Help save the realm

15 Blood Elf Hunter
Hey All,

I am just throwing my 2 cents in about the server, specifically the Alliance side, I think that at this point with as hard as it has been to find new recruits most of the remaining teams are starting to fall apart because what is left of the team is demoralized by the lack of activity on this server. I don't mean to speak for anyone other than our guild, but I know that is what we are going through.

So I was thinking that one of the ways we can work together to help out the Alliance side is to have the guilds work together to help each other fill empty spots and get teams together to raid. I know that this might mean that our guild might not get credit for progression but we as a server could get bosses down and raid to help build up morale of the raiders on the server. Also with multiple guilds working together we might be able to match up new raiders with the team that best fits them.

I know that 6th AD will help out and is always willing to talk to any of the guilds that are interested, feel free to reach out to any of our officers Amun listed above or to Ramada to set up a meeting to try to figure things out. I hope that this might work, talk to you guys in game

I agree with the part of the demoralization. I am very happy just contently playing with my friends and guild, but I have visited the realm forums less just because it seems to give some sorta gloomy outlook on it all >_>

I don't know, I feel the population problem is only as bad as we make it out to be.
Edited by Zaestrasza on 5/14/2013 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hey All,

I am just throwing my 2 cents in about the server, specifically the Alliance side, I think that at this point with as hard as it has been to find new recruits most of the remaining teams are starting to fall apart because what is left of the team is demoralized by the lack of activity on this server. I don't mean to speak for anyone other than our guild, but I know that is what we are going through.

So I was thinking that one of the ways we can work together to help out the Alliance side is to have the guilds work together to help each other fill empty spots and get teams together to raid. I know that this might mean that our guild might not get credit for progression but we as a server could get bosses down and raid to help build up morale of the raiders on the server. Also with multiple guilds working together we might be able to match up new raiders with the team that best fits them.

I know that 6th AD will help out and is always willing to talk to any of the guilds that are interested, feel free to reach out to any of our officers Amun listed above or to Ramada to set up a meeting to try to figure things out. I hope that this might work, talk to you guys in game

I agree with the part of the demoralization. I am very happy just contently playing with my friends and guild, but I have visited the realm forums less just because it seems to give some sorta gloomy outlook on it all >_>

I don't know, I feel the population problem is only as bad as we make it out to be.

You play Horde or Alliance on Murrahden?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

While I would tend to agree, the population problem is a huge issue when it comes to consistency in raiding. There are a ton of medium-low population realms that have had a mass exodus of raiders to realms where they are more suitable to cater to both the hardcore and casual raid environment. Blizzard has perpetuated this for awhile now, especially through the introduction of new servers when there was clearly not a player base needed to do so (which in turn has fed back into demoralization and the ultimate frustration of players whose only option is to quit or transfer).

Although I agree that it's tiresome and not constructive to complain, the amount of time I play has been severely limited due to the inability to raid. The only thing keeping me here has been the guild mates I've been with since Cata and while they were never the elitist groups I had been with before (and never truly enjoyed), they are some of the best people I've come to meet within this game.
Edited by Amunrë on 5/15/2013 12:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter

Both, majority of my toons are Horde but I play around on the Alliance a little bit.

While I would tend to agree, the population problem is a huge issue when it comes to consistency in raiding. There are a ton of medium-low population realms that have had a mass exodus of raiders to realms where they are more suitable to cater to both the hardcore and casual raid environment. Blizzard has perpetuated this for awhile now, especially through the introduction of new servers when there was clearly not a player base needed to do so (which in turn has fed back into demoralization and the ultimate frustration of players whose only option is to quit or transfer).

Although I agree that it's tiresome and not constructive to complain, the amount of time I play has been severely limited due to the inability to raid. The only thing keeping me here has been the guild mates I've been with since Cata and while they were never the elitist groups I had been with before (and never truly enjoyed), they are some of the best people I've come to meet within this game.

I do agree they need to do something about it though. Combining realms they seem to think is horrible, I don't see it that way though. Losing my name isn't as bad as losing my realm. Heck they could work out a name solution easily. Pre-set last names depending on race, something Idk.

Anyway. What I mean't with my first post with "only as bad as we make it out to be" was, it depends on what you do. As I said I love my guild and plenty of other people on this realm that aren't in it. But some people will see it all as just a lack of people. They need to eventually do something. Medium-Low pop realms wont grow much. Which is where I think the combining realms will turn out great.
Edited by Zaestrasza on 5/15/2013 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Both, majority of my toons are Horde but I play around on the Alliance a little bit.

I do agree they need to do something about it though. Combining realms they seem to think is horrible, I don't see it that way though. Losing my name isn't as bad as losing my realm. Heck they could work out a name solution easily. Pre-set last names depending on race, something Idk.

