New expansion:The Past,(A)High Elves,(H)Ogres

90 Undead Mage
01/11/2013 02:13 AMPosted by Jetzeppelin
I'll be there offering a counter-argument telling Blizz "No we don't".

Do you have mains on the alliance?
If not, then who are you to say 'no, alliance cannot have high elves because I don't want it to'.

Weow... so authoritarian.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
01/11/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Jetzeppelin
All things that belong to the blood elves now, not to high elves. Are you saying that high elf culture is still just blood elf culture and the differences between them is on an attitude level? I can see that as being true. They still try to be elves but they're still also sidekicks to humans

Not really. Yes the high elves live in many human cities, but so did the trolls in orc cities - does this mean they were orc sidekicks??? No. Yes blood elves and high elves may appear almost identical, but sorry, that is so hideously far from true.

High elves and Blood elves are different enough.
a) Physical differences in terms of skin colour and eye colour
b) Stark political differences and loyalties in terms of alliance and horde respectively
c) Change in values & priorities. Many of the high elves had to sate their magical addictions without the aid of fel energies. This means that whilst the blood elves turned to the power of the fel to draw their power, the high elves turned to meditation, the holy light and counselling in order to help alleviate the pain of having no access to the sunwell that they became so dependent upon.
d) Yes, they could now be classified as separate species. The distinction between two species is established by the test of interbreeding. In this example, it would be whether a male high elf and a female blood elf (or visa versa) can successfully have children who are then able to have more children of their own. If the answer to this is yes, then they are indeed the same species and hence the same race. However, after the blood elves spent years absorbing the fel energies, their genetic material (DNA) most likely has been fundamentally altered - resulting in their eye colour change and probably numerous other non-appearance changes could prevent them from producing a viable high/blood elf cross child and hence, defining them as separate species and NOT the same race.

This means that there is a lot of scope for blizzard to introduce high elves as a totally separate race in WOW.

Plus, with the new models being introduced for each race in WOW sometime in the near future, high elves and blood elves will be different enough to make both enjoyable, but both complenting each other in a lore sense.

As we have seen in 5.1 and to come in 5.2, the high elven lore/action often links in with blood elven lore/events, and for me, one is not able to be developed completely without the other taking some part in the plot.

So yes for high elves on the alliance - especially for ending the compulsory 'roll horde or forget your elven paladin'
Edited by Anastasiu on 2/8/2013 6:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Why is it that anytime high elves are mentioned as maybe a possible new player race the people who are so against it are mainly Horde?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/08/2013 03:42 AMPosted by Pogz
Why is it that anytime high elves are mentioned as maybe a possible new player race the people who are so against it are mainly Horde?

Why is it anytime high elves are mentioned, Alliance say "And the horde can have ogres, or maybe troggs!"
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/08/2013 03:51 AMPosted by Threeslotbag

Why is it anytime high elves are mentioned, Alliance say "And the horde can have ogres, or maybe troggs!"

Because it.......makes sense? High Elves are already in the Alliance and there are ogres already in the Horde?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Why is it that these threads with potentially terrible ideas are always re-bumped? Do you people ever get tired of reading garbage fanon?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I sense this will be a lot like Cataclysm, which had portals to different zones.

And it will be terrible. Absolutely terrible.

A solution would be making the caverns of time a kind of continent. You have the dungeons room and then the capital city wich as different corridors that brings you to the zones without portals.

Other than that, I agree with the time expansion.
Reply Quote
I like how any excuse is good for some people to talk about elves in the alliance.

-Hey, did you hear about the 9.6M players playing right now?
-It's because there are no Elves in the Alliance.

-Hey, did you hear about Illidan's returning?
-Blizzard is running out of ideas. Also Elves in the Alliance.

-My dog just got hit by a car! T_T
-I'm sorry buddy.... and I dont want to say Elves in the Alliance... but Elves in the Alliance could have avoided it. =(

http://memegenerator.net/instance/34548530
Edited by Temonio on 2/8/2013 5:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I'm a bit late about this... but here we go anyway:

Blizzard needs to fix lore with the races that it already has before it implements new ones.

