New expansion:The Past,(A)High Elves,(H)Ogres

90 Night Elf Hunter
I think there (likely in Caverns of Time) will appear a time portal opened by Nozdormu or his crazy self Murozond that will let players travel back and forth in Time. So there will appear still existent back then High Elves and Ogres still loyal to the Horde (or just Orcs cause back then the was now Horde but still).

The archaeology branches will be Titanic and Dragonic (or Demonic).
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I can agree on the races part but i dont really know how well a time traveling expansion would work out..
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
NO!

*slaps you with a rolled up newspaper*

BAD! BAD! NO HIGH ELVES!

But other than that I like the idea of a Time expansion. One down side I can see with this is that I wouldn't want to spend the whole expansion disguised as what ever was around during that time.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Why ogres? What could they possibly bring? They're more simplistic than orcs and have no distinguishing features aside from said simplistic quality.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
01/10/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Nuriele
Why ogres? What could they possibly bring? They're more simplistic than orcs and have no distinguishing features aside from said simplistic quality.

Big brutish bodies clubbing people? 2 heads for the casters?(no other race would have that)?

Ogres were fun as hell back in EQ, I would play Ogres all day if they added them.

They're not all stupid, and even then they aren't necessarily entirely stupid. They just TALK stupid.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
There's one other issue: no ogre women. Either they're hermaphrodites (which I'd actually like, as bizarre alien biology), or wholly new models would need to be made. And given that Blizzard tries to use sex appeal in some manner for all playable women...

Big brutish bodies clubbing people? 2 heads for the casters?(no other race would have that)?

We have the first with tauren, and while the two-headed thing might be interesting as a cosmetic aspect, would you really have body type changes like that just for class differences?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Tauren don't cut it, it's not the same. I don't think the game would break if there was a single sex race either.

It would probably have more players than the male and female gnome population combined. :P
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
01/10/2013 11:49 AMPosted by Nuriele
There's one other issue: no ogre women. Either they're hermaphrodites (which I'd actually like, as bizarre alien biology), or wholly new models would need to be made. And given that Blizzard tries to use sex appeal in some manner for all playable women...

Blizzard always makes new models more or less from the ground up for playable races, so the lack of an existing model for females is a non-issues. I also wouldn't really consider say, Tauren and Undead females to be oozing sex appeal, so that isn't a make-or-break point. More recently, Pandaren or Worgen females aren't really either unless you're into some seriously freaky stuff.

Still, while I may disagree with your reasoning, I think there are better choices for a new playable race. Mok'nathal in particular might be a better choice if we want a more "traditional" Horde race. They don't have the size issues Ogres have, and are reasonably intelligent overall.

As for the idea of a time-travel expansion, I'm not sure how well it would work out. Time-travel in general is a pretty messy business, and I think it's best if Blizzard were to make new stories instead of rehashing the storylines of WC1 and 2 in an MMO format.
Reply Quote
Ugh I really want Ogres for horde for nostalgia reasons... I loved watching my Ogre-Magi run up to knights and just start punching them in the mouth. Only down side is high elves... I'm going to have to make a pro-con list for that one... And there are female Ogres, theres even a hallows end mask for it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Tauren don't cut it, it's not the same. I don't think the game would break if there was a single sex race either.

Ogres would likely need to be shrunk to tauren size to be made playable.

Still, while I may disagree with your reasoning, I think there are better choices for a new playable race. Mok'nathal in particular might be a better choice if we want a more "traditional" Horde race. They don't have the size issues Ogres have, and are reasonably intelligent overall.

I don't know... they just don't seem different enough from orcs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/10/2013 11:30 AMPosted by Zambala
BAD! BAD! NO HIGH ELVES!

Yes High Elves. They will be added in time...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/10/2013 11:49 AMPosted by Nuriele
There's one other issue: no ogre women.

Ogre Female Mask
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I sense this will be a lot like Cataclysm, which had portals to different zones.

And it will be terrible. Absolutely terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Bad idea. Particularly the High Elves. 0/10.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Just Say "NO!" To World of Elfcraft.
Reply Quote
7 Undead Warrior
so i don't see why people are so anti elf? War hammer,Lord of the rings, and plenty of other fantasy settings have plenty of elves. High elves already exist just let them be playable whats so wrong about that?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/10/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Thunder
Bad idea. Particularly the High Elves. 0/10.

01/10/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Jetzeppelin
Just Say "NO!" To World of Elfcraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VbOHvaPRc

You guize. Srsly. Whole threads. Not worth it. Plenty of other reasons why this idea is bad. Specifically having to zone jump like in Cataclysm with everything spread out and ish. Made Cata leveling/grinding feel stupid. Whole expac felt disjointed.

Stahp.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't understand the obsession with High Elves. Do you not like the green eyes of blood elves? Do you want to play blood elves but due to certain circumstances you want to stay alliance?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I felt compelled to respond to this to provide a counter-balance to the anti-High Elf rhetoric above; the nay-sayers above treat their position as if it were as prolific as oxygen, just here to let it be known (especially to Blue Posters) that they're very wrong.

That said, I think a time-travel expansion could only work if it was focused on a hypothetical future -- the past would be quite awkward.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]