Anyway. What I mean't with my first post with "only as bad as we make it out to be" was, it depends on what you do. As I said I love my guild and plenty of other people on this realm that aren't in it. But some people will see it all as just a lack of people. They need to eventually do something. Medium-Low pop realms wont grow much. Which is where I think the combining realms will turn out great.

Just feels like Blizz is lazy and Blizz likes the revenue from xfers $.$

We just gotta make the most of what we got, and build on it!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Just feels like Blizz is lazy and Blizz likes the revenue from xfers $.$

We just gotta make the most of what we got, and build on it!

Money from transfers is essentially free money for blizz.They could easily cut the price in half and still make a massive profit.

They'd be stupid not to keep with the current model, at least from a money making standpoint.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I seem to remember back in Burning Crusade times, Wasn't free realm transfers of any character to anywhere available for a short duration at one point?

The point is, it is possible to do, and i could expect more from the timecard i buy,.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I've kept my head down and out of sight since the rest of my guildmates transferred off, but to anyone who said that this server sucks and is dying, I've responded with the same thing:

The server isn't dying. The server doesn't suck. The community is dying. The community sucks.

When is the last time you heard someone arguing a valid point as to why Muradin is still a decent server, without someone responding with "Lol everyone sucks and nobody does anything and all the good players transferred off" or something of the like?

The community on Muradin is poisonous. It's infectious.

One person says that the server is dead in trade. The more you hear the same phrase "This server is sucks, and is dead" or the like, the more you start to believe it. You can try as hard as you want, your mind is instinctively trained to believe it to be the truth. And eventually, you say it once and a while too.

I did, that's for sure. Then I took a step back and realized how dumb I sounded.

But Cimno, all the good players transferred off! The raiding scene is dead, and the pvp scene is really sucky!

And who's fault is that? Is that the server's fault? Is that your fault? No. It was their conscious decision to leave. They had their reasons.

There will always be good players. But if you want the server to take a breath of life, even just a single god damn last gasp? You need to become the good players. You need to put the time in to make Muradin your home. You need to raid on Muradin. You need to PvP on Muradin. You need to do -SOMETHING-.

Sitting in trade and complaining about how the server is dead is the disease. Get off your !@#, get some friends, make a guild (or join a guild. Jesus, we have MORE than enough guilds to go around), go raid, go get some achievements, go pet battle, go pvp, go do SOMETHING. Go strike up a rivalry with a horde player. Make them your horde archnemesis, or something. Start a Pet Battle Tournament for gold or prizes. Sit around Shrine of the Seven Stars (or Two Moons) and just shoot the $%^- with your friends in /say.

Make the game fun for yourself, and Muradin won't seem so bad.
Edited by Cimno on 5/17/2013 3:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
05/17/2013 03:11 AMPosted by Cimno
You need to PvP on Muradin

O.o
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Make the game fun for yourself, and Muradin won't seem so bad.

While it is true that any server is what you make of if, so many of the older players have left. And so far, not many have been able to step up and take their place. Looking at wowprogress, progression on the latest tier is much slower than it has ever been, on the Alliance side of things at least. People are demoralized as each big guild transfers off the server, and you can see a huge difference in the raiding scene from Cata to where it is at the moment. Every guild that was ever in the top 10 during the last expansion is now long gone. So no, the server isn't quite dead yet, however, there has decline in the raiding community.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It is sad to see another guild go yes. But hopefully they will find the progression that they want. Hugs..it was nice being with you for the short duration. Going 5/12 was nice ^^*. I only wish I had a normal schedule. Sorry I was not available on some of the raid days. Great group of people.

I have spoken to some of you, most know something should be done. I tried to help where I could. I have another toon in another guild and have brought a couple people to their guild (knights of serenity) and those guys are finally getting some raiding done (the guys from my guild invalid target). The Knights of Serenity are a great group of people. 3 raid teams. Quiet but at least enjoying their raids. But alas, not for me lolz. But it is ok as long as I can help others. Schedules are difficult and the amount of raiders here on the alliance side are thin.

I have said it before, I started here and the only time I go to another server is if this one is down for maintenance or something. I rolled here and here I stay.

I do feel guilty about one thing, openraid.us has become my new raiding place. With my crazy schedule, I am unable to commit to certain nights. Now, if there was some day raiding going on, I'd be happy to listen. For those of you that need that extra pug, I strongly suggest openraid.us excellent place to fill a few spots if you were not aware.

I do hope that a meeting of the minds can take place and maybe still get some guild mergers. Again...I know its hard letting go but pugging a few spots on muradin alliance side is also difficult. A poster mentioned even helping other guilds on their raid nights. That would be a start.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
O snap. I just built this toon over there... Did I make a mistake?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]