Help save the realm

90 Blood Elf Priest
I cant help but notice the sad state of this realm at the moment. It seems like every day I check these forums another player or guild is leaving. Being the GM of this guild gives me some limited power to try to help the situation.

I personally have been through some of the situations I have seen described on these forums. After the initial content of Cata my guild went through some problems and many of us quit. After an 8 month break we came back stronger then ever with many of our original members and many more new ones. I understand the problems some GM's have posted about here but i believe it just takes a little bit of commitment from the core of a guild to keep it going.

As it stands now it seems the Alliance is taking a beating. Two of your tops guilds have either left or disbanded and this is a problem for both sides. There are still some very good players on this realm both Alliance and Horde. I ask that before you decide to transfer or quit that you come take a minute to talk to me or one of my officers. Horde and Alliance have had some scuffles on these boards at times but i think it is time we put that behind us for the benefit of the server as a whole.

I would like to extend an invitation to anyone that thinks they need to leave the realm to find a better community or raid group. IsThatGnomeOnMyBoots is ready and willing to accept anyone from any of the guilds that have moved or disbanded. We can bring this realm back from the dead if we work together.

On a side note. Semi Serious, Dabu, Reicarnated and others are full of nice people and good players with stable leadership. I ask the leaders of these guild to join me in helping to bring this realm back to life.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I Agree. Im in the process of either swapping to Horde or going to Stormreaver. Maybe ill jump over horde side and see how that works.
Reply Quote
I really think collaboration is exactly what is needed. It seems like guilds are getting frustrated at the difficulty it is to recruit new players. If GMs and raid leaders from various guilds began to talk between each other, I really think that we could help each other out and not let everyone's raid groups implode. I know that our guild's core raiders have plenty of alts. Each player is more than capable of helping out fill in a dps/tank/healer spot if needed until a permanent player is filled. It has to be like this on the alliance side as well. Please, ask each other for help. Like Arish said, there are so many quality players on this realm. We really want it to stay this way.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Swap to horde! We have profession leveling kits! And free hugs!
Reply Quote
It really doesn't make sense to side swap and stay on muradin imo.

Cost to change sides $30
Cost to move to a better server on same faction $25.

/shrug, just doesn't make sense to me.
Reply Quote
As mentioned before in these forums, part of the problem seems its due to so many people holding onto and/or trying to start old/new raiding guilds. Many of the remaining people get tied up in these guilds which lowers the of available people.

I'm not trying to say something like "people should stop trying to be independent" but at the same time, I am. If people want to make progress in raids, maybe they should look to groups who are already making progress.

I think some of the resistance to doing this though is people's opinion of players in some of these progressing groups. A lot of it is likely due to opinions that were built in the past, but some people don't realize that people change. Just because you didn't like a player in the past, doesn't mean you have to continue avoiding them. Who knows, you might even find it fun to play with them.

I think everyone needs to remember that though, we're all here to have fun. Trying to gather people for raiding is an attempt to have some fun as a group.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Treystand says it perfectly. Tons of quality players on this realm that are spread too thin. Form Voltron or join a proven stable guild that is openly taking new raiders. There are options here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I think Ilych and Treystand have said their piece better than I ever could.

If anyone Alliance side is looking for a solid guild of likeable, fun individuals that is already in raiding mode and working on progression, feel free to contact <needs hugs>. Afterall, everyone on Muradin could use more hugs, right?

I also have a druid alt that's bear/tree and I'm free to raid on that character, if anyone needs a filler. =D
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ah, to see Muradin in its former heyday one more time...

Hopefully we can get an active community up and running.
Reply Quote
Well...depending on how major this "incentivization of 25man" thing being referred to by GC is realms like muradin may well and truly be screwed.

We can't even stop clinging to our guild tags long enough to field 10man progression let alone increasing rosters by 15 people min.

I keep trying to type out my thoughts for this thread and keep deciding it's better to not post what I type :( I WANT muradin to succeed, but so much of what I see suggested is either counter-productive or is just a great example of the problem. Everyone pipes up and says JOIN MY GUILD COME HERE COME HERE and that really doesn't help a damn thing.

