Blizz You Are Ruining The Uniqueness of Disc

90 Night Elf Priest
I get it. You want to defend your stance that its a major nerf. Congratulations! Never once did I ever say it wasn't a nerf. What I did say was, there is no reason that in my crap gear I should be able to out heal geared healers regardless of the mechanics of the fight.

I never once claimed to know any in depth knowledge of priest healing and it is my true ignorance of the priest healing mechanics which proves my entire point that an "ignorant, crappy priest" in crappy gear can out heal intelligent geared healers of any other class- Regardless of mechanics or whether that fight was done on normal. That is what is showing the current overpowered abilities of disc in general. And that is what Blizz is working to rectify. I am also completely aware of what an absorb is, how it works, and how it negates the healing attempts of other healers. Again something Blizz is working to rectify.

It is only you who, completely absorbed in your spoiled position in the xpac, are crying about changes (that are still on the ptr) that were required in order to make game play fun and balanced, for all healers, not just disc priests.

To which, your own elitist attitudes, in an attempt to convince that you are not OP, have insulted, not only myself (for even if I can't play a priest, I darn well know how to play my paladin and am by no means lacking in intelligence) but you have also insulted the other healers in my guild who are also amazing healers. Even if they don't fit your "standards."

So congratulations now not only do you sound petulant, you're rude as well.
Edited by Emaelii on 1/18/2013 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You need to reread this thread, and every other thread, in this forum, and the priest boards, and everything I've posted so far before you start pointing fingers and calling people mean and being hurt and saying how I'm saying denying disc is OP, my dear.

Seriously. Your saying you're clueless thus you are right in your case and everyone else is wrong is not helping your case - or anyone's case. If anything it makes you look worse.
Edited by Zamboozle on 1/18/2013 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
01/18/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Emaelii

This is the internets, babycakes, get used to it.

8)

Kidding aside, if you read what a lot of the priests in the forums are saying and what they've said in the past, a nerf was needed. HOWEVER, people are worried that we've been nerfed into the ground. That is yet to be seen, considering nerfs are currently on the PTR and already have been mixed around with from what I've read. We'll see how it turns out when the patch hits.

You'd perhaps receive more positive feedback on your posts if you didn't spew words such as "crying" and "spoiled". Posts like yours are a dime a dozen and are far from helpful. In fact, some might take them as borderline trolling. :P

You may be ignorant on how to play a priest but you must have a general idea to be pulling ahead of the others. We've seen logs with disc priests doing far under what their co-healers are doing (which is really, really terribad). It's not like if you just mash keys you're always going to be on top, so don't act like that's the case. A bad healer is always going to be problematic in raid progression, regardless if the class is OP at the time or not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I get it. You want to defend your stance that its a major nerf. Congratulations! Never once did I ever say it wasn't a nerf. What I did say was, there is no reason that in my crap gear I should be able to out heal geared healers regardless of the mechanics of the fight.

I never once claimed to know any in depth knowledge of priest healing and it is my true ignorance of the priest healing mechanics which proves my entire point that an "ignorant, crappy priest" in crappy gear can out heal intelligent geared healers of any other class- Regardless of mechanics or whether that fight was done on normal. That is what is showing the current overpowered abilities of disc in general. And that is what Blizz is working to rectify. I am also completely aware of what an absorb is, how it works, and how it negates the healing attempts of other healers. Again something Blizz is working to rectify.

It is only you who, completely absorbed in your spoiled position in the xpac, are crying about changes (that are still on the ptr) that were required in order to make game play fun and balanced, for all healers, not just disc priests.

To which, your own elitist attitudes, in an attempt to convince that you are not OP, have insulted, not only myself (for even if I can't play a priest, I darn well know how to play my paladin and am by no means lacking in intelligence) but you have also insulted the other healers in my guild who are also amazing healers. Even if they don't fit your "standards."

Everything you said in this entire wall of text is a complete fabrication of what actually happened/how the game works.

Now let me tear apart your post point by point:

there is no reason that in my crap gear I should be able to out heal geared healers regardless of the mechanics of the fight.

So you're saying the game should be balanced to the point where the only factor that affects healing output (and dps output by extension) should be gear. According to you, boss mechanics and skill are completely irrelevant. Sorry bud but the only way that is possible is if all classes have the same skills and are played by UI instead of players. !@#$ LOGIC!!!

proves my entire point that an "ignorant, crappy priest" in crappy gear can out heal intelligent geared healers of any other class- Regardless of mechanics or whether that fight was done on normal.