I know, you're doing that well in the Horde, but the numeric equilibrium races have gotten next to nothing, and the Night Elves are just getting crap. Once that gets fixed, then you can start talking about new races.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Screw High Elves. Give the Alliance Furbolgs if you need to introduce new races.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/08/2013 06:42 AMPosted by Arterius
Screw High Elves. Give the Alliance Furbolgs if you need to introduce new races.

Yes.

The Stillpine are already in the Alliance basically.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
02/08/2013 06:42 AMPosted by Arterius

I used to like this idea. You've already got the Stillpine, Blackwood and maybe(?) the Thistlefur, but then again, this is yet another race that the Night Elves take under their wing. Darnassus could probably set up a petting zoo at that stage for all the Furbolg and Worgen running around.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
02/08/2013 06:57 AMPosted by Gandred
I used to like this idea. You've already got the Stillpine, Blackwood and maybe(?) the Thistlefur, but then again, this is yet another race that the Night Elves take under their wing. Darnassus could probably set up a petting zoo at that stage for all the Furbolg and Worgen running around.

Then move the Worgen to Stormwind, where they were supposed to be the whole time. Or have the Furbolg crash on the Draenei's couch.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
If not, then who are you to say 'no, alliance cannot have high elves because I don't want it to'.

Weow... so authoritarian.

Wow. You necroed this near month old thread just to argue with some of my points? I'm flattered, but...damn. :P

Here's the thing though. It doesn't matter that I don't have any Alliance toons. I can say "no alliance cannot have high elves because I don't want it to" because, as a paying customer of World of Warcraft, I have an opinion on how Blizzard's development dollars should be allocated. Right now there are about a billion other things that would be better spent on, for instance the further story development on playable races we have already.

As opposed to new playable races who would likely just end up being half forgotten like many we have right now.

No new playable races at all, really.

02/08/2013 03:29 AMPosted by Anastasiu
Not really. Yes the high elves live in many human cities, but so did the trolls in orc cities - does this mean they were orc sidekicks??? No. Yes blood elves and high elves may appear almost identical, but sorry, that is so hideously far from true.

Actually most trolls in the Horde these days live on the Echo Isles, outside of Org, where they are usually oppressed and treated like crap by Garrosh. Same can't be said about high elves. Even the ones who were living in lodges in Vanilla were either wiped out or turned into angry mana-roid addict things and then wiped out. All that's left is silver covenant in Dalaran, a human city, and whatever Alleria has with her who are probably following Turalyon around, wherever they are.

As for the rest:
A) Yeah so? Same thing can be said about green skin orcs vs. Mag'har but I'm not about to campaign for playable mag'har since I see about as much point in it as I see in playable high elves and, again, new playable races at this point is stupid.
B and C) Human political ideals and philosophies and morals. Just keeping up with the elf looks which just makes them a gross amalgamation of human and elf. Not enough to set them apart as their own entity.
D) That's a lot of imagined "If", but I'll give you an A for effort.

Blizzard needs to fix lore with the races that it already has before it implements new ones.

I know, you're doing that well in the Horde, but the numeric equilibrium races have gotten next to nothing, and the Night Elves are just getting crap. Once that gets fixed, then you can start talking about new races.

Kudos on your first statement, F for ignorance on your second. Or did you forget that no other race in WoW has been neglected by Blizzard as much as the tauren have since vanilla?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
High elves sucks, hopefully they are extinguished.

I want vyrkuls in the alliance!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/08/2013 03:13 AMPosted by Anastasiu

02/08/2013 03:42 AMPosted by Pogz

I'm sorry for being late on these two comments (and I know the first wasn't directed at me but it is a point that people try to bring up every now and then) but, just because someone has a main as Horde doesn't mean they don't play Alliance as well. If full new races had to be brought in, I would prefer Alliance getting Jinyu or Etherals (I think that's what those consortium guys are) instead of High Elves because those are two races that I as another paying customer would enjoy playing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I wish I could "Sage" this thread. Pushing it towards 26 pages without bumping it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Even in WoW forums

Sage does nothing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]