We need to step away from our guilds, stop worrying about tags and achieves and start getting to know each other as players and forming raids based on that imo. As long as everyone is stuck in this "guild is all" mentality that cata brought with it's stupid guild systems realms like muradin will continue to fall. We haven't been a big progression server...pretty much ever, but it was still very possible to have a good time. That good time feeling going away is what's choking us and imo the reasons for that are 1. the guild level/achieve/perk system and 2. poor overall guild health. The big guilds over-recruit to a ridiculous point and are buddy-buddy with each other causing people to feel uncomfortable joining other guilds after leaving one and thus deciding to create the 1909987987th new guild that never gets off the ground.

I don't know the solution, I sure as hell wish I did /shrug..good luck to us all I suppose.
Edited by Feyranna on 1/17/2013 2:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
One guild to rule them all... ;-)

The big guilds over-recruit to a ridiculous point and are buddy-buddy with each other causing people to feel uncomfortable joining other guilds after leaving one and thus deciding to create the 1909987987th new guild that never gets off the ground.

This is just a part of life. Whenever you hang around new groups of people, there's always going to be a period where you're not in on the inside jokes.

The grass is only greener where you make it.
Edited by Treystand on 1/17/2013 8:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
*IF* the incentives for running a 25man were substantial, I could see myself leading a large raid team again. But Blizzard would probably have to shower me with gold every 20 minutes. <laughs>
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Active Raiding Guilds
25-Man Guilds 921
10-Man Guilds 26,587
Total Guilds 27,508

Blizzard isn't stupid. Nothing to worry about..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

I'm not trying to say something like "people should stop trying to be independent" but at the same time, I am.

After being an on and off "mercenary for hire" for many guilds over my years of playing wow, I can guarantee that being independent is overrated.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I would love to save Muradin and there is no reason why it couldn't happen. It is easy as a GM and RL to despair somewhat when seeing the most recognizable guild names bid us all adieu. I have even succumbed to the temptation of looking at a server xfer. It comes down to whether you feel the realm is more important or the guild is more important. Its more difficult of a question to really answer as the two are often connected. Do you stay put and honor the efforts of the server, knowing that the lack of replacement players may cause the guild to fail? Or do you risk a server xfer, hoping the team comes along, trying to create some energy within the guild?

It is very frustrating and disappointing to have to cancel a raid because you simply cannot pug even a single raider. Like Ami, I agree with Illych and Trey, communication is what is best. As sad as it is to see Order of the Ancient standing down, DnMT would not have been able to continue on with as many raid nights as it did. Thank you Raven for all the help you gave us, we certainly tried to reciprocate with as many available raiders as we could. We have always been close with Sixth AD, and with Raven & Co. at OotA and plenty of other guilds as well. Good collaboration and communication will save us...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
As someone who has server transferred six times, rerolled twice, and faction changed once... I can say with certainty that if someone isn't happy on a server (or even with a guild), that when they make that decision to leave, it isn't often taken lightly. We make friends on the servers we are on, and moving on sometimes means leaving them (nowadays with realID, it's easier to keep in contact with old friends). If someone thinks that they will be happier and have more fun by server transferring, the best thing to do is wish them luck.

Now that we have guild transfers available, I just don't see why a guild should have such server loyalty if they are able to progress at their chosen focus much better somewhere else, if that's what they choose to do. I don't think Muradin is "dying" as much as the raiding hasn't been the best here of late and for whatever reason, there's not many people rolling to raid here so recruitment's been tough.

I mean, why do we all feel that Muradin is dying?

What does need to happen is for people to reroll some damn healers. <shakes fist>

<3

Just to note, I'm not what you would call a guild hopper, I've just been playing way too long, and a lot of those transfers were back in vanilla/TBC.
Reply Quote
One guild to rule them all... ;-)

The big guilds over-recruit to a ridiculous point and are buddy-buddy with each other causing people to feel uncomfortable joining other guilds after leaving one and thus deciding to create the 1909987987th new guild that never gets off the ground.

This is just a part of life. Whenever you hang around new groups of people, there's always going to be a period where you're not in on the inside jokes.

The grass is only greener where you make it.

I suppose I should have clarified that I was referring to the ally side with that bit since horde-side doesn't have that particular issue.

