What ret needs now.

90 Human Paladin
I caught wind of the reversal of the pvp power nerf, which was horrid against ret.

Pending on the strength of that, all ret really needs is a lil more sustained and ways to break cc, trinket one thing and u are a sitting duck sadly :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think we need to bring some utility exclusive to ret (and perhaps prot). One of the main flaws with Retribution is that any we can do, Holy can do better... and safer. Aside from damage, which other classes can do better.

Also, some more ret Buffs for your pleasure:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=15#299
Edited by Nathanyel on 1/14/2013 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
^yep i agree, there needs to be exclusive utility, even for pallies or all classes, too many spells are being duplicated to other classes, that's no fun at all, it gives flavor to the game and classes. No more Divine Intervention, a little part of me died when i saw it was removed, that was so awesome haha

but yes, more exclusive utility as a whole for pallies and as ret....just something but idk what
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Totally agree with missing class diversication (if i may use that word) but I miss older expansions that set classes apart. I understand why Blizzard made the changes, but ultimately I think they took some class flavor away from the game. There was a reaosn you wanted a priest for this or a pally for that, etc.
Also yes :( to no more DI!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/14/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Ghostcrawler
Retribution now does 50% extra healing with Flash Heal. The Selfless Healer talent has been reduced to 20/40/60% bonus healing.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbznk91Yux1r42uzm.gif
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"PvP power now increases healing by 25% again"
WOOOOOO THAT'S !@#$IN AMAZING WE ARE VI....wait, we lack short defensive cds and are susceptible to cc, forcing us to stack resil>PvPower

"50% increased healing with flash heal"
Oh you ghostcrawler, you know just wait to say to make the tears go away

As far as "we need more utility as ret" yeah, we aren't in the best place right now, but honestly all it would take is for Divine Protection/Hand of Purity to be usable while cc'd and I'd already be at the tome vendor waiting to pick that %^-* up instead of spending my time scrolling through forums
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/15/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Ayfo
resil>PvPower

That's been the general consensus since day 2 or 3 of the pvp power nerf. I'm starting to change my mind.

I'm in full malevolent gear and just changed my gemming in favor of pvp power. I'm dealing a pretty sick amount of damage to other players. HoW, TV and Prism crits for upwards of 70k.

Like... literally globaling people. My biggest problem with ret (other not being able to heal my way out of a paper bag) was low damage and survivability.

In my opinion a good offense is the best defense.
Edited by Invincible on 1/15/2013 5:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yeah, that change to the 4pc Ret set just blows. So much for sustained raid dmg buff...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, that change to the 4pc Ret set just blows. So much for sustained raid dmg buff...

It actually still is. Divine Storm'll deal full weapon damage as holy damage, plus in GC's own words a damage proc that'll equal the usage of TV on a target, which also does Nature damage instead of Physical, meaning more damage overall. It may actually be a bit more of a sustained dps buff than the old 4pc, it's just that I'm not sure how it'll actually feel to use...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/15/2013 04:59 PMPosted by Jackishi
It actually still is. Divine Storm'll deal full weapon damage as holy damage, plus in GC's own words a damage proc that'll equal the usage of TV on a target, which also does Nature damage instead of Physical, meaning more damage overall. It may actually be a bit more of a sustained dps buff than the old 4pc, it's just that I'm not sure how it'll actually feel to use...

It still makes very little sense and the explanation they gave was extremely vague.

"Here use this AoE ability for no other reason than it procs"

We'll also be losing the TV glyph buff by using DS instead of TV which I'm sure is going to piss some PvE nerds off.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
a censure/seal buff would be nice. maybe even make the immediate truth glyph make seals hit even harder: almost like way back when SoR was the pvp seal.

It would force our burst to be even higher, not a good deal.

DP baseline, overall prob one of the greatest things they could do to help sustaining damage while leaving burst almost completely unchanged.(Because during burst cds <SW or HA> you're already using HoW or TV every other global) Only problem is casual rets who have an issue with the already easy rotation will complain about it being so RNG when really with the extra 2HP+HP generators we have now compare to when DP was baseline, it wouldn't be too much RNG. Sure you'll once in awhile maybe clip a proc at your 5th HP gain forcing you to dump 2 finishers while HP generators are off cd, but that could be solved by making sure you dump finisher at 3-4HP.

It would also help pvp out with having the extra heal/damage output, gain without much issue in the burst we have.

inb4 I don't want my ungodly hard rotation to become even harder hurrrr

pretty simple fix
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote="75914299428"]in full malevolent gear

Like... literally globaling people.

Ret scales awesome with gear. :D

Crush warriors all day.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Does not fix the most of it:

WoG will go from healing for 45k to 50k (it's live on PTR and I tested it). FoL is only if you take Selfless Healer and stack 3 to use instant, so it'll self heal for 65k every about 16 secs - no really game changing.

The changes made were RIGHT but it's only 1/4 of it. WoG have to scale better, there must be a way to increase our sustained damage (Baseline Divine Purpose?), a NEW Ret exclusive CC/Silence AND better survivability CD like 3 mins bubble, 30% all damage mitigation from DProt, DProt breaks stun, fear or silence... anything like that to COMPETE with other specs/classes.

Or, just nerf everyone else to the ground, becouse the diference is huge on high rated PVP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]