What should my DPS be at this iLvl?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I just went in a LFR MSV to test out how I am doing with a few upgrades. I was kind of sad to see my damage drop EXTREMELY after my initial CD burst.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r5ppi7o2bgnybh3d/details/22/?s=36&e=399

The end of the fight was me at 53k. How can I improve?

EDIT: I got the epic cape after the fight. I was using Ribcracker's Cloak during the fight with enchant +180 hit and reforged 100 Hit -> Exp.
Edited by Exalus on 1/17/2013 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, is it okay for me to be 2% under hit cap and 1% under exp. cap? I gained about 300 haste from reforging around.

~ 6300 -> 6680 haste
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol no it is not ok to be that far under Hit/Exp cap. Go to Askmrrobot.com and use that to reforge and gem. At most maybe .5% off hit cap and that is really pushing it. Download CLCRet from curse.com that should help you optimize your rotation better. Havnt looked at your gear or anything but 53k is decent if your around 465ilvl once you hit around 470 you should see a jump to about 60k around 480 around 70k 490 80-85k. These are single target numbers btw. GL hope that helps.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Only trust the Robot if you have manually adjusted your stat weight and set it to force your caps; otherwise, don't trust the Robot as it has the tendency to leave you far enough under caps to be a hindrance to your DPS. Hit and expertise caps are very important to Ret as missing, or having an attack dodged/parried, means we lose out on Holy Power, which in turn delays Inquisition/Templar's Verdict. That's bad for our output.

More than that, though, what's holding you back is your weapon - even upgrading it would provide a significant boost to your damage, since we scale extremely well with weapons. Going from that, upgraded or otherwise, to even an LFR weapon is going to do tremendous things for your damage. You are using the wrong enchants on your bracers and gloves, though; the one for bracers may be outside your budget, so mastery is fine in a pinch, but Super Strength to gloves should be fairly accessible.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 1/17/2013 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Being under cap by a fraction of one item reforge worth of rating is sometimes arguably acceptable; being under by hundreds of rating is never good. Hit and expertise are by far our best secondary stats, point-for-point; trading them for haste is strictly a DPS loss.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I used WoWReforge and set it around EJ's weights. And @ Grognard, I've been tryin' LFR to get one of the weapons but RNG just hasn't gone my way. The last time I was in a N MSV we stopped at Elegon, so that was no bueno too.

I'll be changing my enchants right away. (Bracers are a bit over my budget atm, but if I land a normal upgrade, I'll be trying to get it asap.)

I'll be reforging to 2550 asap!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
EJ's posted weights are not set in stone; they're projected weights for heroic T14 BiS. Your individual weigths will vary, and it's best to use the actual weights for your gear setup. To the weapon, RNG is a cruel mistress; just gotta keep at it; I'd recommend running ToES multiple times a week and feeding the Sha of Fear your coins to try for the axe, unless you expect to be downing nElegon any time soon, in which case I'd save a coin for him, too.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Does the coin work even if I looted him already? (Sha of Fear)
Edited by Exalus on 1/18/2013 12:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes, you can even use multiple coins on the same boss in a week, if you run the place multiple times.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/17/2013 09:59 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
EJ's posted weights are not set in stone; they're projected weights for heroic T14 BiS. Your individual weigths will vary, and it's best to use the actual weights for your gear setup. To the weapon, RNG is a cruel mistress; just gotta keep at it; I'd recommend running ToES multiple times a week and feeding the Sha of Fear your coins to try for the axe, unless you expect to be downing nElegon any time soon, in which case I'd save a coin for him, too.

Kinda new to wow, how do we find out our stats weight?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/18/2013 03:18 AMPosted by Tyreline
Kinda new to wow, how do we find out our stats weight?

Probably the easiest way is to use SimCraft. Just go to Options first and make sure that Iterations under Globals is at least 10000, then go to Buffs / Debuffs and check the boxes for the stats you want scaled for weights.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/18/2013 12:28 AMPosted by Ravicana
Yes, you can even use multiple coins on the same boss in a week, if you run the place multiple times.

I've done some research on this. Unfortunately that's correct but not advised. Yes, you can still use a coin on a boss you've already defeated. However the second time you kill the boss, all you're eligible for is gold. So you're wasting your coins on 28.50, every time you use one on a boss you've killed earlier.
Edited by Warwaggon on 1/18/2013 11:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That is not correct. I have personally received items from using a second coin on the same boss in a week. (I was really desperate to get my 4pc, ok? >.>) Running the instance a second time for one chance at one item IS generally a waste of time, and coins are limited enough that you rarely want to do it anyway, but it does technically work.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/18/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Ravicana
(I was really desperate to get my 4pc, ok? >.>)

Same. Farmed Lei Shi and fed here every coin I had to try and get my shoulder token. Third and final attempt of the week, she rewarded me with I belt I had already DE'ed twice by then from the other bosses weeks before.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Would the darkmoon trinket at this point in the game be still good to get for me? (Even if I am a bit on the poor side.)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Pre-heroic raiding, DMR:Xuen and Lei Shen's Final Orders are pretty much BiS. So, yes, if you can afford to get it, even if card by card, Xuen will be very much worth the investment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Relic of Xuen is a very good trinket, but it is replaceable by normal-mode trinkets, and will definitely be replaceable next tier. I wouldn't recommend breaking the bank for it anymore, but it will be useful for a while yet. So it just depends on how expensive it is to you, IMO.
Edited by Ravicana on 1/18/2013 11:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/18/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Ravicana
Relic of Xuen is a very good trinket, but it is replaceable by normal-mode trinkets, and will definitely be replaceable next tier. I wouldn't recommend breaking the bank for it anymore, but it will be useful for a while yet. So it just depends on how expensive it is to you, IMO.

I thought it was better than normal vortex?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's within 2 DPS of a normal Vortex, according to the Seeing Through the Mists thread.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Did they recalc those recently? I don't remember the unupgraded margin being that close, but I do remember the upgraded margin to be ridiculously close like that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]