Holy crap I'm getting buffed to the moon.

90 Night Elf Monk
5.2:

New Level-60 Talent: Ring of Peace
Ring of Peace forms a 8 yard sanctuary around the target for 8 seconds, causing all enemies in the area of effect to be silenced and disarmed.
New Windwalker and Brewmaster ability added at level 30: Nimble Brew. Nimble Brew removes all stun, fear, and root effects, and reduces the duration of those effects if they are re-applied by 60% for 6 seconds. It has a 2-minute cooldown.
Chi Wave now does 100% more damage and healing, and no longer costs Chi, but now has a 15-second cooldown.
Zen Sphere now has a limit of 2 (was 1), now detonates when either the recipient reaches 35% health or the Zen Sphere is dispelled, and no longer costs Chi.
Chi Burst now does 100% more damage and healing, no longer costs Chi, and now has a 30-second cooldown.
Path of Blossoms has been removed.
Deadly Reach has been removed.
Paralysis is now a physical, non-magical effect, and can no longer be dispelled, grounded or reflected, and its base range has been increased to 20 yards.
Tiger's Lust and Touch of Karma no longer have a Chi cost.
Tiger's Lust can no longer be used on targets that have other temporary speed increases active.
Charging Ox Wave now has a 30-second cooldown (was 60 seconds).
Dampen Harm can now be used while stunned, and its cooldown will now begin when used, not when the effect ends.
Healing Elixirs now heals the Monk for 15% of maximum health (was 10%).
Chi Torpedo now deals 15% more damage.
Healing Spheres now have a duration of 1 minute. Healing Spheres generated by Mastery: Gift of the Serpent now have a duration of 30 seconds.
Mistweaver
Life Cocoon can no longer be dispelled.
Zen Focus, the 4-piece Mistweaver set bonus, is now more responsive.
It is no longer possible to use Thunder Focus Tea while silenced.
Healing Spheres will now heal for 50% of their original value if they expire without being picked up. This healing will factor in relevant Mastery.
Xuen will now fixate on the Monk's original target.
Windwalker
New Level-75 Ability: Storm, Earth and Fire
The Windwalker can summon up to 2 elemental duplicates that mirror damaging abilities that the Monk uses while they are active. For each spirit summoned, the Monk's damage is reduced: 1 spirit causes the Monk and the spirit to deal 60% of the Monk's normal damage, while 2 spirits will cause the Monk and both active spirits to deal 40% of the Monk's normal damage. Each spirit lasts until the ability is canceled, or that spirit's target dies or otherwise becomes unavailable.
Combo Breaker is now a passive ability granted at level 15 that grants a 12% chance to make the Monk's next Blackout Kick or Tiger Palm cost no Chi.
New Mastery: Bottled Fury -- Increases the damage bonus provided by Tigereye Brew by .2% per Mastery per stack.
Tigereye Brew now increases damage by 1% per stack (was 2%), but is now improved by Bottled Fury.
Tigereye Brew now gains 1 charge after spending 2 Chi (was 4 Chi).
Tigereye Brew will now stack to 20, but only 10 charges can be consumed per activation.
A user interface alert now displays upon reaching 10 stacks of Tigereye Brew.
Brewmaster
Mastery: Elusive Brawler now provides 25% more Stagger per Mastery rating.

Holy crap berries.

I didn't realize Blizzard was giving monks THIS much love.

Obviously some of it will likely be nerfed later, but.

Holy crap.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
Wind walker needed it though, so I hear.

It made the class a smidge more interesting to me since before, only Mistweaver was appealing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Yeah. I was PvPing as Windwalker and getting stomped. At first I just chalked it up to gear, but even as I geared up I was still getting buried in a lot of situations.

I'm really glad they're giving us a stunbreak and boosting our healing to levels consistent with other hybrid DPS specs [ret, feral, etc].
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Windwalkers are currently one of the worst dps specs in the game, these changes are sorely needed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Oh no, we're losing Path of Blossoms!

THAT SPELL WAS SO USEFUL AND THE BEST PART OF MY ARSENAL, HOW COULD TH--

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

man that spell sucked.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
I really did enjoy using it to follow people in dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
I love my Windwalker.

I feel like I'm a mediocre DPS overall though.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
01/05/2013 09:27 AMPosted by Xanthion
Heard shadow priests are gonna see some love as well, which we desperately need.

Priests in general do, I think. Especially in PvP.
Reply Quote
Yeah, Windwalkers in general suffered from two major things: EXTREMELY slow rampup time, and they were stupidly easy to CC; you only had the human racial / trinket to break CC and that was it. You could literally get away with kidney shotting a windwalker to death and they wouldn't be able to do a thing about it.
Reply Quote
Heard shadow priests are gonna see some love as well, which we desperately need.

Maybe it's just my gear (or lack of), but I dunno about that, a good spriest can DESTROY. :P
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Emlee

LIES.
Reply Quote
The buff was needed but nothing that big, I'm doing great with my monk so far but I do have a problem with Blizzard throwing in a self stun aka leg sweep.
Edited by Skagrukk on 1/5/2013 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
FINALLY.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
01/05/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Sogard

LIES.

Not spriests, but holy and disc priests probably do.

Shadow priests are still ranking very low in DPS numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

No.

No it wasn't.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
01/05/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Raisheal
Not spriests, but holy and disc priests probably do.

Yus, this. It's the reason priest Emlee is sitting unused currently.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Enjoy your buffs. I'll be sitting in my corner crying about the consistent nerfs to an already underperforming spec.

At least my fire will be green.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I chose the right time to bring Kenchin to 90.

ARENAS, HO!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]