It's time for a new AoE healing tool for Disc

90 Blood Elf Mage
01/18/2013 10:16 PMPosted by Kaels
I can only speak for myself, but in my healing comp, it's me and a Paladin. Paladins don't really have AOE tools to burst people back up effectively when they're low. This makes my job a lot harder. AA and IF I use in conjunction with SS, but you're right, I -might- have it up again when I need it. Sometimes.

That's a problem with your raid comp. Don't get me wrong, it's also a problem with my raid comp. In fact, it's really a problem with paladins more than anything.

"Paladins suck at AoE on a lot of fights" isn't really an argument for why Disc should remain OP.

It's not saying disc should be "OP". It's saying they should have a tool to burst AoE the raid up when they are low, just like Holy Priests, Shaman, and Druids do. The fact that paladins are poor at this doesn't mean disc priests should also be poor.

Saying "that is a problem with your raid comp" simply because they are bringing a paladin is not a particularly compelling argument. Imagine if in response to our forum posts about poor shaman healing at the beginning of tier 11, somebody said "well that's just a problem with your raid comp, bring a different class"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Spirit Shell absolutely trivializes mechanics to the point of negating them. Sure, they may happen, but at such a reduced strength that it's laugh worthy. Particularly Heroic Feng and Heroic Wind Lord, Spirit Shell *does* negate extremely important parts of the fights.

Our resto druid sits on his thumb for Heroic Feng, he has never broken 40k HPS on that fight. Is it because he's bad? Absolutely not. It's because I'm doing ~90k HPS, 65k+ of which is purely absorbs. At the end of the day, our throughput itself may not be too far ahead of other specs, but our ability to destroy mechanics/ruin the fun for everyone else needed to be adjusted. This is a really intense way to do it, but they need to try something. It's not fair to others.

10m Disc doesn't need any additional tools, we have a large arsenal capable of handling anything. 25m is a different beast, it does seem like we may be missing something in that department post PoH change, but I can't think of anything Disc flavor that won't be OP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/18/2013 10:23 PMPosted by Qùess
Spirit Shell absolutely trivializes mechanics to the point of negating them. Sure, they may happen, but at such a reduced strength that it's laugh worthy. Particularly Heroic Feng and Heroic Wind Lord, Spirit Shell *does* negate extremely important parts of the fights.

I suppose this may be true for those of you with the level of gear you have. It does not, even right now pre-nerf for many of us. And in all honestly, we will not be obtaining your level of gear this patch.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/18/2013 10:28 PMPosted by Taymage
I suppose this may be true for those of you with the level of gear you have. It does not, even right now pre-nerf for many of us. And in all honestly, we will not be obtaining your level of gear this patch.

It wouldn't be the first time Blizzard balances on the backs of lesser-geared people. A lot of the time it impacts the lower-end a lot more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/18/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Qùess
It wouldn't be the first time Blizzard balances on the backs of lesser-geared people. A lot of the time it impacts the lower-end a lot more.

You're right, it wouldn't be the first time. But, hopefully Blizzard remembers what happened the last time they did something like that. It wasn't pretty, for anyone concerned.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
01/18/2013 10:16 PMPosted by Kaels
"Paladins suck at AoE on a lot of fights" isn't really an argument for why Disc should remain OP.

I thought they wanted us to "bring the player, not the class" anyway. :[

My comp is the same. We only 3 heal heroic content (even if meant to be 2 healed) because we simply don't have the burst to get people back up on a heroic fight when they're all low. That might be lack of skill on our part, but I feel it has a lot to do with the synergy between pally, disc priest or lack thereof in some cases. Heroic elegon, for example p3 is a killer on us.

edit: I also should add that we don't have any "hybrid" healers... like an ele shammy or a boomkin for helpful heals when needed.
Edited by Fluffychoo on 1/19/2013 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]