Listed as New Players

Oh how Ysera has fallen =/
Reply Quote
5 Pandaren Monk
Is this server dead, at least on the Alliance side? I'm trying out the 10-day free trial of MoP and had my alliance toons on this server, but Stormwind just seemed very dead when I popped over to a bank alt.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Hunter
yea got back from my break during all of cata and saw how the server has fallen. my priests old guild Continuum seems like it's dead too, shame my priest got his kingslayer title with them :(
the cities seem like ghost towns and not like what i remember them being.
not sure what to do don't have the money to x-fer so i guess i'll mess around with collecting transmorg gear or something.
Reply Quote
It's not that dead, last night there was quite a few in stormwind but on the other hand I don't hang out there that much, I'm usually busy grinding dailies cause well blizz wants us to grind grind grind and bleed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Horde side is ungodly quiet anymore. I also have never seen so many good guilds die out.....It is what it is I suppose.

I just go farm for xmog stuff anymore or just go old school rep grinding and questing anymore now.

=/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
There's more active guilds raiding (or attempting to) on the Alliance side from what I can see on wowprogress for ysera, no idea how it is for the Horde fellows over there as I only come over there to peek at the AH for 5 minutes.

Have I noticed a decline? Yes.
Is it enough to label the server dead? After seeing the complaints of OTHER servers, we're quite alive and well. It could be far worse than this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I was wondering if this is a good server to get a fresh start of things? I honestly have no real reason to be doing so, just honestly would like a different perspective and would like to start from scratch. An answer would be great, thank you in advance :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
About 2 months ago I transfered and race changed to this server from a RP-PVP server.

I also wanted a fresh start.

I got lucky and the first guild I joined has some very nice people
Even the people I have spoken to while questing have been cool.

I think being an older server and PVE sets a nice tone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Silvor, its good, just gotta know how to play your cards right. If you wanna raid, raiding progression is much better on Alliance! And I would have to say Helzuze, welcome to Ysera!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Tyvm for the responses :) Ill be sure to do that then! I have already made my character who is ally, I also like to pvp so you figure I will probably be content with this and hopefully not get bored of leveling XD
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/14/2013 09:42 AMPosted by Palmolive
Stormwind just seemed very dead when I popped over to a bank alt.

At peak times, people are in Pandaria AFK'ing in the hubs, doing dailies, or in instances (raid, dungeon, battleground, etc.) Even my lower level alts hearth there. It seems like Stormwind or Orgrimmar being lower traffic isn't much of an indicator of server population these days. Just do a /who.

Judging by my experiences in BC and Wrath (I essentially spent Cataclysm in Tol Barad), this is not a new phenomenon. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'll tell you one thing, though. No competition for ore nodes, even during peak hours + high AH prices for bars across the board is true happiness. I love this place. While the server isn't "dead", it's not really booming either, maybe a little below average of population.

Also, Stormwind isn't exactly crawling with people during peak hours, and is basically dead when it comes to the early or late hours, but there's generally a lot of people out and about doing other things that don't involve hanging around. Toromei is mostly correct.

/who'ing around 5am, you'll likely see about 30-40 level 90's on.
Edited by Skyler on 1/23/2013 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Stay away from our gates!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/23/2013 12:10 PMPosted by Skyler
Also, Stormwind isn't exactly crawling with people during peak hours, and is basically dead when it comes to the early or late hours, but there's generally a lot of people out and about doing other things that don't involve hanging around. Toromei is mostly correct.

Indeed, I often pride myself on being mostly correct. ^_^
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Having the realm listed as 'New Players' is hardly a disaster. New blood is always a good thing. There are certainly enough small guilds around (mine included) wishing for more people - not that I expect to ever see them sign up for ours when there are more appealing options around.

New players might also mean the last two dozen vanilla world drop transmog pieces I'm searching for could show up on the AH. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You guys should just pack up and move to Turalyon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/27/2013 06:52 AMPosted by Síeara
You guys should just pack up and move to Turalyon.

You are indefinitely a troll, keep that in trade chat. :P

Having the realm listed as 'New Players' is hardly a disaster. New blood is always a good thing. There are certainly enough small guilds around (mine included) wishing for more people - not that I expect to ever see them sign up for ours when there are more appealing options around.

New players might also mean the last two dozen vanilla world drop transmog pieces I'm searching for could show up on the AH. Keeping my fingers crossed.

And I love the fact that we are getting "new blood" on Ysera. Its interesting to see what the players are looking for in a guild on the server really.

I did, I will add, find it a bit comical that we got listed as a "New Player" realm to say the least but hey at least we are getting "some" attention so we can get a bit populated. Its crazy that I do miss lagging like a mofo in Org or Two Moons rofl XD *was a sign for me that the cities were decently populated*
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Its crazy that I do miss lagging like a mofo in Org or Two Moons rofl XD *was a sign for me that the cities were decently populated*

Minus the exception that I would refer to Stormwind for your example, I can say the same...well, if you disregard the fact that when I DID lag playing this game, I was playing it on a brick (a computer from before 2000...how it ran the game in Wrath is beyond me).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I see what you did there
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]