New expansion:The Past,(A)High Elves,(H)Ogres

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Ok, I'll crack and way in on this, I would vote no to this idea specifically (let me explain).

If we have to have High Elves there are much better ways to go about it without pulling them out of the past, we have enough issues with timelines/travel as it is in WoW.

Now as for the idea of a timetravel themed expansion, I could see it working out but, it would have to be incredibly well worked, things like memory wipes, preventing the past from changing and not changing it ourselves, preferably as Fyer said, hypothetical timelines or alternate futures only if we could (that way the world ending paradox that would inevitably happen may not kill us, if we are lucky anyways).
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I want reptilian races...

Alliance could get a form of dragon-type race, maybe like a Drakonid. And Horde can get a dinosaur-type race, dunno what it could be but something close to a Saurok.
Reply Quote
I want reptilian races...

Alliance could get a form of dragon-type race, maybe like a Drakonid. And Horde can get a dinosaur-type race, dunno what it could be but something close to a Saurok.

Can we just get Saurok?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/10/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Shaithiss
Can we just get Saurok?

They'd need a non-Worgen skeletal model.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 09:14 PMPosted by Grimtale
They'd need a non-Worgen skeletal model.

As long as they look somewhat similar I would be down for that.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Hunter
Hmmm, could be interesting. The remnants of the Infinite Dragonflight react harshly after their leader, Murozond, falls. Their assault is met by the Bronze Dragonflight, and their battles begin to rip apart the boundaries between the timeways. Nozdormu is largely unable to participate in this war while he is using whatever Aspect powers he has left to close the time rifts. In the end, he is forced to focus the damage to a single boundary, which opens our Azeroth to a parallel Azeroth separate from our own. The act of containing the damage in this fashion as well as slowing down the damage as much as he can takes a great tole on him, and leaves him in a state unable to perform certain duties. It falls to us, as well as our counterparts in the other timeline, to deal with anomalies.

That would be enough to explain us going back and forth between the two timelines I think, it'd be fun to come up with how different this other timeline might be.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
I really am against any idea that brings in more races. Just look at MoP, the Alliance has 2 races that are contributing, the rest are either uninvolved or tag-alongs.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
the time line is a mess already, with the bubles in time for each expantion, the books and game contradicting each other left and right, and retcons thrown in ever year or two keeping a past time line strait would be very hard on the writers.

especialy since paradoxes would come up. the time travel in the dragon books that made it clear that Nelves knew what orcs were and revered one broke the story of WC3, big paradox there.

why wouldnt goblins open long term intrest bearing savings accounts to make theselves rich beyond beliefe? all the money they could ever want.

also the bronze flight is seemingly done watching the timeways now... so why would they set up an entire expantion centered around a job that no longer exists.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
According to Twilight of the Aspects there is more than one timeline so what's stopping us from visiting a couple for a couple of expansions?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
01/10/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Archpaladin
According to Twilight of the Aspects there is more than one timeline so what's stopping us from visiting a couple for a couple of expansions?

so world of quantum leap?
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
01/10/2013 10:59 PMPosted by Yandi
Because the Alliance writers suck. Horde has a ton of people contributing.

I know why it is, which is why I don't want more races.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I really am against any idea that brings in more races. Just look at MoP, the Alliance has 2 races that are contributing, the rest are either uninvolved or tag-alongs.

Because the Alliance writers suck. Horde has a ton of people contributing.

I always thought the writing was more or less a collective matter than splitting writers into H/A.

In which case, they all suck.

01/10/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Archpaladin

Because it's stupid, that's why. I'm okay with a new CoT every now and then. An entire expansion devoted to time travel? Nope. Pls be F2P nao cuz bad.
Edited by Raynell on 1/10/2013 11:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'd like some different models for the Highbourne, Personally.

Make them look like an inbetween Night Elf and Blood Elf and I'd be happy.

Basically Purple High Elves.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I'd like some different models for the Highbourne, Personally.

Make them look like an inbetween Night Elf and Blood Elf and I'd be happy.

Basically Purple High Elves.

that is horrible. the split between the highbourne and the regular Nelves was a social one. like the split between varian and defias both Nelves, both humans

purple high elves makes little sense. high elves changed due to thousands of years of mortal evolution, Nelves have been stuck for an equal amount of time. 10K years IS a long time.

look at the world changes in 50 years vs. 10K. in 10K two elven species grew up, in fifty years several alien races made homesteads on azeroth. isnt that amazeing? two alien races in less than fifty years vs two elves in 10K.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
that is horrible. the split between the highbourne and the regular Nelves was a social one. like the split between varian and defias both Nelves, both humans

purple high elves makes little sense. high elves changed due to thousands of years of mortal evolution, Nelves have been stuck for an equal amount of time. 10K years IS a long time.

look at the world changes in 50 years vs. 10K. in 10K two elven species grew up, in fifty years several alien races made homesteads on azeroth. isnt that amazeing? two alien races in less than fifty years vs two elves in 10K.

My main gripe is that the Night Elf models look abysmal. The Blood Elf models simply look a lot smoother and elegant.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock

My main gripe is that the Night Elf models look abysmal. The Blood Elf models simply look a lot smoother and elegant.

i hear the player skins are being updated. more "bones" added and better skin temperment. blood elf and draenei last among the races. everyone should be up to panda levels of character models soon...soon meaning some time between now and the end of the world.

still humans, forsaken, tauren, and Nelves should be first on the list. blood elves, draenei, pandas, should be last.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
i hear the player skins are being updated. more "bones" added and better skin temperment. blood elf and draenei last among the races. everyone should be up to panda levels of character models soon...soon meaning some time between now and the end of the world.

still humans, forsaken, tauren, and Nelves should be first on the list. blood elves, draenei, pandas, should be last.

Sweet as
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]