase to a heroic raider is HUGE, whereas the typical person on Ravencrest would only see it as "Only" 2-3K.

Ya that is one problem I found that out when I lead Hijacked for a while no one wanted advice if you tried to give it, it was taken as an insult not as an effort to help them.

Me personally if someone tells me how to improve my dps I will dem well try it I want to be good, like someone else said there are some extremely good players here but there scattered between guilds...another problem is the guilds themselves they start with a set team they grow a bit then start running more teams which is fine until they replace the original team players with the new ones ...half the time those new ones get the gear they want, and stop showing up...the other half they decide I am geared now time to guild hop.

And I remember relic quite well from yrs ago when i visited undercity a few times with friends and ran into a couple of you ;)

And playing round with different classes is fun the only thing I have yet to try out is a Monk
but when you lvl don't just quest and run dungeons do some bgs go in there play around with your class and yes you will die we all do, but its a great practice ground for any class it teaches you how to survive how to move out of !@#$ to not just stand there getting beaten to death for the dps meters as for heals I see so many healers not dispelling stuff off players and just trying to heal threw it.

The other thing is I don't think its so much swallowing pride to raid with guilds like Req and ravenfail's finest......I for one admire how good their players are and would love to raid with them ...the thing that puts me off personally is they are SO good I don't want to raid with them and fail ;(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
@Atrea

Well said. I for one am quite happy being an Indian not a chief I hated being guild leader of Hijacked Insanity it was offered to me from the original Guild master , she gave me 2 choices< take lead or disband.

So I took the lead I lead 25man raids (which I hate doing and I am 1st to admit not the best at)
when people didn't show for the 25ms I pugged them and threw doing that I met people, some joint the guild , but the best thing was I met a couple of guild leaders from other guilds and they offered to fill any empty spots.

But like you said to many want to be the chief , as usual people got upset because they felt they deserved the gear more, !@#$%ing over gear really annoys me, it's not like it is never going to drop again ....lack of patience.

I had a nice little group of officers who were willing to teach people if they needed it, I taught a couple how to raid lead and they were good at it, and I was happy because I don't enjoy raid leading. But once they got the knack of it and some gear they forgot about who they originally learnt from and they no longer cared about helping others ...if the player had never been there and they made a few mistakes they no longer wanted them brought on raids.

How soon people forget we all started with nothing, we all had to learn with someone somewhere and we all messed up at some stage

I think the big things are people need to be willing to allow change, to take suggestions as help instead of criticism, to stop being pricks just because you have better gear than someone (it might mean you have progressed better as a player, but it does not make you a better person), the last two things are, communication and action, if you are a big chief and think you know how to improve ravencrest start telling people and step up be the big boss and make the 1st step in change. ;)

P.s ^^^ comment is directed to all of ravencrest not anyone in particular but it is not going to be me cause I am happy being a little Indian
Edited by Huntrezz on 1/26/2013 11:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/23/2013 12:13 AMPosted by Myu
I used to make a joke in Cataclysm, because it was true, that "I can /who Orgrimmar 85 at any time of day and get less than 50 people."

While I won't deny that RC is underpopulated, /who caps out at 49
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The other thing is I don't think its so much swallowing pride to raid with guilds like Req and ravenfail's finest......I for one admire how good their players are and would love to raid with them ...the thing that puts me off personally is they are SO good I don't want to raid with them and fail ;(

Yeah this is pretty much a lot of people's issue. The well known guilds and top players are very intimidating until you get to know some of the people. During WotLK, I heard in trade and from other sources that Modhne and Shadowpope were some of the biggest elitist jerks on the server. But after asking Modhne a question and getting a very helpful answer and watching Popes stream on twitch and such, I found out that they weren't as they were described to me. My suggestion to anyone reading is to make your own assumptions about who the people are and not what others may think of them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
04/09/2013 08:36 AMPosted by Nispir
The well known guilds and top players are very intimidating until you get to know some of the people.

It's funny that you say that, because I experienced something very similar when I started to raid. Notion had just broken up at the beginning of Cata, and I was looking for a new guild. I am not hardcore by any means, but I was looking for a guild that was a bit more serious. At the time, Requiem was the only real option in terms of the progression I was looking for, so I applied to raid with them.

I was very nervous -- I had a Skype interview with Modhne and some of the other raiders. Ever since I had started to play in BC, I always knew the name Modhne, and Requiem was well known as the top raiding guild on the server. I had a preconception that anyone that good was surely a jerk, and I approached the interview with caution.

The fact of the matter is, attitude has nothing to do with skill. Modhne and the Requiem crew turned out to be great guys, and we are still friends to this day. Just this past January, I was in Mod's part of the country and I got to hang out with him. Although Requiem isn't together anymore, I still have almost everyone on realid and continue to talk with them.

That principle isn't limited to Requiem either. The guys in Ravenfails Finest were really awesome, too. Even though we bickered while competing, I have a lot of respect for those guys and what they did. Sure, we did our fair share of chest pounding and head butting, but at the end of the day I would say the majority of the top raiders are nice people.

As far as Ravencrest is concerned, you guys can still make a comeback. All it takes is a little leadership, some dedication, and maybe some poaching :X to get a high-caliber raiding guild back on the rails. That being said, there is a lot of merit to enjoying your guild and realm for what they are. If you have fun when you log in, there isn't much that needs to change.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Oh, good, this thread got necroed, now we can have another 10 pages of garbage to sift through.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Oh, good, this thread got necroed, now we can have another 10 pages of garbage to sift through.

dook

stahp
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
04/09/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Popes
The well known guilds and top players are very intimidating until you get to know some of the people.

I was very nervous -- I had a Skype interview with Modhne and some of the other raiders. Ever since I had started to play in BC, I always knew the name Modhne, and Requiem was well known as the top raiding guild on the server. I had a preconception that anyone that good was surely a jerk, and I approached the interview with caution.

I agree, Modhne was a jerk!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
But was I an Elitist Jerk?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
But was I an Elitist Jerk?

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/oh_you.jpg?w=720
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

@The Covenant people,

This just in, contrary to popular belief, you do not have to read every thread on the forums and every post in that thread! New developments suggest that you can actually just ignore threads on topics you don't wish to see and then not whine and cry in them!

http://i.imgur.com/oinVx.gif
Edited by Camirex on 4/24/2013 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]