The Dev's "wild idea" about mushrooms

90 Night Elf Druid
Makes me sad. Tons of feedback about mushrooms for almost a year now but hey, lets just add some quirky mechanics to make them heal more!

Druids hate mushrooms because they are clunky and annoying. The new notes don't fix any of that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
This pretty much nails it. The excessive setup and GCDs are what make the spell annoying.
Reply Quote
I could deal with the GCDs if they just healed for more. I am doing my level best to use them on fights that are appropriate for them, and my best efforts results in them doing like 7% of my healing. They're totally usable but not worth it.

Making them fueled by overhealing ... is just stupid and doesn't really help.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It is sad to see that there is no change to having to place it 3 times...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The possibilities where your raid can move away from them by the time they ramp up, even if you spread them out. If they won't stand in my efflorescence when I put it down, especially with how small the radius is, they certainly won't prioritize standing near mushrooms.

I do like how they're addressing to fix issues with overhealing due to Rejuv getting sniped, but waiting for ramp up when the raid can move away doesn't seem like a sure solution.
Reply Quote
I dunno, the change is interesting. Resto's been complaining all expansion about the fact that their HoTs are easily sniped, so this helps fix the overhealing problem, and I guess it's meant to be something that you drop early on and then pop when you need the healing rather than something you waste 3 GCDs on and then immediately burst for heals. That makes it trickier to use, but it fits with the more preemptive style of healing that comes with HoT healers.

Also, I saw a video of them, they get pretty large so they're definitely easy to see after they've built up a nice amount of healing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Take everything with a grain of salt, there's still going to be a lot of iterations with the spell.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I can think of numerous fights where the majority of a raid is standing still or can be told to stack on a certain person. This change allows for nearly 1.3 (likely 1.5+ next patch) million extra burst healing to the raid (+whatever the mushrooms normally are), which otherwise would be just overhealing, and you somehow say it's bad? wut? That's nearly as strong as (okay, 2/3 of) my revival .-. . Many classes have raid stacking requirements, yours is a "pre planned" or "in the future" one, sure. But that doesn't mean you can't use it (or abuse it, like on vizier just place them where you know the majority of your raid stacks, and then max their healing pre-pull during setup.)

I don't necessarily think it would be the solution to druid problems, because they lack reliable ways to heal burst damage, of which this is not (because it's a burst CD). But it is creative, and it is another CD. The only class that doesn't have any setup for AoE healing:...maybe rshams or holy priests?

I don't think this would allow rdruids to compete with disc priests, but I do think that another tool to handle burst would help significantly.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't know, it's not going to make them a go-to spell but it does have potential. Put them down early, rejuv and WG as normal, grumble about the overhealing when others snipe your HoTs, and when a huge damage spike comes you have 1.5 million extra healing ready to use without even needing a GCD. They have to stay down for a while, and you have to have people near them, but in the right situations they could be really powerful.

And unless there's some "only in combat" restriction, you can put em down early and rejuv the raid before a pull to have em built up right off the bat.
Edited by Mooniverse on 1/10/2013 4:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/10/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Rejuvenate
Take everything with a grain of salt, there's still going to be a lot of iterations with the spell.

Yeah, that's what folks kept saying/hoping in beta.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is also gonna make some rather funny raid healing comps. Like Rdruid/disc priest will get great because even if raid wide damage is every 30 secs or so you can do like barrier>spirit shell>tranquility>shrooms>spirit shell>barrier>tree of life>spirit shell>shrooms>tranquility>spirit shell, etc just about endlessly and lol at any boss aoes that happen to come along. This sort of absurd cooldown rotation won't really happen outside of stacked fights, of course but... still. Imagine it. Even though on the meters the druid probably won't look too good cus of the overheal needed to charge the shrooms.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I dont like it.

I said it before but its a gimmicky mechanic that can either work with 100% efficiency in stationary fights and with 0% efficiency in highly mobile fights.

This change just makes druids really good at some encounters and subpar (current state) in others.

I would have MUCH prefered to see a change that provides a smaller but more reliable benefit.
Reply Quote
Druid
• We’re still iterating on this design for Wild Mushrooms. Currently, they each absorb 25% overheal, up to a max of 33% of the Druid’s max health (total of 75% / 100% with 3 Mushrooms out). This max size isn’t working in build 16446, but we hope to hotfix that soon. Upon blooming, their accumulated healing is split over the targets they heal. Several parts of this aren’t yet working in build 16446, leading them to be massively overpowered (which we also hope to hotfix soon). Feedback, especially in future builds, is appreciated.

They seem to have hotfixed the shrooms on PTR already and right now my shrooms at 454k HP (with 8% fort scroll) go up to ~150k accumulated per shroom. When blooming a single shroom it heals for roughly 170k in my case, 510kish for all three (just healing myself that is).
So gathering from this shrooms are not going to be as OP as some of you seem to think.

How all of that works out in a raid environment we'll get to see soon enough, raid testing starts today woo!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/11/2013 01:38 AMPosted by Botty
How all of that works out in a raid environment we'll get to see soon enough, raid testing starts today woo!

Cool beans :) I hope some will report back with how they're operating in a raid setting. This has potential, imo.
Edited by Sherbear on 1/11/2013 2:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
If you think mushrooms are not worth casting, then you`re bad. Each mushroom GCD is .5 sec, which means they take 1.5s to put all 3 down. Thats significant healing for a 1.5s set up time. Not that bad at all. You noobs are just used to casting OP smart heal Wild Growth.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/11/2013 05:23 AMPosted by Ahfarmer
You noobs are just used to casting OP smart heal Wild Growth.

Disc priests don't get to around calling spells from other classes OP.
Reply Quote
If you think mushrooms are not worth casting, then you`re bad. Each mushroom GCD is .5 sec, which means they take 1.5s to put all 3 down. Thats significant healing for a 1.5s set up time. Not that bad at all. You noobs are just used to casting OP smart heal Wild Growth.

I think a lot of people want them to be powerful enough to be used rotationally but I actually think Blizzard achieved their goal of making them worthwhile yet still not rotational, at least from how they look on PTR so far. Even if you cannot place them for a stacked group all the time, usually the melee is a good place to put them or even as an emergency heal on tanks especially considering they are buffed now. There really shouldn't be a time when we are unable to use them in one way or another.

Imagine you have 3 buffed up shrooms down, the raid is gonna be stacked during an encounter, aoe burst going out~ we get to pop shrooms (off GCD), efflorescence + SOFT WG, that sounds more than decent burst to me but again how that'll play out in practice we'll find out soon enough :D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

/script local start, duration, enable = GetActionCooldown(4);DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(duration)

You can hit the above after any cast for the exact GCD; planting a shroom gives me a 1 second result. Setting up shrooms generally does take a full 3 seconds.

In any case, while I agree the mechanic is still clunky, I think the increase in burst is exciting and I really like that they're going to be visibly huge.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
01/11/2013 06:54 AMPosted by Skilly
In any case, while I agree the mechanic is still clunky, I think the increase in burst is exciting and I really like that they're going to be visibly huge.

That's all great but the radius still limits their use to strict stacked areas. Visible or not it has little bearing on people standing next to them - they will only if that happens to be where they're suppose to be and that has nothing to do with a big !@#$ shroon on the ground.

In fact the burst is really the only thing that is interesting thus far.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Actually I think their giant size (full grown) will make them easy stack points, similar to how people tend to run towards a priest barrier when they see it down. In lieu of a raid marker, as long as the druid plants it in a likely spot it should be easy to call the raid to converge there upon incoming damage.

Just conjecturing, as we've yet to see it in action.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]