The No Sha Touched Weapon Club

1st kill on my paladin and got Loshan, Terror Incarnate >_>

But my heroic geared priest will be using a blue belt for eternity.

Yup. Those of us that don't get it before 5.2 will pretty much be screwed into farming a useless sha weapon with less power than someone with the same weapon who actually got it on time. Good news folks.

I am rummaging through PTR notes and stuff but I don't exactly see what you mean. If you don't get a sha-touched by 5.2, you won't be able to upgrade it?
Edited by Sakuramochi on 1/17/2013 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
i killed the empress 4 times and the water elemental dude (has a dagger) 1 time. still got the claw. my guess is blizz just hates you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
1st kill on my paladin and got Loshan, Terror Incarnate >_>

But my heroic geared priest will be using a blue belt for eternity.

Yup. Those of us that don't get it before 5.2 will pretty much be screwed into farming a useless sha weapon with less power than someone with the same weapon who actually got it on time. Good news folks.

I am rummaging through PTR notes and stuff but I don't exactly see what you mean. If you don't get a sha-touched by 5.2, you won't be able to upgrade it?

They are removing the upgrade guy until 5.3 apparently. But I can't recall where I read that. might have been a blue post so check the stickies.

I got the LFR sha-touched weapon the other day. Didn't even realise it until I spotted the gem slot. Now I feel the need to get the rest of my wisdom/power sigils, at some point, no real hurry.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Grayhair
They are removing the upgrade guy until 5.3 apparently. But I can't recall where I read that. might have been a blue post so check the stickies.

Oh! Upgrade as in VP upgrade. Kk, got it. I thought people meant like the continuation of the quest chain.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
They are removing the upgrade guy until 5.3 apparently. But I can't recall where I read that. might have been a blue post so check the stickies.I got the LFR sha-touched weapon the other day. Didn't even realise it until I spotted the gem slot. Now I feel the need to get the rest of my wisdom/power sigils, at some point, no real hurry.

This. The vendors are gone in 5.2.

Considering that we will be upgrading our legendaries as time goes by, not having one (or two) for dual wielders before 5.2 will mean that you are going to be significantly weaker forever, with no way to catch up.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Warrior
Got mine on my 4th kill.

*runs*

I got mine on my shaman on her 2nd Empress kill. *hides behind him*
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
So you're NOT in a raiding guild...

but still have a CHANCE to get a raid weapon....

I' sorry, I'm failing to see why this is such a BAD thing..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
People seem to be under the impression that 5.2 won't bring new weapons that the legendary gem can be used in. For some reason they're stuck on this one weapon as though nothing will replace it. As though the upgrade vendor will never return. Ever. Neither of which are true.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
So you're NOT in a raiding guild...

but still have a CHANCE to get a raid weapon....

I' sorry, I'm failing to see why this is such a BAD thing..

It would be fine if valor upgraders were staying for 5.0/5.1 items in 5.2 (and 5.2 items were just locked for the time being).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
01/17/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Mushimushi
People seem to be under the impression that 5.2 won't bring new weapons that the legendary gem can be used in.

Blizzard wouldn't do that because of the sheer QQ it would create from people having to pay oodles of gold to regem their new weapons.

Trust me - you won't be seeing Sha-Touched weapons in 5.2.

01/17/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Mushimushi
As though the upgrade vendor will never return. Ever.

It's return is...doubtful, and more than likely will be totally reworked.

At present it's reasonable to believe that upgrades are gone for good, and that those who got the gear they wanted prepatch are going to be sitting pretty.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
In all honesty, I am not sure I am ready to put the Sha-Gem in my LFR weapon, if I can get something better from a normal raid later anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
People seem to be under the impression that 5.2 won't bring new weapons that the legendary gem can be used in.

Blizzard wouldn't do that because of the sheer QQ it would create from people having to pay oodles of gold to regem their new weapons.

Trust me - you won't be seeing Sha-Touched weapons in 5.2.

As though the upgrade vendor will never return. Ever.

At present it's reasonable to believe that upgrades are gone for good, and that those who got the gear they wanted prepatch are going to be sitting pretty.

Or Blizzard will provide a way to remove the gem, offer a new, slightly higher gem from the quest series ( Refined Crystallized Horror ) or drastically reduce the cost of new gems or provide a way to upgrade the weapon (doubtful since this would result in ignoring the new weapons being made). I don't understand why people can't think of this stuff on their own...

Blizzard has given no indication that they won't bring the upgrade vendor back and they've given no reason to believe they will not. I don't agree with removing them, but they've given us no reason to think they won't be back in 5.2.5 or 5.3.
Edited by Mushimushi on 1/17/2013 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Spent nine months waiting for Spaulders of Valor to drop from Rend Blackhand in UBRS. Twice a week...every single week until TBC launched.

I'm mostly kidding when I say this, but...QQ more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm basically in the same spot as the OP, only it's that way on all 4 of my 90s. I've had absolutely atrocious luck with weapons in LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

It's obvious you're stupid or just completely ignoring every single blue response concerning that aspect of the patch notes since they come out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Where did the Sha touch you?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I got a sha weapon on 2nd kill. *high fives OP*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
4 90s, 2 have the LFR sha touched. But not this toon!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]