For example: Someone joins Sixth AD, they have a BIG issue with leadership there they aren't going to feel like they can go to Drama N Mage Tears or L'adair Famiglia at all. I'm not talking about being the new gal...I'm talking about blackballing being done by guilds.
Edited by Feyranna on 1/17/2013 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Let me preface this by saying: The views expressed by this rogue do not represent those of The Brotherhood of Fire. I'd prefer to post on an unguilded toon but my main has the most longevity on the server and a low level alt would only invite MORE flaming. That said I am pulling on my asbestos britches for the flaming I'm certain will come from the following.

I've been Alliance on Muradin since vanilla; it is the 1st and only server I have ever really played on. Oh sure, I've dabbled with various black hearted horde alts on other servers when my home server was down, but this is my home and I bleed Alliance blue. So I will break with a habit of not posting on forums and offer some input here.

It boggles my mind that anyone is surprised the server is dying. I can’t speak for what goes on in Ogrimmar, but I can say that the Alliance has no sense of community; sure there are some progressed guilds, as well as some small cliques that go beyond the tabards we wear, but no sense of community. Sit in ally trade at any given point on Muradin and what are you most going to “hear”? Well, mostly crickets right now, but rewind to any point prior in the last 3yrs and what would it be? Posturing, people talking about how great they are and how bad others are. An epeen circle jerk.

At some point on this server it became the cool thing to be as rude and as derogatory as you can to each other. I’m not really sure what the catalyst was. Maybe it was the widespread use of Elitist Jerks, and people’s false interpretation that to be slightly above the curve grants you license to be rude. Maybe it was that everyone saw how much attention Wes used to get in trade and wanted to make a similar name for themselves. Like I said I am not sure, but you can’t spend every day in trade talking about how sub par anyone not in your guild is and expect everyone else to have warm fuzzies about you and you your guild. When the time comes and you sound the call for recruits who do you expect to come running? Certainly not the people you have spent the last 3 years belittling.

I am not saying that every guild does this or that every member of the guilds that do, condone the behavior. In fact the saddest part is that for many of the most guilty this is an affected behavior. One on one they are decent and helpful, but have them type /2 and they might as well have taken a dose of Dr Jekyll’s elixir. I have run with many of them over the years and during Cata I was very active running numerous BH groups and between 5-7 DS pugs a week so I know that for the most part this is a civil and helpful server, so why do we tolerate this in trade?

Last I checked no one on this server is publishing theory crafting blogs, so none should feel so superior, in fact if you aspire to be like those that do play on the cutting edge and publish the guides and spreadsheets we all rely on then you would adopt a mindset not of denigration, but rather one of development. I can’t say for sure (since I would say I’m an adequate raider only) but I imagine the top ranked players understand that developing players gives you a larger pool to pull from when the time comes that you do need help, or to recruit for a 2nd team. I understand the need for a benchmark on a progression team but not a one of us has made it to endgame raiding without a derp moment or two (I am always finding new ways to kill myself with killing spree even after 6 years) and someone there to help us work through rotation issues and the like. In fact EVERY single endgame raid team is built around a person who is there to instruct and develop players, so why would that not be what you present to the community as a whole?

The chickens are coming home to roost, Bobby Boucher. You'll rid yourself of yo' foolish ways.

We are most likely about to be marked with a low population designation, which means we might see an influx of refugees from high pop servers. I say MIGHT because I don’t see our forums or trade (ally side) being a draw to anyone putting thought into a move. Some might not research or see us as a blank slate environment. Some will come as guilds with an eye towards realm 1st achievements; some will straggle in. Either way every guild needs to assess what face they will be showing the new arrivals. Hopefully they will be greeted with much more civility and excitement than Dabu was.

Why would having access to a progressed skilled raid team or player be a bad thing? I hope we can retain these players when they come, and I hope we can get back to a point where it’s possible for me to get all of my toons into pug runs at some point.

So I could type on for days about the many reasons I think Muradin is dying, but it mostly boils down to civility and lack of a community. I’m not saying you need to dye yourself pink and stencil a rainbow on your belly, but you could try giving people a hand up instead of kicking them down.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/18/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Cuchullin
I’m not saying you need to dye yourself pink and stencil a rainbow on your belly,

lawls, my tabard
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]