The other healers in the logs you posted were neither intelligent nor geared. I think I remember seeing 47k hps as the 2nd highest healer in an Elegon fight? That's terrible and any half-decent player could outheal that in any healing spec. Also, once again, Mechanics do matter princess. Elegon provides both a healing and damage buff which benefits Atonement heals (your top heal) twice.

To which, your own elitist attitudes, in an attempt to convince that you are not OP...

Read through all the threads about disc priests right now (all 500 of em) and you will see that most of the priests complaining state outright that Disc IS overpowered currently but that the extend of the nerfs are well beyond the point of balance and will ruin disc as a healing spec if it goes live. We do not deny that PoH spam is OP in 25mans and that Spirit Shell is OP overall.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Tweakler:

I find the irony hilarious. You claim people should test their arguments yet you are horribly wrong here.

DA only shows up on crits now, even when casting PoH. First Mastery didn't work on Spirit Shell and now it only works a fraction of the time on PoH. Disc AOE, Regen and Mastery are all massively nerfed by a crippling amount.

Well, actually, right now DA shows up on any PoH cast. I'm sorry if there was any confusion, but I thought it was clear that I was indicating what we currently experience rather than what we will presently experience.

The math I offered is also true now, and will continue to be true in the future. DA does and will benefit from Mastery. It's easily tested in game.
Edited by Elethia on 1/19/2013 6:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You bring spirit shell, pain supp, barrier, and PWS, you're still viable in progression raiding, and healing farm content is faceroll easy and thus you're...STILL viable.

Why are you complaining, again? Spirit Shell is the problem here, not the auto-DA. One removes meter padding, one completely trivializes nearly every boss mechanic in current content. Guess which one you still get? Oh yeah, trivializing boss mechanics. Know what that means? raid viability!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Why are you complaining, again? Spirit Shell is the problem here, not the auto-DA.

Both spells were severely nerfed along with our mana regen. That's why we are complaining.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC

Why are you complaining, again? Spirit Shell is the problem here, not the auto-DA.

Both spells were severely nerfed along with our mana regen. That's why we are complaining.

Yet you'll still be fine because you bring something no other healer can bring. Even at the start of the expansion when disc wasn't the greatest and priest cried for days, they were still being brought to heroic progression(Even as Holy). Don't underestimate what a Disc priest brings to a raid because you won't be #1 on meters.
Edited by Sensations on 1/20/2013 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/20/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Sensations
Yet you'll still be fine because you bring something no other healer can bring. Even at the start of the expansion when disc wasn't the greatest and priest cried for days, they were still being brought to heroic progression. Don't underestimate what a Disc priest brings to a raid because you won't be #1 on meters.

We were brought for one fight. :-P Even Paragon had their Priest go Holy for every other encounter.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
We were brought for one fight. :-P Even Paragon had their Priest go Holy for every other encounter.

Actually, no.

http://www.paragon.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3754
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/20/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Elethia

Actually, no.

http://www.paragon.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3754

That doesn't explain the Chakra appearing in their kill shots, but ok. However, their Priest also makes a really good point:

"Utility without power has no place in 10s where you constitute up to 50% of healers. Moreover, in 10s Barrier is just kind of... there, and I usually forget I even have it."
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I actually had a hard time finding more than 1-2 of their kill shots, which is why I asked Jhaz. Where were you finding them?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/20/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Elethia
I actually had a hard time finding more than 1-2 of their kill shots, which is why I asked Jhaz. Where were you finding them?

I can't find -any- of them now, but they'd been posted in various areas. I looked all over their site, but they don't seem to have kill shots there (and only...four videos?). I swear I saw some on MMO champion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I can't find -any- of them now, but they'd been posted in various areas. I looked all over their site, but they don't seem to have kill shots there (and only...four videos?). I swear I saw some on MMO champion.

Here's the shot from Will:
http://www.paragon.fi/news/will-emperor-down-66-mogushan-vaults

And the video (clearly shows Jhaz in Chakra):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HEHh-kATbWo

edit: realized Will was already acknowledged. I don't remember seeing him Holy in any others.
Edited by Kaels on 1/20/2013 12:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
yeah, she said she was Holy for Heroic Will.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]