5.3 wish list maybe can happen

90 Human Paladin
We get dive purpose as baseline
get back 60%crit to wings
Divine storm from bc days

3 things i ask

i know people say paladin balance class right now.
But theres no point balance 1 class when others are out of control

so ya wah ur guyz wish list for 5.3 ?
Edited by Scar on 1/15/2013 5:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 05:35 PMPosted by Scar

So get the other classes in control (like they're doing right now) and don't give us things that'll just get nerfed worse than if they tinkered with it?

60% crit with wings would be horribly, HORRIBLY overpowered in this expansion, especially when cooldown stacking. And Divine Purpose baseline would just make more people scream - people didn't want RNG dps baseline, it was annoying to balance around. If you want it, you can talent into it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/15/2013 05:42 PMPosted by Jackishi

So get the other classes in control (like they're doing right now) and don't give us things that'll just get nerfed worse than if they tinkered with it?

60% crit with wings would be horribly, HORRIBLY overpowered in this expansion, especially when cooldown stacking. And Divine Purpose baseline would just make more people scream - people didn't want RNG dps baseline, it was annoying to balance around. If you want it, you can talent into it.

you honestly think they can balance all classes , omg im crying lol
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
60% crit, very bad idea. we have the crit we need with Inq up.(jk people seem to even have issues with Inq's simple mechanic)

DP baseline, overall prob one of the greatest things they could do to help sustaining damage while leaving burst almost completely unchanged.(Because during burst cds <SW or HA> you're already using HoW or TV every other global) Only problem is casual rets who have an issue with the already easy rotation will complain about it being so RNG when really with the extra 2HP+HP generators we have now compare to when DP was baseline, it wouldn't be too much RNG. Sure you'll once in awhile maybe clip a proc at your 5th HP gain forcing you to dump 2 finishers while HP generators are off cd, but that could be solved by making sure you dump finisher at 3-4HP.

It would also help pvp out with having the extra heal/damage output, gain without much issue in the burst we have.

inb4 I don't want my ungodly hard rotation to become even harder hurrrr
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

what is this i'm 12.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

you honestly think they can balance all classes , omg im crying lol

You honestly think your changes are balanced? Omg, I'm facepalming.

Thermadin, I don't actually have a problem with Divine Purpose, I used it a lot before switching to Holy Avenger (and current iteration's actually easier to use than the old one, which procced on literally everything and could mess up the rotation something fierce). The problem with DP being baseline is balancing around it - it'd be a nightmare because you could get lucky, making your dps look awesome, and then a bad streak where you'd have no procs. A lot of people didn't like the lack of control being balanced around DP had, which is why they made it optional instead.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

Wat.

01/15/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Thermadin
inb4 I don't want my ungodly hard rotation to become even harder hurrrr

Just because people don't want RNG returned to baseline Ret, more then it already has, doesn't mean they're stupid or bad as you imply.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 06:14 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
doesn't mean they're stupid or bad as you imply.

im not gonna say the multiple threads about Inq being hard to manage is funny. but it funey
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
01/15/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Thermadin
im not gonna say the multiple threads about Inq being hard to manage is funny. but it funey

Hilarious.

But that's not the same vein as being against baseline DP.
Reply Quote
Some of you people come up with the stupidest things
Edited by Elias on 1/15/2013 6:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 06:30 PMPosted by Elias
Some of you people come up with the stupidest things

thanks, I have an Etch A Sketch with all my idea sketched out, it's pretty legit

01/15/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Jackishi
The problem with DP being baseline is balancing around it - it'd be a nightmare because you could get lucky, making your dps look awesome, and then a bad streak where you'd have no procs.

Fire mage seemed to make the RNG spell be great(now that theyre all arcane) prepatch ive seen my mages burst be half mine, same as mine, and even doubled mine, just from a proc at the start of a fight
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/15/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Jackishi
The problem with DP being baseline is balancing around it - it'd be a nightmare because you could get lucky, making your dps look awesome, and then a bad streak where you'd have no procs.

Lol who cares? This whole game is built around rng dictating dps. 25% is a pretty solid proc chance. I wouldn't mind seeing DP become base line, but that wouldn't help rets where they are weakest:

Extremely bad calls pertaining to class design.

=o
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
If divine purpose was baseline, they would probably nerf the proc rate, or they would nerf our damage to compensate for the extra talent available. Personally I would rather keep DP where it is. Right now it works great for people who prefer RNG over predictability.

As for 60% crit to wings, im guessing you meant to say 60% crit to hammer of wrath. 60% flat from wings would just be overkill, not to mention it would mean them making our sustained dps even lower to compensate for the increased burst from popping wings or making the CD longer. I do think that HoW could use a boost in damage to make it more attractive since its a situational use spell, but 60% is still asking a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Invincible

Lol who cares? This whole game is built around rng dictating dps. 25% is a pretty solid proc chance. I wouldn't mind seeing DP become base line, but that wouldn't help rets where they are weakest:

Extremely bad calls pertaining to class design.

=o

We get that with Exorcism though, which I'm fine with. If DP was kept baseline at 25%, that'd be pretty neat - as is, proc chance or damage somewhere would probably get nerfed to compensate it stacking with the talents available in the tier, making it less fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ghostcrawler said that buffing ret sustained is somehow, somewhat, possibly on the to do list.

He also said too much wings = too much visual noise....

Not sure how demo locks got past him but at least he acknowledged the problem.

I personally think ret damage is fine.

The only think ret needs is the ability to peel. FoJ should be baseline with a 4-5 sec duration and BL needs to be on a 1min CD.

For once ret PvP is looking better than ret PvE. :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/15/2013 07:13 PMPosted by Invincible
The only think ret needs is the ability to peel. FoJ should be baseline with a 4-5 sec duration and BL needs to be on a 1min CD.

Oh, if only.

That being said, I wonder what idea they have for sustained? If it's something more interesting than buffing Censure's damage, that'd be awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The tweet sounded like it would have to do with CD tweaking. The change to the 4-pc is just a case of fixing what isn't broken for the sake of fixing something.

I don't think adjusting burst would accomplish that end... 5% buff to cs, j and exo would be perfect... not slightly less frustration over blowing all your CDs right before lei-shi vanishes.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/15/2013 07:13 PMPosted by Invincible
For once ret PvP is looking better than ret PvE. :D

Ret PvE is fine - what the hell are you babbling about?
Reply Quote
get back 60%crit to wings

I can see this lasting for like 2 hours...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]