The Dev's "wild idea" about mushrooms

100 Night Elf Warrior
The bonus healing is supposed split evenly under all targets healed, so keep in mind that you don't need many people in them to get almost the entire effect of charged up mushrooms.

It actually could make for an interesting tank emergency heal, your very own lay on hands if the tank is the only one in range.

But, for more general use, the fact that it just splits the healing over whoever is in range means that you shouldn't feel bad if only 3 people happen to be around when they detonate, you'll still get almost the same healing as though the entire raid were standing there. Could possibly convince them to have the normal mushroom healing operate the same way.
Edited by Asthas on 1/11/2013 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/11/2013 06:46 AMPosted by Botty
I think a lot of people want them to be powerful enough to be used rotationally but I actually think Blizzard achieved their goal of making them worthwhile yet still not rotational, at least from how they look on PTR so far.

No. Right now they aren't powerful enough to be worth using in 10 man which is fine, I'm glad I don't have to use them because they are a pain. They could make them OP and I still wouldn't want to use them because they are clunky and annoying. I would only be use them because they were OP and that's not fun or good gameplay.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/11/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Moophious
In any case, while I agree the mechanic is still clunky, I think the increase in burst is exciting and I really like that they're going to be visibly huge.

That's all great but the radius still limits their use to strict stacked areas. Visible or not it has little bearing on people standing next to them - they will only if that happens to be where they're suppose to be and that has nothing to do with a big !@#$ shroon on the ground.

In fact the burst is really the only thing that is interesting thus far.

In terms of area of affect, they're no more or less handicapped than spells like Healing Rain. I get the complaints with having to waste GCDs, but making them more effective heals seems like an intelligent way to address that. Particular the method they chose to use, if I am reading it right, where over-healing gets some amount of compensation. Imagine of something like Healing Rain did the same thing. It would be absurdly over powered. But attaching it to a spell with such a high GCD and planning requirement feels like a good play.

IMO, anyway. Not to suggest it still isn't an annoying spell, but it seems there are always things like that. I still hate the Prayer of Healing group mechanic. Who is in what group is such an arbitrary determination for who receives healing, and it is a frustrating thing to have to constantly manage. Not that I have any personal recommendations for a good alternative without turning it into Holy Radiance or Circle of Healing, but such that it is.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Still like to see a glyph that lets me drop 3 mushrooms at once, preferably just encircling me on the ground like they were totems.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/11/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Jozie
Still like to see a glyph that lets me drop 3 mushrooms at once, preferably just encircling me on the ground like they were totems.

Now THAT sounds like a nice idea :) Would probably make me use them on my druid (if I ever play her again).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Dear ActiBlizzard, please hire an actual raid experienced resto druid for the development team.

Better yet, please give the current dev team a long vacation and bring in a new team.

Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Dear ActiBlizzard, please hire an actual raid experienced resto druid for the development team.

Better yet, please give the current dev team a long vacation and bring in a new team.

Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC

Thanks

They wouldn't have any bias, nope.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock

No. Right now they aren't powerful enough to be worth using in 10 man which is fine, I'm glad I don't have to use them because they are a pain. They could make them OP and I still wouldn't want to use them because they are clunky and annoying. I would only be use them because they were OP and that's not fun or good gameplay.

You don't want to recover 75% of your rejuvenation overhealing?

This spell is not going to be insanely overpowered. Is it going to be worth using? Absolutely.*

IF the spell isn't nerfed into worthlessness during beta again.*

I thought it was 25% recovery up to 33% of the druids health.

My Rejuvs hit for around 23K with around 40% OH so at 25% recovery that's 10% or 2300 per tick for around 11000 per Rejuv. So to get to 100K per shroom will require 9 Rejuvs which is at least 20 seconds of prep time. In actual raids with LB and mastery refresh and general raid healing we will easily get to 30 or more seconds for a decent setup. That means we will probably only use it in very specific situations.

Edit: And for 10 man, at 100K x 3 we get 30K heal per person. Not insubstantial but certainly not OP. For 25 man the dilution could render it useless.
Edited by Merise on 1/12/2013 3:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/12/2013 03:13 AMPosted by Merise
My Rejuvs hit for around 23K with around 40% OH so at 25% recovery that's 10% or 2300 per tick for around 11000 per Rejuv.

23k? mine is closer to 13k in 490 ilvl. you sure that wasn't a crit?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
As far as I understand it, it's basically Lightwell V2. You know - that spell that everyone goes on about how strong and good it is, but the sheer clunk factor involved makes Druids wish they could ignore it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Increase the range of bloom 5 yards, make it one shroom only and let us intervene/ wild charge to the mushroom and we have a pretty good spell.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
the spell is a complete joke for pvp.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'm pretty interested in this change. I'm starting to like mushrooms more and more, since I'm becoming more confident in knowing where people are going to be gropuing during a fight. It should be fun to add in a timing factor on top of the placement factor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]