Reforging for holy

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I keep seeing different theories here the

Spirit>Haste builds and the
Spirit>Mastery builds

Can someone shed some light on each theory, or am i totally off and there is only one way to reforge?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Mastery is currently the correct way to reforge for PvE. It's boring that there is no alternative, but Haste doesn't offer the mana efficiency that we desire and Crit doesn't offer reliability. Mastery is just flat-out awesome.

Spirit, it should go without saying, is necessary to keep the mana rolling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mastery is currently the correct way to reforge for PvE. It's boring that there is no alternative, but Haste doesn't offer the mana efficiency that we desire and Crit doesn't offer reliability. Mastery is just flat-out awesome.

Spirit, it should go without saying, is necessary to keep the mana rolling.

said it the best... used to love haste>mastery in cata, but its now pretty clear with as much as we stress our mana its mastery>haste... just gotta time your spells a bit better
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I personally run mastery>crit>haste
and theoretically it could work out as all the early "qq mastery" ppl predicted, I am 9/18h 10man 498ilvl running with a rsham and spriest, and usually finish most non-progression fights with anywhere from 0-70% mana

So while it "may" be possible with the right comp to start going haste>mastery, the niche we fit in right now (the guy streaming heals in the background) works out really well stacking mastery
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I prefer the way it is actually because before it was only skill spam and wasn't fun. We had lots of haste and "infinite" mana in the end of cata. Healing actually needs you to think more if the skill that you're casting will do a good job or just overheal/waste your mana. Mastery was the wrost stat because with lots of mana, we prefer to cast more. With less mana, you want your heals to be really efficient and if they're capable of make your target absorb damage, wow that's awesome.

That's my point of view, I stopped playing for a while since Dragon Soul and just the fact that I didn't need to judge was really new for me. Healing today is "simplier" but you need to think more about what you're doing.
Edited by Marchen on 1/15/2013 5:17 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]