The effects of Battle Fatigue. Remove it.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Battle Fatigue has been a huge issue in pvp all around , Alot of ppl dont know about it but most healers do , This passive is in your general in your spell book and its by far very op and unfair for healers in rbgs and arena. This effect stacks with other reduction healing effects such as Mortal Wounds etc, Its already bad enough with the dmg being out of control this season. I honesty think removing this passive will bring alot more balance in pvp for everyone to enjoy and have fun without being killed so quickly and being unhappy. We have tested this effect with guildies and this is the Video to prove it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg7WESzv_qE Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Because before it was put in game pvp was balanced *rolls eyes* this stuff wasn't in the whole age of wow and healers became to powerful and essential THAT is why they put it in.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/13/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Divamist
Because before it was put in game pvp was balanced *rolls eyes* this stuff wasn't in the whole age of wow and healers became to powerful and essential THAT is why they put it in.

What issue is there with healers being essential in competitive PvP? I'm pretty sure that's the intent.
Reply Quote
new idea for battle fatigue - increase all mana costs by 30% instead of healing reduction. Healers SHOULD be able to run out of mana.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/13/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Venomheart
new idea for battle fatigue - increase all mana costs by 30% instead of healing reduction. Healers SHOULD be able to run out of mana

The only reason we don't is because we are DEAD first (or CC'd to no end).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
What happened is that everything went back to the Lich King era of PvP. High damage, high demand burst, burst healing was incredibly (top people from almost dead in a second or two) and now there is even MORE CC so that any comp can play WLD like during LK (layered CC).

Blizzard decided that they didn't want to re-do LK where you had to layer CC and have high damage bursts to kill anybody during it because if you didn't the healer could easily top the person you're playing.

So, despite things not looking all that fair they were pretty fair. Now you don't need to run a good CC chain to get a kill because even if a CC or two is screwed up (overlapped) you can still do so much damage to a player that it cannot be recovered from. Even low end teams can do decent CC trains and kill somebody and it feels more random than anything.

It's pretty frustrating knowing you have all these buttons to use and you simply can't use them as your teammate went from 100-0 in the space of 4 seconds while you are on the 12 second of a 18 second CC chain and no trinket to use.
Reply Quote
33 Orc Warrior
new idea for battle fatigue - increase all mana costs by 30% instead of healing reduction. Healers SHOULD be able to run out of mana.

New idea. harden skin- reduce damage intake by 30%

That way, healers will have a CHANCE to use their mana
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
my heals, however cost ineffective they are, cant even bring up my target to playable health when taking damage. add in battle fatigue, a half dozen debuffs, dots and CC, and poor mana regen, and you have healing in its current state. For all the good i do, i might as well run around staff whacking bad guys. this is pathetic.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/15/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Thondus

New idea. harden skin- reduce damage intake by 30%

That way, healers will have a CHANCE to use their mana

^
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage

Anyone who thinks healers can't OOM in PvP is exceptionally delusional.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/15/2013 07:29 PMPosted by Irate

Anyone who thinks healers can't OOM in PvP is exceptionally delusional.

Well, you kind of have to survive long enough to OOM.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Battle fatigue is most noticeable when the MS effect is up. 45k Flash heals is a drop in the bucket on a health pool that is being subjected to Warrior burst. If I can stay alive, I definitely do OOM when there is alot of damage flying around. I often find myself running from leaf hut to leaf hut.

Reverting battle fatigue will only start the "OMFG Heals are OP" QQ threads all over again. I don't think this is the answer to the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Reverting battle fatigue will only start the "OMFG Heals are OP" QQ threads all over again. I don't think this is the answer to the problem.

All that healers really need to make it is a damage reduction for being a healer. Like reduce damage taken from other players by 10% and BF won't matter nearly as much. Or reduced CC duration (like 1-2 secs off of an 8 second one) would go a LONG way towards making healing enjoyable again.

I don't think that the main issue that healers have with the new style of PVP is the inability to keep up with healing. I think it's that every game you spend nearly 70% of your time unable to heal. There is literally no way you can prevent a death, regardless of how good you are, if you can't heal.

I want to be outplayed. Not cc'd to death out of the gate while burst eats me or my partner.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
All that healers really need to make it is a damage reduction for being a healer. Like reduce damage taken from other players by 10% and BF won't matter nearly as much. Or reduced CC duration (like 1-2 secs off of an 8 second one) would go a LONG way towards making healing enjoyable again.

I don't think that the main issue that healers have with the new style of PVP is the inability to keep up with healing. I think it's that every game you spend nearly 70% of your time unable to heal. There is literally no way you can prevent a death, regardless of how good you are, if you can't heal.

I want to be outplayed. Not cc'd to death out of the gate while burst eats me or my partner.

I 100% Agree with that idea
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/16/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Keirisonis

^^ This.

Damage reduction cd helps but doesn't make much difference in the end. An opposing team doesn't need to kill the healer. They only need to make them ineffective long enough to kill their teammates. I would like to see a universal DR on all CC. Make it a bit more strategic as to when to CC something than just throwing out scads of CC everywhere and killing people with burst that burns right through damage reduction cds.
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Priest
01/20/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Valrys

^^ This.

Damage reduction cd helps but doesn't make much difference in the end. An opposing team doesn't need to kill the healer. They only need to make them ineffective long enough to kill their teammates. I would like to see a universal DR on all CC. Make it a bit more strategic as to when to CC something than just throwing out scads of CC everywhere and killing people with burst that burns right through damage reduction cds.

Rift has universal CC. It sucked. It basically made cc completely useless.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Ret Paladins get the screw job from battle fatigue in its current form. Really gimps the class/spec in pvp IMO.

Please re-think this Blizzard!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Battle Fatigue is going to be removed. With WoD. That's a large part of their intent with the healing revamps, to make it possible. Until then, you'll have to deal with it, but Battle Fatigue is pretty much a band-aid fix to the overwhelming amount of power Healers have, just like Resilience is the band-aid fix to the overwhelming amount of power DPS have, at our current gear levels.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]